Gailey/Nix Credit

BillsLux

I don't post much, but I've been around for a while. The bottom line for me being a season ticket holder and die hard Buffalo fan is I need to have faith. I've had my tickets in Sec. 333 for 9 years now. I have made the best of friends with my neighbors. I've watched children grow-up and others like myself get older. The bottom line is Win, Lose, or Draw, As long as I can make it, I'll be in 333. A Sunday during football season without the Buffalo Bills would not be right. I live in Holbrook N.Y., when I don't fly it takes me 6.30 Hrs to drive. But in the words of the great Marv Levy, "where else would you rather be". We may all be in for a surprise. By the way Rocco, how's your twin brother -Richie

I applaud your dedication and perseverance. :thumbsup:

I give Gailey and Nix credit for one thing, guts. They decided to sacrifice the year early last year with the Lynch tactics; playing an inferior player to Jackson to entice a stronger trade position (we got nothing in the end).

Are they doing the same thing this year? I'm not a season ticket holder to watch us give up games for 4th and 5th round picks.

If we don't produce offensively this year, considering we just gave up one of our premier players for a 4th round pick, they should be crucified by fans and rightfully so. We didn't get a first round pick, we got a fourth round pick. I don't care how old Evans is, what are the odds we get something of more value than him. That's ignoring the fact that he was a Bill and someone I enjoyed cheering for.

I don't want to hear about salary cap. We've been talking about salary cap room for years and we've done nothing with it. For some reason, every new GM that comes in has to clear out everything from the past, clearing out the baby with the bath water (or whatever that saying is).

This is year 2 of rebuilding for Nix/Gailey. Usually rebuilding does not include 30 something players unless they are vital to the rebuilding process, Evans was not. Like it or not, obviously not, the Bills are rebuilding again. As you mentioned, they change GM's every couple years, so this is what you get, that's what a GM does. He builds his team, usually new GM's don't take over SB contenders. But the silver lining is that this is the GM/Coach that could make this team a contender again, I actually have faith in these guys. I believe they have a 3 year plan to be competitive and this is year 2. I am a season ticket holder and I hate the word rebuilding, because that's all the Bills have been doing the past 10 years. But I am also a realist and that's exactly what it is!

Edited by ricojes

Ochocinco went for a 5th and a 6th round pick, 31 years old 6 probowls......

please keep facts out of all Arguements here at Two bills Drive. i could have also came here and said something like "Didn't Moss (multiple time pro-Bowler, possible future HOFer) get traded for a 4th?" or "Didn't Boldin get traded to the Ravens for a 3rd and a 4th last year"? But I won't because facts have no place here at Two bills Drive when in an arguement about how bad the front office is and how cheap Ralph Wilson is. Its not like those guys are any better then Evans........

Ok, I get what you're saying now. I definitely wasn't impressed by Evans' last two seasons, but I think he still had an intrinsic value to the offense that now has to be replaced. He wasn't double covered on every single play, but he was a big distraction in the secondary even when not producing numbers. Is there a player on the roster that can fill that role? We'll see. If there's no drop-off in our vertical capabilities, then I officially applaud the trade.

If it is vertical that is important, then Roscoe can run that route at least once or twice per game. Then if he is not picked up on double team he gets thrown to, otherwise "short" receivers are open. Yes, Evans was our speed guy, but he would have been more productive had he run crisp curls, slants and outs consistently. Obviously the staff didn't think he was and felt his "long" game wasn't enough.

If it is vertical that is important, then Roscoe can run that route at least once or twice per game. Then if he is not picked up on double team he gets thrown to, otherwise "short" receivers are open. Yes, Evans was our speed guy, but he would have been more productive had he run crisp curls, slants and outs consistently. Obviously the staff didn't think he was and felt his "long" game wasn't enough.

You may be right about Roscoe. I personally think his talent is agility, not straight speed, so Jones may be a better option in this particular capacity. But we're yet to see if Jones is even an NFL WR, so who knows.

You may be right about Roscoe. I personally think his talent is agility, not straight speed, so Jones may be a better option in this particular capacity. But we're yet to see if Jones is even an NFL WR, so who knows.

I'm not sure the Bills have anyone that is a straight line burner like Evans. Parrish used to run in the 4.3 range. Jones and Easley are in the 4.4s. Johnson (4.5s) got deep on some teams last year, but he's no burner. I do think Roscoe is a quicker small space athlete than Evans. The question has always been if he could physically hold up and had enough power to hold his own.

PS: I expect Evans to flourish in the Ravens offense. I'm hoping it is a great trade for him personally.

please keep facts out of all Arguements here at Two bills Drive. i could have also came here and said something like "Didn't Moss (multiple time pro-Bowler, possible future HOFer) get traded for a 4th?" or "Didn't Boldin get traded to the Ravens for a 3rd and a 4th last year"? But I won't because facts have no place here at Two bills Drive when in an arguement about how bad the front office is and how cheap Ralph Wilson is. Its not like those guys are any better then Evans........

No, but Houshyermama did.

This is year 2 of rebuilding for Nix/Gailey. Usually rebuilding does not include 30 something players unless they are vital to the rebuilding process, Evans was not. Like it or not, obviously not, the Bills are rebuilding again. As you mentioned, they change GM's every couple years, so this is what you get, that's what a GM does. He builds his team, usually new GM's don't take over SB contenders. But the silver lining is that this is the GM/Coach that could make this team a contender again, I actually have faith in these guys. I believe they have a 3 year plan to be competitive and this is year 2. I am a season ticket holder and I hate the word rebuilding, because that's all the Bills have been doing the past 10 years. But I am also a realist and that's exactly what it is!

Your so right brother. A real rebuild means turning over lots of players from the old regime. They don't care if fans like thier moves or not. If they worried about who fans wanted to keep around we would end up with players like Whitner and Poz at all positions every year. Us fans always love our blue collar, lunch pal to work kind of guys but that doesn't male them good football players. Usually they are not. Nix and Gailey are looking at this from a football and ability standpoint and if you see all the moves they've made they bettered themselves for all the players we lost.

Poz<Barnett

Whitner<Wilson or Scott or future possibilities of Searcy

Lynch<Jackson

Evans>Jones/Nelson/Rosevelt for now but as Evans gets older and these guys get more experience that might not be the case.

It's a time consuming project and nothing any of the other GMs or coaches did since Levy was our HC. When GMs come in they always make moves that make people scratch thier heads, that's until it all works out for them. What do you think happened whe. The Packers let Favre go? When the Pats let Moss go? When the Steelers let Holmes go?