Evans Requested Trade

Silvercrw

Lee did not request a trade I am %100 positive of this. He heard the rumors but was as surprised as anyone when it actually happened.

Furthermore had I not had first hand info of the situation if you look at it as an outsider what sense would it make? The team pays him $1.5 mil then just grants his trade? Then rather than explaining the unpopular (both with fans and in the locker room) move and/or forcing lees hand, they just grant his request? Think about this... the bill have every reason to make him look like the bad guy or at least explain this to the team/fans. They would have no reason to keep this guarded.

Sounds like common sense to me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that I should contribute more to this forum. But I do not hate Kelsay, have not an opinion on Wang, no man love for Jasper, have no real first hand knowledge as to the actual reasons Ralph does not spend more money. However, back when the first President Bush was President, he and his wife Barbara came in to the restaurant my now ex-wife and I were eating at, and sat down two tables away from us. I just knew the secret service was going to find that doobie rolled up in a cigarette pack in my jacket. But they didn't, and I never went to prison, allowing me to be here to write this story to you today...

That's right Silvercrw, don't care about your story either!

Seems strange to me. If he wanted to request that, he should have done so years ago. Why now, when the offense actually seems to be turning a new leaf?

I hope he does well in Baltimore.

Why now?

1. The Bills appear at least a year away from making the playoffs and not unlikely two. A 30 year old in the NFL is already on borrowed time so if there is any desire to make the playoffs in a players' career after playing totally in our 0 for a decade plus streak then getting out of Dodge would seem prudent.

2. Last year was one of your least productive in recent memory

3. The other WR had a banner year and seems to have some chemistry with the definite QB you do not have

4. Economically it is incredibly unlikely that you are going to see a significant raise in your next contract (even if you perform incredibly well. The odds are certainly higher for you financially to go to a contender that will feature you and has no liability for the bonus the Bills already paid you. Economically. your chances are not only better for having a banner year in your 30 year old body elsewhere, but also if you do, the Ravens are far more likely to reward you with a new contract since they are not in for the money you already received.

5. Two years ago there was even more hope for you as potentially gaining the Pro Bowl than there is remotely to the chances if you remain a Bill.

The answer? As Getty Paul would say.. Take Off

Tim Graham tweeted something similar to this last week and that the bills were honoring his request and doing the best they could to work out the best deal for both he and the bills. if true...bravo....

I just got some info that Lee Evans requested being traded to a contender. This is not being publicky revealed and is staying internal. I will have more info soon.

The more I hear about this the more sense this actually made.

Go Bills!

Edited by The Poojer

I feel that I should contribute more to this forum. But I do not hate Kelsay, have not an opinion on Wang, no man love for Jasper, have no real first hand knowledge as to the actual reasons Ralph does not spend more money. However, back when the first President Bush was President, he and his wife Barbara came in to the restaurant my now ex-wife and I were eating at, and sat down two tables away from us. I just knew the secret service was going to find that doobie rolled up in a cigarette pack in my jacket. But they didn't, and I never went to prison, allowing me to be here to write this story to you today...

That's right Silvercrw, don't care about your story either!

Still laughing! :thumbsup::w00t::worthy: