Goodbye Kelsay

rcatty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can watch a play where Kelsay gets completely blocked out of the play and washed out into another defenders kness 5 yards away from the play and be cool with it than I'm not sure what to say. You obviously are cluseless when it comes to knowing anything about the game. He has a job to do and is poor at doing it. The other defenders aren't always going to be there to cover his A**.

As we've added quality links to the defensive chain, the weak links become all the more obvious. I don't hate Kelsay, but damn, we really need someone to step up and out play him for the job. My disappointment is solely in the fact that it has not happened. Yet.

As we've added quality links to the defensive chain, the weak links become all the more obvious. I don't hate Kelsay, but damn, we really need someone to step up and out play him for the job. My disappointment is solely in the fact that it has not happened. Yet.

I don't see how Carrington isn't the guy. He'll be starting over that scrub very soon.

I don't see how Carrington isn't the guy. He'll be starting over that scrub very soon.

Carrington will likely see some situational playing time at OLB with his main role probably being a rotational end, but at 306 lbs don't expect him to cover TE's or tackle RB's in space any better than Kelsay.

Id like to see Carrington take Dwan Edwards spot more than Kelsay's. Edwards is ok, but maybe Carrington can become a playmaker.

For Kelsay being so hated, he sure get's a lot of air time on these boards...He has to be the most commented on player doesn't he?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Carrington will likely see some situational playing time at OLB with his main role probably being a rotational end, but at 306 lbs don't expect him to cover TE's or tackle RB's in space any better than Kelsay.

Id like to see Carrington take Dwan Edwards spot more than Kelsay's. Edwards is ok, but maybe Carrington can become a playmaker.

For Kelsay being so hated, he sure get's a lot of air time on these boards...He has to be the most commented on player doesn't he?

Agree with you on Carrington playing OLB. There is no way that he can play in space, cover and change direction well enough to play OLB.

The reason why Kelsay is commented on a lot is because posters like you continue to say that he looks "good" when he wasn't, never has been and never will be. It took him exactly one play last night to show why he sucks....just one.

Agree with you on Carrington playing OLB. There is no way that he can play in space, cover and change direction well enough to play OLB.

The reason why Kelsay is commented on a lot is because posters like you continue to say that he looks "good" when he wasn't, never has been and never will be. It took him exactly one play last night to show why he sucks....just one.

That reasoning doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, 9 out of 10 posts are rants about how bad Kelsey is. I'm obviously in the minority. I have said many times that I don't think Kelsey should be an OLB. I would be happy to have someone out play him, hasn't happened yet. I DO think Kelsey looks decent when playing on the line, as he did towards the end of last year and last night. I DON'T think Kelsey is great, just that he gets an undeserved amount of hatred on a team that has many players worse than him. In general though, I am very supportive of your thinking that we need to upgrade his OLB position.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Bam

Kelsay is not great by any stretch but he is average/above average for Bills talent. If you watch, he does contain on 90% of his plays

Bam

That reasoning doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, 9 out of 10 posts are rants about how bad Kelsey is. I'm obviously in the minority. I have said many times that I don't think Kelsey should be an OLB. I would be happy to have someone out play him, hasn't happened yet. I DO think Kelsey looks decent when playing on the line, as he did towards the end of last year and last night. I DON'T think Kelsey is great, just that he gets an undeserved amount of hatred on a team that has many players worse than him. In general though, I am very supportive of your thinking that we need to upgrade his OLB position.

Not bam

How/why is he still on the team?

Because he signed a rather lucrative contract extension last season. Didn't you hear?

How/why is he still on the team?

Because he signed a rather lucrative contract extension last season. Didn't you hear?

Kelsay is like the Bills Mike Vrabel, does he blow you away No. Does he miss some plays? Yes.

Is he generally where he's supposed to be, when he's supposed to be there? Apparently,or OBD wouldn't have given him a new contract.

as a defensive end hes solid but unspectacular. as a rushing linebacker hes solid but unspectacular. as a coverage linebacker hes horrible, so they never ask him to do that anymore. hes a model citizen, consummate professional, and great example for younger players. and at 3.75m total actual compensation hes reasonably priced

these are actual facts. but lots of fans are natural born haters who simply must have a target for their hate. if they have any trouble finding one they will create one out of their own perceptions by never acknowledging good plays, forever remembering every bad one, and projecting bad into whats actually a routine situation for any player in the league. if brian urlacher cant catch up to make a tackle its oh no big deal, but if kelsay cant catch up to make a tackle its the end of the world

haters gotta hate. and dumb haters hate dumbly. simple as that

good post

If you watched the first quarter on Saturday and felt that Chris Kelsay was somehow a liability, you are a delusional hater bitching for the sake of bitching.

I wish we had a better player too, but we don't. Alex Carrington? Seriously? Bills fans will enshrine any young player who can't get reps due to ability or injury just because they rationalize that ANYTHING must be better than the poor performances they see week in and week out.

This is how Hardy was year after year going to be a break out difference maker, and why Brian Brohm earned cult status before exiting the league unceremoniously.

Kelsay is fine. He played well on Saturday and was integral in our number 1 defenses domination of the Bears #1s.

Deal with it, or drink the Haterade and search the DVR for questionable instances of sub-par play while ignoring the good. Yawn. Predictable.

I think all the main points have been covered to death re: Kelsay. He's ok and could be a decent cog in a good system with better players around him. He sure ain't Bryce Paup but he doesn't flat out suck either.

I think he's got more of a bullseye on him because the front office made it such a priority to retain him and sign him to such a lucrative deal. On a team with all the pressing needs the Bills had, he seemed a bit more expendable at the time of the signing. Unfortunately, the fact that he's still hanging around makes him the poster boy for multiple front office epic fails....

This perplexes me as well. It's one of life's great mysteries...

Who built Stonehenge?

Who killed JFK?

How/why is Chris Kelsay on this team?

Frankly, he's like a man's nipples...serves no logistical purpose whatsoever

LOL

If you watched the first quarter on Saturday and felt that Chris Kelsay was somehow a liability, you are a delusional hater bitching for the sake of bitching.

Deal with it, or drink the Haterade and search the DVR for questionable instances of sub-par play while ignoring the good. Yawn. Predictable.

Attribution is important and not enough of it happens on this board.

AFAIK, you coined the term and it's a good one.

The people who think Kelsay is "fine", "a solid player", are the ones who don't understand why the Bills have not made the playoff's in 11 years. They'll never have a clue.

Just keep drinking the Ralph koolaid and give him some more of your money.

Idiots.