Gaither

If the Raiders, who are the virtual Ellis Island of the NFL reject a player based on health, there is no way he's getting on the field by Game 1 of the regular season.

Chronically bad backs don't heal themselves in two weeks in your average person. You take that recovery out much farther when you're talking about a man of Gaither's size.

You are making that up. Who wanted Brandon Albert? If there was a clamor for his services it certainly didn't come from a lot of people. :rolleyes:

No The names talked about most were Gholston, Ellis, Clady, Albert and Williams- Albert was considered a very good guard prospect and a definite possibility if we traded down- I'm not sure but I think KC has him at OT where he has struggled a little bit.

I've not heard anything bad about Pears this offseason or training camp and have a hard time trashing him before seeing him play in any type of game.

We neither, which is good, but at same time the franchise is in a rather deep hole and needs to pull a few lucky cards here and there. It's not my money, but I think he would have been worth a one year deal to see if he can get back together or not. If nothing else we do not seem to have any depth on the o-line and so maybe come midseason he coulda stepped in.

I've not heard anything bad about Pears this offseason or training camp and have a hard time trashing him before seeing him play in any type of game.

I am commenting more on his history than this off season. This is his 7th year.

He could not secure a spot on the Jags as a backup last year.

He couldn't win a starting spot from the amazing Cornell Green two years ago. They let him go after 1 year.

Despite getting plenty of playing time due to injury with Denver in 2006/7, he could not even get a regular active roster spot the next year (this was BEFORE his appendectomy). They let him go.

He just seems to have a history of not being able to compete for a starting position, but he obviously did not impress his previous teams either...No team has tried to retain him.

In the past 3 years he has a combined 5 starts.

I just don't believe that he is all of the sudden going to become a quality starter. I could be wrong, and hope I am. I would just feel better if we picked up a vet to compete, or for depth at least.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Other than Priest Holmes show me 1 player the Ravens have let go that's performed at a high level elsewhere? I'll trust ozzie newsome on this one. The guy has a bad back, failed the raiders physical, and Pioli brings him to the chiefs. No offense to Pioli, but when it comes to player evaluations I tip my hat to Newsome.