Terrelle Pryor

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/08/09/11/Pryor-awaiting-NFL-decision-on-eligibili/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=545303&feedID=3725

Interesting. The NFL has announced it's intentions to hold a supplemental draft but hasn't let any of the players know if they're eligible or not. I'd say it's just a formality. Terrelle Pryor will most likely be available to draft on the 17th. While he is greener than grass and has had off the field issues, he represents an interesting opportunity for Buffalo.

I think we can all agree that we won't be picking 1st overall next year (most likely). So Andrew Luck is out. And if that's the case, while Pryor's green; I think he'd be more pro ready if we took him on the 17th and he spent the 2011 season learning the Bills offense and being coached up than a QB who we may or may not take in April 2012.

Not to mention, he could most likely be had for a 3rd at the most (i'm speculating, of course) while someone next year would probably cost more. With his growing up and playing in Pennsylvania, Buffalo won't be a culture or weather shock. With Gailey's love of mobile Quarterback's, I think this is honestly a great fit.

Now i'm sure you'll all reply "pass, he's an idiot" or something along those lines. But what of those very same people when the "Vick to Buffalo" rumors were going on? That's worked out pretty well so far for Phili.

I say; low risk potential high reward. If Terrelle Pryor became a Buffalo Bill, how would you feel?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an tOSU fan if we use anything more than a 4th it would be a bad move. I don't think he can be an NFL QB so I wouldn't even use a 4th on him maybe a 5th. He isn't accurate with the football, feet are sloppy and has a hitch in his motion, while he is a good runner he doesn't make people miss much like Young did at Texas. So imo put in a 5th for him we don't get him o'well we can find a QB in the draft next year. Watch out for Ryan Tannehill from Texas A&M think he is going to end up a mid 1st-early 2nd. Hwas a WR at one point at A&M so he is mobile.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/08/09/11/Pryor-awaiting-NFL-decision-on-eligibili/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=545303&feedID=3725

Interesting. The NFL has announced it's intentions to hold a supplemental draft but hasn't let any of the players know if they're eligible or not. I'd say it's just a formality. Terrelle Pryor will most likely be available to draft on the 17th. While he is greener than grass and has had off the field issues, he represents an interesting opportunity for Buffalo.

I think we can all agree that we won't be picking 1st overall next year (most likely). So Andrew Luck is out. And if that's the case, while Pryor's green; I think he'd be more pro ready if we took him on the 17th and he spent the 2011 season learning the Bills offense and being coached up than a QB who we may or may not take in April 2012.

Not to mention, he could most likely be had for a 3rd at the most (i'm speculating, of course) while someone next year would probably cost more. With his growing up and playing in Pennsylvania, Buffalo won't be a culture or weather shock. With Gailey's love of mobile Quarterback's, I think this is honestly a great fit.

Now i'm sure you'll all reply "pass, he's an idiot" or something along those lines. But what of those very same people when the "Vick to Buffalo" rumors were going on? That's worked out pretty well so far for Phili.

I say; low risk potential high reward. If Terrelle Pryor became a Buffalo Bill, how would you feel?

In short...god, please no...

I suppose as a 3rd or later it might be worth a shot in hell, but from what I've heard he's not "expected" to go anywhere near that low.

IMO there are two QB's that could be available next year that look like NFL studs. Luck (not necessarily 1st), and Landry Jones. We should target one of them somehow. Unfortunately we should be picking around 10, meaning prepare yourselves for the next Whitner/Maybin/McKelvin/Spiller...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Before we signed Thigpen and especially Brad Smith to be our #3 it would have been an interest prospect. But now there is no room for a guy like Terrell Pryor on the Bills. He will end up as some teams developmental #3 QB who could come in and play some gadget or Wildcat formations to take advantage of his athleticism and the new #3 QB rules. He is a few years away from being a serious contender to play QB in this league, IMO.

In short...god, please no...

I suppose as a 3rd or later it might be worth a shot in hell, but from what I've heard he's not "expected" to go anywhere near that low.

IMO there are two QB's that could be available next year that look like NFL studs. Luck (not necessarily 1st), and Landry Jones. We should target one of them somehow. Unfortunately we should be picking around 10, meaning prepare yourselves for the next Whitner/Maybin/McKelvin/Spiller...

I'm glad you brought that up. I hear Rosenhaus is running around saying he'll go in the 1st. I think that's just plain rubbish. He's trying to create false interest like he THINKS he did with McGahee.

I don't think anyone with a brain in their head will take him any higher than the 3rd. Even with a 3rd, i'd be hesitant. I only mentioned a 3rd because I believe there will be a team without said brain that would do it there. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 4th and I think that's where most expect him to go.

We'll have the 3rd pick in the 4th Round. After how this years draft went, if he's still there; I think we should highly consider it.

just say no to Pryor.

As an tOSU fan if we use anything more than a 4th it would be a bad move. I don't think he can be an NFL QB so I wouldn't even use a 4th on him maybe a 5th. He isn't accurate with the football, feet are sloppy and has a hitch in his motion, while he is a good runner he doesn't make people miss much like Young did at Texas. So imo put in a 5th for him we don't get him o'well we can find a QB in the draft next year. Watch out for Ryan Tannehill from Texas A&M think he is going to end up a mid 1st-early 2nd. Hwas a WR at one point at A&M so he is mobile.

youtube.com/watch?v=gmT1MNwc5Fw

Tannehill is the man but I hope Fitz works out and we can draft the best LT.

I'm glad you brought that up. I hear Rosenhaus is running around saying he'll go in the 1st. I think that's just plain rubbish. He's trying to create false interest like he THINKS he did with McGahee.

I don't think anyone with a brain in their head will take him any higher than the 3rd. Even with a 3rd, i'd be hesitant. I only mentioned a 3rd because I believe there will be a team without said brain that would do it there. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 4th and I think that's where most expect him to go.

We'll have the 3rd pick in the 4th Round. After how this years draft went, if he's still there; I think we should highly consider it.

I think his draft ranking is going to be partially linked to how Cam Newton looks this year. If Cam looks good and shows signs of becoming the matchup problem he is supposed to be, then Pryor's stock will rise. Teams will start thinking that this is the "new" type of NFL QB. Guys with WR/RB athleticism that also have "good" arms (Newton can throw better than Pryor, and makes quicker decisions). Also known as the "Vick" type.

I think his draft ranking is going to be partially linked to how Cam Newton looks this year. If Cam looks good and shows signs of becoming the matchup problem he is supposed to be, then Pryor's stock will rise. Teams will start thinking that this is the "new" type of NFL QB. Guys with WR/RB athleticism that also have "good" arms (Newton can throw better than Pryor, and makes quicker decisions). Also known as the "Vick" type.

Unfortunately for him, he won't have that opportunity. The NFL Supplemental Draft that he will be partaking in is on August 17th; 8 days from now.

Unfortunately for him, he won't have that opportunity. The NFL Supplemental Draft that he will be partaking in is on August 17th; 8 days from now.

Embarrassingly I missed that. So whatever pick they use on the player they give up next year.

This idea makes a little more sense now. I'm skeptical that he will be eligible though.

I still don't see the Bills spending a 3 on him now. They have decent depth at QB, and he wouldn't really be able to participate in camp. I don't know if they would want to use a roster spot on him. Plus, that pick could be valuable if they enter the Luck/Landry sweepstakes next year...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I'd take him for a 6th round pick.

Who we REALLY NEED is this guy..

Mike Adams, OT If he is elligible,

If we don't get Pryor,next year you can look forward to me hyping up my fellow mountaineer, Geno Smith, QB WVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsvPiZAWZE&feature=channel_video_title

That is all from BuffalooByrd. GO BILLS

Edited by BuffalooByrd

I'd take him for a 6th round pick.

Who we REALLY NEED is this guy..

Mike Adams, OT If he is elligible,

If we don't get Pryor,next year you can look forward to me hyping up my fellow mountaineer, Geno Smith, QB WVU

Exactly...OT is BY FAR our biggest need right now, followed by OG, then OLB.

Exactly...OT is BY FAR our biggest need right now, followed by OG, then OLB.

This is inarguable.

But Mike Adams has made no indication that he's entering the NFL Supplemental Draft. Unlike Pryor (who knew he wasn't going to play another down in College Football), Adams has only a 5 game suspension in his Senior season. Most experts believe he's better served serving the suspension and then entering the draft next year. This is the most likely scenario. I would be surprised if within the next eight days, he throws his name in the hat.

True, O-Line and LB are our biggest needs. But to say that we don't need a young, (possibly) franchise QB is false. At the moment, all of our hopes are pinned on Fitz being good this year. But he's not our "Franchise QB" going forward right this second.

We were lampooned for the last two years for not getting ourselves a successor. I just think if we have a shot at a guy who has "Boom" potential at a position that's uncertain at best beyond this season; it's worth the possible (and some would say 'most likely) "Bust" at the cost of a 4th Rounder or lower.

I'm not saying that Pryor is a sure fire "Franchise QB". Certainly not now. But if he spends this year with us, that gives him an almost one year jump on whomever we'd draft next year. Not to mention, it would cost us nothing in comparison to the ransom we'd have to give up for a guy like Luck or Landry.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

We were lampooned for the last two years for not getting ourselves a successor. I just think if we have a shot at a guy who has "Boom" potential at a position that's uncertain at best beyond this season; it's worth the possible (and some would say 'most likely) "Bust" at the cost of a 4th Rounder or lower.

I'm not saying that Pryor is a sure fire "Franchise QB". Certainly not now. But if he spends this year with us, that gives him an almost one year jump on whomever we'd draft next year. Not to mention, it would cost us nothing in comparison to the ransom we'd have to give up for a guy like Luck or Landry.

Whose roster spot would he take? We have no room whatsoever for a #4 QB. We're going to have to cut a good WR and a good LB prospect, along with probably Jasper, and a solid ST teamer in Corto and either Corner or Justin Rodgers.

Whose roster spot would he take? We have no room whatsoever for a #4 QB. We're going to have to cut a good WR and a good LB prospect, along with probably Jasper, and a solid ST teamer in Corto and either Corner or Justin Rodgers.

Exactly, that was my point. Thigpen isn't going anywhere, and Smith might end up being the 3rd stringer...Or we could keep Levi. Either way, I don't see how we could use a spot on a high risk QB, that wont be here for training camp.

you get what you pay for...at least when you have good scouts... We have been going after these second tier guys for way too long now, I am ready to take a chance on someone that is supposed to be GREAT...not someone that MIGHT be ok...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

If you have a shot at a guy who you believe could develop into a good signal caller for you in the future; you find a spot.

Had we drafted someone in the 2011 NFL Draft (like many had projected), I assure you, we'd have still signed Brad Smith. Will Smith's official title be "QB"? Yes. But if anyone thinks he's really here because he'll be a QB for us, I think that's crazy. He should have his own spot on the roster under whichever category they wish. But he's thrown a total of 7 passes since coming into the league in 2006. Hell, he doesn't even wear a red jersey in practice.

He's an "X Factor" at many different positions for us. But he's only technically a QB.