to those wanting to change history....

SDS

because you can't go back and change the outcome of an event and expect everything else to follow as if the change didn't occur.

If Nate knocks that ball down and we win - our next week practice would have changed, etc... there is no telling how the season would have unfolded. A win in week one is just that - a win in week one. Maybe those loses were necessary for us to maintain this streak? Maybe we win week one, but lose today....

If we finish off the season at 10-6 and dont make the playoffs though, I dare anyone to say that it was a failure of a season. This season, even if it ended today, has been nothing but a success for the Bills in terms of the way they all turned it around. I dont think any team could have come together and dominated the way this team has.

If we finish off the season at 10-6 and dont make the playoffs though, I dare anyone to say that it was a failure of a season.  This season, even if it ended today, has been nothing but a success for the Bills in terms of the way they all turned it around.  I dont think any team could have come together and dominated the way this team has.

167737[/snapback]

I think ur my fav poster on this board lol

good optimism there man!

because you can't go back and change the outcome of an event and expect everything else to follow as if the change didn't occur.

If Nate knocks that ball down and we win - our next week practice would have changed, etc...  there is no telling how the season would have unfolded.  A win in week one is just that - a win in week one.  Maybe those loses were necessary for us to maintain this streak?  Maybe we win week one, but lose today....

167723[/snapback]

Totally agree, Scott. I will just cut and paste my response from a different thread:

"I am the biggest Nate Clements basher on this board, and there is ZERO excuse for him losing the game for the BIG BONEHEAD.

That said, we really, in all fairness, cannot assume that just because we lost that game that we can assume all other games would have played out as they did. If we were 1-3 instead of 0-4, perhaps we would not have regrouped like we did. Perhaps if we won the first we wouldnt have blown it in the second against Oakland. The point is only that we cannot look at the first game as a one play loss, even though it was, and then just assume the entire season would have played out the same. It simply wouldn't have."

I'm not, but I've seen the writing on the wall and don't like what I'm reading :doh:

167759[/snapback]

All we can do it take care of our own business and pray alot... :doh:

I fear we beat Pitt to give NE home field and miss out on the last wildcard spot to Jacksonville.....But I still have hope.

If Nate knocks that ball down and we win - our next week practice would have changed, etc...  there is no telling how the season would have unfolded.  A win in week one is just that - a win in week one.  Maybe those loses were necessary for us to maintain this streak?  Maybe we win week one, but lose today....

167723[/snapback]

That's a load of crap. We lost the next week so it's not like that loss made us fight harder for a win the next game. There is no way that opening week had any impact but to cost us a season. I felt it walking out of the Ralph that day ,,that one play was going to bite us in the arse in the end. And even though the Jags struggled along the way, that win in their back pocket is co*kblocking us out of a playoff spot. Plain and simple. Also, I feel that the decision to rush only 3 at Leftwich on that play was the killer decision, not Clements. BL was playing like crap that day and should never have been given a chance to sit comfortably in the pocket. :doh:

All we can do it take care of our own business and pray alot... :doh:

I fear we beat Pitt to give NE home field and miss out on the last wildcard spot to Jacksonville.....But I still have hope.

167761[/snapback]

Wouldn't that just be the kicker, to give NE home field and secure another SB for those douchebags. :doh:

That's a load of crap. We lost the next week so it's not like that loss made us fight harder for a win the next game. There is no way that opening week had any impact but to cost us a season. I felt it walking out of the Ralph that day ,,that one play was going to bite us in the arse in the end. And even though the Jags struggled along the way, that win in their back pocket is co*kblocking us out of a playoff spot. Plain and simple. Also, I feel that the decision to rush only 3 at Leftwich on that play was the killer decision, not Clements. BL was playing like crap that day and should never have been given a chance to sit comfortably in the pocket.  :doh:

167763[/snapback]

Thanks for missing the point. The point is that if the Bills won that game on the last play, or the Nate play, the practices the next week and the mindset and the effort and the gameplanning and the coaching and the EVERYTHING would have been slightly if not significantly different. So you cannot assume that everything else would have happened the same in the next 13 weeks.

Thanks for missing the point. The point is that if the Bills won that game on the last play, or the Nate play, the practices the next week and the mindset and the effort and the gameplanning and the coaching and the EVERYTHING would have been slightly if not significantly different. So you cannot assume that everything else would have happened the same in the next 13 weeks.

167774[/snapback]

the faulty line of reasoning usually happens within the game. 3 missed FG's and a dropped TD turns into 16 missed points. However, we know that we can only count one of those scores and the rest of the game would be different.

the faulty line of reasoning usually happens within the game.  3 missed FG's and a dropped TD turns into 16 missed points.  However, we know that we can only count one of those scores and the rest of the game would be different.

167791[/snapback]

It seems so obvious that this is an irrefutable fact, and even pretty astute football writers and fans consistently make the mistake of just assuming everything would have been the same, when, in fact, EVERYTHING would have been different.