Dareus...

McD

All,

Been pretty busy with things lately, and I haven't been up to speed with camp. I was curious if anyone has any info on Dareus? It seems pretty quiet regarding any info on our new "stud" DL. Any info would be great...

Everyone's saying all the right things. Kyle Williams has commented that Dareus is putting in the work (which has earned his respect). I think it will be fun to see some live action Saturday night in Chicago.

Due to the position he plays, even when the season starts it's going to be difficult to quantify his impact with stats etc. More of an eyeball test, which he seemingly has been passing in camp. Seems as though all of the camp reports I've read haev raved about the push the Dline as a whole is getting up front. Even Chan has said as much in his post practice interviews.

Due to the position he plays, even when the season starts it's going to be difficult to quantify his impact with stats etc. More of an eyeball test, which he seemingly has been passing in camp. Seems as though all of the camp reports I've read haev raved about the push the Dline as a whole is getting up front. Even Chan has said as much in his post practice interviews.

+1

While I expect Dareus to make an impact, I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be getting a ton of sacks and tackles...At least right away. I want to see him hold his ground and clog up running lanes, while occasionally blowing up the backfield. The D-line as whole supposedly has been looking pretty strong. While I have my doubts about Troup, he is supposedly in great shape. Carrington is now weighing in at 304, and Jasper is, well, HUGE...We certainly have bulk now.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

To be fair, though... the push is against the league's worst offensive line.

Yup, and that there is the problem. It's going to be tough to determine in practice whether our D is getting better, or if its just our junior varsity O-line imploding...

Wood & Levitre are the worst in the NFL?

PTR

Those two are solid IMO, especially Wood. But the rest of the o-line is looking like a horror show without Bell (who is only average). I think he was referring to the line as a whole. 2/5ths of a line won't cut it...

2 drafts dedicated to defensive linemen needs to start paying off soon, but Dareus is just one guy, and a rookie, so to expect to be amazed this year is unrealistic at best given where he will be playing. I have heard though that he has been hard to handle at times, and has been very disruptive. If he is going against wood, I will take that as a good sign he is doing well.

I expected nothing less from this board, lol...

Thanks for the responses!! Not expecting an "enormous" change, but at least a change from previous years versions...

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but perhaps the fans need to temper their expectations about Dareus. Or maybe said better, temper their expectations to see daily highlights on Sportscenter. If you go back to the draft debate about Dareus vs Fairley, the latter was a highlight reel, but the knock on him was inconsistent effort. That's not the case with Dareus, and if you search out a long Youtube clip of some of his fetaured Bama games, you won't find too many plays that will merit a Top 10 consideration. But you will find a guy who moves at every position on the DL and is a major PITA for the OLs to handle. Bills haven't had that kind of player since Fat Ted left.

Frankly I could care less that he doesn't produce highlight plays. Bills need players on that line that don't go backwards at the snap.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but perhaps the fans need to temper their expectations about Dareus. Or maybe said better, temper their expectations to see daily highlights on Sportscenter. If you go back to the draft debate about Dareus vs Fairley, the latter was a highlight reel, but the knock on him was inconsistent effort. That's not the case with Dareus, and if you search out a long Youtube clip of some of his fetaured Bama games, you won't find too many plays that will merit a Top 10 consideration. But you will find a guy who moves at every position on the DL and is a major PITA for the OLs to handle. Bills haven't had that kind of player since Fat Ted left.

Frankly I could care less that he doesn't produce highlight plays. Bills need players on that line that don't go backwards at the snap.

I concur. But I sure didn't want to hear he was a turnstile to date either. Just checking up...

To be fair, though... the push is against the league's worst offensive line.

Not THE worst ...but pretty damn close.....actually...on second thought....it might be the worst :wallbash:

Wood & Levitre are the worst in the NFL?

PTR

I think he was referring to the line as whole. Oh, you probably knew that though.