Here's my Training Camp Report and Photos from 8/4/2011

Sorry this is so late. It was a late practice last night and I had to work at my other job today. Just got done uploading the photos and writing the article a little while ago.

Michael

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday was the fifth day of camp and the first full pad practice and was the most physical practice this year, with quite a few hits. It was also the first practice for all the players that the Buffalo Bills signed in free agency or re-signed now that the CBA has been ratified. This included linebacker Nick Barnett, quarterbacks Tyler Thigpen and Brad Smith, along with cornerback Drayton Florence, tight end Scott Chandler, and long snapper Garrison Sanborn. The players worked on their individual drills, 7-on-7, passing drills, 11-on-11, lots of special teams work and a full field drill at the end of the day for the backup players.

As usual, the day started out with the players coming out of the locker room, one by one. Marcell Dareus got the biggest cheer of the night. The players came out did their stretching and went right to work on the individual drills. They did this for about 10 minutes or so and then worked on special teams, specifically punt returns while using the jugs machine. The main punt returners were Roscoe Parrish, CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin. Parrish wowed the crowd with a nice 20-yard return, showing his speed going down the field.

Following the special teams work, the team split the field in half. On one half, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen and Brad Smith were working with the wide receivers in a 3-on-3 passing drill against the cornerbacks. On the other side, Levi Brown and Josh Nesbitt worked with the tight ends and running backs against the safeties and linebackers in a 4-on-4 drill. I noted a couple key plays that drew some cheers from the crowd. The first one was a 25-yard pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Stevie Johnson, who made a nice sideline catch. He also found Johnson later on for a 20-yard catch in the red zone, and Stevie made a sweet one-handed grab. On the negative side, Tyler Thigpen threw a bad pass that was intercepted by Drayton Florence and returned for a touchdown.... CLICK FOR MORE:

Sorry this is so late. It was a late practice last night and I had to work at my other job today. Just got done uploading the photos and writing the article a little while ago.

Michael

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday was the fifth day of camp and the first full pad practice and was the most physical practice this year, with quite a few hits. It was also the first practice for all the players that the Buffalo Bills signed in free agency or re-signed now that the CBA has been ratified. This included linebacker Nick Barnett, quarterbacks Tyler Thigpen and Brad Smith, along with cornerback Drayton Florence, tight end Scott Chandler, and long snapper Garrison Sanborn. The players worked on their individual drills, 7-on-7, passing drills, 11-on-11, lots of special teams work and a full field drill at the end of the day for the backup players.

As usual, the day started out with the players coming out of the locker room, one by one. Marcell Dareus got the biggest cheer of the night. The players came out did their stretching and went right to work on the individual drills. They did this for about 10 minutes or so and then worked on special teams, specifically punt returns while using the jugs machine. The main punt returners were Roscoe Parrish, CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin. Parrish wowed the crowd with a nice 20-yard return, showing his speed going down the field.

Following the special teams work, the team split the field in half. On one half, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen and Brad Smith were working with the wide receivers in a 3-on-3 passing drill against the cornerbacks. On the other side, Levi Brown and Josh Nesbitt worked with the tight ends and running backs against the safeties and linebackers in a 4-on-4 drill. I noted a couple key plays that drew some cheers from the crowd. The first one was a 25-yard pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Stevie Johnson, who made a nice sideline catch. He also found Johnson later on for a 20-yard catch in the red zone, and Stevie made a sweet one-handed grab. On the negative side, Tyler Thigpen threw a bad pass that was intercepted by Drayton Florence and returned for a touchdown.... CLICK FOR MORE:

Good job. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Intrigued with the Maybin observation. Still a big skeptic about him and his ability to even make the roster. Having a grain of hope about him is better than none at all.

I'm a big skeptic too. I am almost ready to call him a bust, but still...maybe they are going to finally use him the right way. I never understood why they had him at the line on all 4s. He makes a lot more sense when he's standing up straight at the line and ready to rush the QB.

I'm a big skeptic too. I am almost ready to call him a bust, but still...maybe they are going to finally use him the right way. I never understood why they had him at the line on all 4s. He makes a lot more sense when he's standing up straight at the line and ready to rush the QB.

I can't imagine that they haven't tried this before, but didn't work out.

He might be useful as a pass rusher with fresh legs,in the event the Bills have a 3 touchdown lead, with 4 minutes on the clock in the 4th quarter, against a team passing every down, with a worn out O-line, where Maybin can run real fast at the QB unencumbered.

Excellent job as usual!! I've noticed a lot of runs that break for good yardage on the right. Eric Pears must be coming along well?

How is the o line looking as a whole? What do you think?

Pass blocking is alright...it's kinda tough to tell as they arent going full force yet. They run a lot on the right side and they are getting good yardage each time. Pears is doing well at RT. Not so sure about Urbik though.

I can't imagine that they haven't tried this before, but didn't work out.

He might be useful as a pass rusher with fresh legs,in the event the Bills have a 3 touchdown lead, with 4 minutes on the clock in the 4th quarter, against a team passing every down, with a worn out O-line, where Maybin can run real fast at the QB unencumbered.

I don't remember him standing up last year. He might be useful like that. Garbage time pass rusher...lol!

:worthy::worthy: THANKS SO SO MUCH!!!!

I spent the day on the road in the Philadelphia area and their sports talk stations broadcast all day from the Eagles training camp. Their hosts get insight into what's going on with the Eagles and listeners benefit from interviews with players, coaches, front office types, and print media journalists. If only GR had a program director who cared enough ...