The Lack of addressing the TE position

Think of all the teams that have been towards the upper echelon in the NFL over the past DECADE and in just about every scenario, the TE position was one that was a threat in the passing game.

Why oh why do the Buffalo Bills REFUSE to address this position, either via FA or the NFL Draft?

Granted, they did take Kevin Everett in one draft and it didn't work out unfortunately, an I know the Chan apologists will argue that the Tight End is not a focal point, but based on watching every other successful organization have legit threats and the TE position, does it ever dawn on ANYONE at OBD that this offense is NOT the way to go if you want to get to the top?

I have some optimism for the season regarding the draft picks sure...and could things turn around? Absolutely...but this team right now is SO incredibly irrelevant on the NFL circles on TV shows, radio shows, media, you name it...it is absolutely disgusting.

I guess the basic moral of the story is: My expectations for this franchise have widdled away for good, why expect if Ralph's cronies will not change their ways?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was Green Bay's TE after Week 4 last year?

and in just about every scenario

Not all teams have to utilize the TE position or is important in their offensive scheme. Get over it.

Sure, Ill get over it as long as you get over the fact the Bills are the worst organization in the NFL.

and in just about every scenario

Sure, Ill get over it as long as you get over the fact the Bills are the worst organization in the NFL.

Really the worst? Worse than the Bengals, Dolphins, and the Redskins?

Interesting.

Go cry me a river

For much of this past decade, our TE has been too busy trying to cover up the QB + OL's collective pocket deficiencies instead of running out to catch a pass. No elite free agent TE would dare come here until the QB/RG/RT position uncertainties get resolved. If Fitzgibbons, Urbik, and Pears improve, then you will start to see the receiving numbers of our TE's go up.

As just mentioned - I think it might be primarily a matter of our TE's needing to stay in to protect right now, due to our inexperienced, or unproven, O-line. If we had either a really decent O-line or a TE who was really good at both, they might go after him (although Zack Miller was good at both - I just think they see the line as needing fixed before they add that element). Gailey has said as much, that he wants a TE who can do both well, and that they don't come around too often. As it is, I see TE the last position we strengthen, unless one falls in our lap.

Really the worst? Worse than the Bengals, Dolphins, and the Redskins?

Interesting.

Go cry me a river

Dolphins and Redskins have Super Bowls and have the financial backing and will get it right sooner then the Bills will.

Ok the Bengals? We are tied for last! YES!!!...give yourself a pat on the back! :rolleyes:

Edited by Cornerville

Dolphins and Redskins have Super Bowls and have the financial backing and will get it right sooner then the Bills will.

Ok the Bengals? We are tired for last...give yourself a pat on the back! :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Dolphins and Redskins are model franchises. :lol:

PTR

Ok the Bengals? We are tied for last! YES!!!...give yourself a pat on the back! :rolleyes:

The present Redskins are a complete mess. Owner is an asshat. Bills went to 4 Super Bowls way back when. Dolphins will be fine long term.

For what it's worth, we haven't been the worst team in the league in a very long time. We have been to more and been more sucessful in the playoffs than many teams and actually been to superbowls unlike many other teams. At this point I'd have to say that the Texans, Jags, and Panthers are all worse and have been that way forever. Houston has never made the playoffs and the Jags and Pa there are few and far between. Then there's the Browns, Bengals, Falcons, Seahawks, Detroit that have never been to or won a superbowl just like the Bills. Your far off my friend. Just go route for another team it will be appreciated.

Jesus where to start

- The Dolphins not that long ago almost lost every game of their season (by the way...who is the TE for the dolphins?)

- The Redskins spend tons of money....bring in free agents right and left.....and still are either picking right in front of us or right after us in the draft

- This is the thing....its all about how Chan views what he wants out of the tight end position....I think he values a blocking tight end over a pass catching one because of what he likes to do with his wide receivers (if you notice....the wide outs that are here during the Gailey era are all 6' 200 pound plus guys (minus Evans and Parrish who were already here)

- Chandler appears to be Gailey's guy...and he looked pretty good in practice last night....looked like a Clydsdale horse out there but has sure hands and runs a 4.8 at 270 ish pounds

Lets just see how this works out. Chandler is like having an extra offensive linemen on the field

Why oh why do the Buffalo Bills REFUSE to address this position, either via FA or the NFL Draft?

Dude, not to be harsh on you, but you do know that the Bills tight ends currently on the roster have come through FA and the NFL draft?

This is a tiresome criticism because it overlooks the necessity for the Bills to keep the TE in to protect the QB, the direct result of a horrible line for most of the past decade. That has meant the priority was on blocking not receiving. An improvemed will free up the TE position to be more involved in receiving.

BTW, Nixley seems very high on Chandler. And Nelson is supposed to have it all. Maybe that's why the FO wasn't running around overpaying for a TE that other teams saw fit to release? It could be that the "answer" at TE is already on the roster. I'm willing to trust that Buddy and Chan have a far better idea of what they're doing and what they need right now than I do. How about you?

I get the pessimist label sometimes, but this is just off.

If you hate the Bills so much, and consider them the worst franchise ever, why watch?

Dude, not to be harsh on you, but you do know that the Bills tight ends currently on the roster have come through FA and the NFL draft?

Haha, +1.

Miller would have been nice, but other than that no one really stands out to me, including Boss. So I guess everyone is abandoning ship on Nelson huh?

Edited by Turbosrrgood