Pats cut Ty Warren

NewEra

Its a shame that we wont go after Warren or Kazcur. Both are solid players, and both could help us in the locker room as leaders, and also with game planning for the Pats. Everyone forgets that Ty Warren was a big time leader and a huge character guy for the Pats in 2008 and 2009 before going on IR last season. He was the reason that Richard Seymour became expendable for New England. Obviously we have no interest in him, and vice versa but damn this would have been a nice nice pickup. He has played 3-4 end his whole career. Fun to think about Dareus, Warren, and Kyle Williams on a defensive line. That would actually be scary. Although if anyone got past those 3 we are screwed behind them. Im still holding out hope for Kazcur.

This board is obsessed with name guys, no matter how old or how slow or how injured they are.

Why you'd want to drop money on a 30 year old defensive lineman with a bum hip eludes me.

Its a shame that we wont go after Warren or Kazcur. Both are solid players, and both could help us in the locker room as leaders, and also with game planning for the Pats. Everyone forgets that Ty Warren was a big time leader and a huge character guy for the Pats in 2008 and 2009 before going on IR last season. He was the reason that Richard Seymour became expendable for New England. Obviously we have no interest in him, and vice versa but damn this would have been a nice nice pickup. He has played 3-4 end his whole career. Fun to think about Dareus, Warren, and Kyle Williams on a defensive line. That would actually be scary. Although if anyone got past those 3 we are screwed behind them. Im still holding out hope for Kazcur.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Kaczur (as mentioned in my post above), but a leader? Really? Leading the team in drug abuse?

I don't know that Banta-Cain is a "monster." Tully was an overachiever who exceeded expectations in NE. Unfortunately, many Pats fans kept increasing their expectations for him. He went from a very good sub package player to a sub-par starter according to most fans, despite leading the team in tackles. He was released in part to save salary, and in part because of injury.

Important to note: Banta-Cain recently underwent surgery for a sports hernia which he knew about all summer, but put off until right as the lockout ended. Rumor is BB was pissed (and was pissed at Ty Warren for pulling a similar stunt last summer), and it was the final straw. The result of the surgery is that he probably can't even participate on a football field for 4 more weeks.