Are the Bills targeting Nick Barnett

Dont have a link or anything like that....just speculation

- Successfull cold weather 3-4 linebacker

- Nix made a comment in his radio interview this morning talking about how "there are players out there that are going to be available but are not yet" Im paraphrasing there

It makes sense.....and Nick Barnett was older is a LEGIT 3-4 linebacker....If we can get him we can start Barnett/Davis in the middle and bring Kelvin on slowly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have a link or anything like that....just speculation

- Successfull cold weather 3-4 linebacker

- Nix made a comment in his radio interview this morning talking about how "there are players out there that are going to be available but are not yet" Im paraphrasing there

It makes sense.....and Nick Barnett was older is a LEGIT 3-4 linebacker....If we can get him we can start Barnett/Davis in the middle and bring Kelvin on slowly

Been saying this is the move even before Poz left....He's a better player than Poz and from a winning program. The only concern is the injury history. Make the deal Buddy before he has options after being released from GB!!!

Don't know much about him but sounds like he had a pretty solid year last year......94 tackles, sacks, 2 FF, 2 ints and a TD. I think this could be a solid pick up.

Edited by Stl Bills

Link...........

http://boltbeat.com/2011/07/25/the-chargers-should-____________-post-nfl-lockout/

The key un-restricted free agents on the Bolts are safety Eric Weddle; line backer Kevin Burnett and Stephen Cooper, and wide receiver Malcolm Floyd. All four players played key roles for the team last year. Weddle, Burnett, and Cooper helped anchor a much improved defense that ranked #1 overall.

The Chargers next priority should be attempting to retain Kevin Burnett. Burnett racked in 95 total tackles, only 1 off the team lead. He is known for his ability to help clog up the run and read defenses well. However, Burnett can get around the edge and get sacks, he had 6 last year. The linebacker need is glaring for the Chargers; I would expect him to fill that need nicely. As bad as they do need Burnett, makes the need for teammate Stephen Cooper much less.

So wait he's good against the run and at rushing the passer from inside? Sounds better by the second. Sign this guy.

Link...........

http://boltbeat.com/2011/07/25/the-chargers-should-____________-post-nfl-lockout/

So wait he's good against the run and at rushing the passer from inside? Sounds better by the second. Sign this guy.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the link!

Definitely worth more than the new Jacksonville MLB ... so if we can get him for less we are ahead of the game. Sounds like the BOLTS will also be in this race but with Buddy and Merriman's SD connections we just might get this done.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN, BUDDY!!

Signing Burnett would make me feel much better about losing our leading tackler and starting ILB overpaid and overrated ILB who never accomplished jack while he was in Buffalo.

Edited for u. You can thank me later bruh. :thumbsup:

Fwiw, Someone sent this tweet to merriman, and he retweeted himself on his twitter:

@Davejr51179: @shawnemerriman We lost Poz to the Jags. It's time to give a call to your boys in SD (Cooper, Siler and Burnett) and get them to Buffalo.

might be a sign that he might try to influence some. and with buddy's influence, it might be possible. Would be even cooler if we signed two of them.

He wasnt our leading tackler?

He wasnt a starter?

ooh yea you're right. 100% right. I was mistaken. He was our leading tackler and a starter on one of the worst defenses in the league. Lets give him a medal.

Give me someone who has half his tackles and more game changing ability and I'll take that any day. Quality over quantity. But obviously you don't understand that concept bruh.

ooh yea you're right. 100% right. I was mistaken. He was our leading tackler and a starter on one of the worst defenses in the league. Lets give him a medal.

Poz makes better tackles than you make jokes, that's for sure. Your post STILL makes no sense, no matter how you spin it.

And if they do sign burnett, that would be awesome. Instant upgrade over poz.