Bills vs Giants in The Meadowlands

tommy12

I was just curious as to will be going and what the environment is like for anyone that has gone there. This will be my first NFL road game away from Buffalo as my friends and I just signed up for a bus trip for this game. Just wanted a heads up as to what to expect in Jersey. Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

total insanity. its like the ralph but more fighty. if you wear bills stuff make sure you bring something to cover it up after the bills win, and make sure you walk out with giants fan friends. lots of cool people in ny but the arseholes are dang-er-ous

dont take that first comment too seriously. its fun, fans talk trash, but you're not in any immediate danger. i live in jersey and have seen many jets/giants game at the meadowlands. i've seen plenty of bills wins there, you'll be fine

The Meadowlands is ehh. I go to Bills@Jets game basically every year since about 93/94. To be honest with you you'd actually be surprised at the # of Bills fans who show up there. A few even recent times it's been a good 70/30 sometimes 60/40 split of Jets to Bills Fans. I've never had problems wearing Bills gear there, I assume Giants fans won't even care.

Plus too the new Meadow-lands Stadium has a much more subdued fan base due to the fact that the seats are much more expensive (As well as the PSL's they had to pay for them). The old Giants stadium I saw a couple of Bills vs Jets games and the fans were rabid but not violent. They will trash talk but its not as crazy as Philly or anything like that.

Saw a Giants game (Giants Jags) this year with a friend who had extra tickets from his girlfriends family (Wish he still dated that girl her family had good seats they didn't use half the time) and it was still a somewhat passionate fan base however it didn't quite have the bite as other Giants and Jets games I have seen there.

I was just curious as to will be going and what the environment is like for anyone that has gone there. This will be my first NFL road game away from Buffalo as my friends and I just signed up for a bus trip for this game. Just wanted a heads up as to what to expect in Jersey. Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

Also Giants fans don't hate the bills the Bills have been irrelevant for so long no one besides the Fins, Jets, and Pats* really have any animosity towards the Bills.

Ive been going to the bills jets games down in the meadowlands for the past few years seeing im from pougkeepsie which is about 45 minutes away compared to 5 to buffalo. Ive only had one bad experience there and it basically proved jets fans are nothing but bandwagon/fair weather fans. Giants fans are alot more classier, and its not a division rival. Ill be at all the home games, and get to go to 2 away games in the meadowlands this year which is great, let me know when it gets closer, i plan on getting a bunch of people together for tailgating and such.( Its always good to go with some giants/ or jets fans).

I live in Jersey and have been a Giants season ticket holder for 20 years. I also have Bills seasons tickets and make it to the Ralph a few times every season. The Meadowlands use to be pretty tame for the Giants, but it has picked it up the past few years. 95% of the fans are great and love the Giants. The other 5% are the A** you find anywhere. Bust a few chops, give a guy a beer and you will be fine. Tailgating seen is also pretty good. Act like a good house guest and they will welcome you to their home. Enjoy!!

oops. the entire time i was typing that i was thinking jets. ive been to both giants and jets games there and the jets fans are indeed far more aggressive. id still be careful, but giants games tend to be a lot less fighty than jets

I actually live exactly two miles from the Stadium but havent seen a game in the new stadium. My experiences in years past were that Giants fans are generally not that bad. There are unruly ones as there is in any stadium however its the jets fans that are pretty bad. I used to go to the Bills jets game every year but stopped after it became not worth it to deal with the jets fans......

I also live in NJ, about 15 minutes from the stadium. Giants and Jets fans are like night and day. For the most part, jets fans are trashy scumbags who have the little brother complex about being new york's "other" team. Giants fans are just ball busters, but they are generally a classier bunch. You'll have a good safe time im sure.

I've heard from several people who've been there that the Jets fans are much worse than the Giants fans as far as being drunk, obnoxious a-holes.

That has been my experience. I have been to the Meadowlands for 6 Bills/Jets games...but I have only seen the Giants twice, once a MNF game against the 49ers, the other against the Eagles. Giants fans seem to appreciate the game a bit more.

Maybe just a broad generalization.

I was just emailing back and forth with a buddy of mine in NY, I am going to make plans to go to the Giants game...just so happens to be the same weekend that one of my current favorite bands is playing in town on Friday (14th)...Bills game on Sunday(16th), an then off to Buffalo Monday, for my moms 80th birthday(17th). Looking forward to it. I lived in NYC back in the late 80's, early 90's...kind of have a love/hate thing for the place. I haven't been back to NYC as much in the last 10 years.

What I am wondering, how hard, and how expensive are tickets for the game, at this point. When I went to the Giants/49ers game, in 1991, we scalped tickets for about $200 each...and that was an "epic", hyped match-up....that sounds cheap by todays standards.

Edited by Buftex

giants fans seemed more tame than the jets fans

+1

Jet fans want to be an Oakland-style black hole. Giant fans don't. It's probably a self-esteem issue.

For the most part, jets fans are trashy scumbags who have the little brother complex about being new york's "other" team. Giants fans are just ball busters, but they are generally a classier bunch.

+1 We're all saying the same things, I think.

Edited by Ennjay

total insanity. its like the ralph but more fighty. if you wear bills stuff make sure you bring something to cover it up after the bills win, and make sure you walk out with giants fan friends. lots of cool people in ny but the arseholes are dang-er-ous

huh?

I've been to 5 games at the Meadownlands. 4 Jets vs Bills and 1 Giants game. Every time wore a Bills jersey, and NEVER have I ever had a problem with their fans. You must've acted up and been a jerk or something at the game.

As long as you're respectful and don't act up, you'll be fine.

Wear your team colors proudly and be respectful.

Yah no idea what meathead is talking about. Your average Giants fan who goes to the games has been a season tix holder for 25 yrs and despises night games because he's really old.

You musta missed this.

oops. the entire time i was typing that i was thinking jets. ive been to both giants and jets games there and the jets fans are indeed far more aggressive. id still be careful, but giants games tend to be a lot less fighty than jets