2nd Year Rookies ?

CSBill

2nd Year Rookies: Biggest Impact?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. As you know, the Bills lost several draft picks last year to early injuries. . . . Which 2nd year player that did not play last year, will make the biggest contribution this season?

• Danny Batton - LB
    • Marcus Easley ? WR
    • Ed Wang - OT
    • All of the above will make average, but not big, contributuons
    • None of them, collectively they will not do much

As you know, the Bills lost several draft picks last year to early injuries. Although painful at the time (no pun intended), the good news is these are essentially like draft picks this year, but with a year of study and acclamation under their belt. So, it got me to thinking: Which 2nd year player that did not play last year, will make the biggest contribution this season?

Danny Batton - LB

Marcus Easley – WR

Ed Wang - OT

I think Easley is the obvious choice, but I have a good feeling about Wang cracking the starting line-up.

Edited by CSBill

I understand the premise of your poll.

Just want to point out that the Bills roster is full of guys going into their 2nd year, many of whom will contribute.

In addition to the guys you listed, other 2nd year players who only played part of the season last year include Arthur Moats, Antonio Coleman, Naaman Roosevelt, Donald Jones, David Nelson, Alex Carrington, and Torrell Troup.

And of course, CJ Spiller and Levi Brown are members of the class of 2010 who are still on the roster and played sparingly last year.

I understand the premise of your poll.

Just want to point out that the Bills roster is full of guys going into their 2nd year, many of whom will contribute.

In addition to the guys you listed, other 2nd year players who only played part of the season last year include Arthur Moats, Antonio Coleman, Naaman Roosevelt, Donald Jones, David Nelson, Alex Carrington, and Torrell Troup.

And of course, CJ Spiller and Levi Brown are members of the class of 2010 who are still on the roster and played sparingly last year.

"As you know, the Bills lost several draft picks last year to early injuries. . . . Which 2nd year player that did not play last year, will make the biggest contribution this season?"

I MET EASLEY FEW WEEKS BACKS , DIDNT MENTION I WAS BILLS FAN ,,THE GUY IS TOTALLY AT EASE WITH FITZ LIKES THE CITY ,,FEELS THE WR CORP IS GOING TO BE GREAT COMO OF SKILLS,, INTERESTING TO TALK TO AND PHYSICALLY LOOKS ALMOST FREAKISH,, ,KINDA WEIRD BUT WHEN I MET ANOTHER BILLS RECEIVER YEARS AGO THOUGHT THE SAME THING... LETS SEE HIS NAME WAS .. OH YEAH ANDRE REED.. :thumbsup:

WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT BATTAN IS HES TIRELESS,DEDICATED,AND HUNGRY,, ANOTHER GREAT COMBO .KEEP A EYE ON HIM TO SUCCEED !

I MET EASLEY FEW WEEKS BACKS , DIDNT MENTION I WAS BILLS FAN ,,THE GUY IS TOTALLY AT EASE WITH FITZ LIKES THE CITY ,,FEELS THE WR CORP IS GOING TO BE GREAT COMO OF SKILLS,, INTERESTING TO TALK TO AND PHYSICALLY LOOKS ALMOST FREAKISH,, ,KINDA WEIRD BUT WHEN I MET ANOTHER BILLS RECEIVER YEARS AGO THOUGHT THE SAME THING... LETS SEE HIS NAME WAS .. OH YEAH ANDRE REED.. :thumbsup:

WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD ABOUT BATTAN IS HES TIRELESS,DEDICATED,AND HUNGRY,, ANOTHER GREAT COMBO .KEEP A EYE ON HIM TO SUCCEED !

youtube.com/watch?v=fCVHpnixj88

Only good part that idiot has ever played. Very funny clip

as far as the topic of who we think will have the most impact, I'm gonna say Batten. I would love to see Easley become a huge impact immediately but I think with Evans on this team his playing time will suffer. Easley has all the speed and size to become a #1 WR in this league (unlike other WRs on this team that don't warrant being called #1 wrs, but I don't wanna name any names).

But I feel that we are already short at LB unlike the overloaded WR position and I think Batten will not only play immediately, but will start from day 1.

Merriman

Batten

Shephard

Moats

and Im ok with that starting lineup at LB.

Only good part that idiot has ever played. Very funny clip

as far as the topic of who we think will have the most impact, I'm gonna say Batten. I would love to see Easley become a huge impact immediately but I think with Evans on this team his playing time will suffer. Easley has all the speed and size to become a #1 WR in this league (unlike other WRs on this team that don't warrant being called #1 wrs, but I don't wanna name any names).

But I feel that we are already short at LB unlike the overloaded WR position and I think Batten will not only play immediately, but will start from day 1.

Merriman

Batten

Shephard

Moats

and Im ok with that starting lineup at LB.

Damn the poz hatred!!!!!!

Are you on crack?

Edited by Defend Greece

I thought I remember reading that Batten was initially planned on being converted to ILB, but that the team now sees him as an OLB prospect. I'd love to see him on the inside, though, because if he has the speed and quickness to get to the QB off the edge, then I think we could count on him covering TE's, not to mention I'd like to see our ILB's hitting their gaps a little quicker and with more accuracy.

I thought I remember reading that Batten was initially planned on being converted to ILB, but that the team now sees him as an OLB prospect. I'd love to see him on the inside, though, because if he has the speed and quickness to get to the QB off the edge, then I think we could count on him covering TE's, not to mention I'd like to see our ILB's hitting their gaps a little quicker and with more accuracy.

Their drafting 2 ILBs has likely moved him outside.

"With two inside backers in this draft, people ask me what it means for someone like Danny Batten," Nix commented to Clark Judge post-draft. "Well, it's a possibility that Danny stay outside. Danny is 6-3 and 255, and he can play inside or out. When you go to a 3-4 scheme, you do a lot of projecting of guys in college who are edge rushers and had their hands on the ground. Danny has adjusted very well to standing up, and we think he has a bright future in either place, but his place could be outside now."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/5/6/2156991/danny-batten-buffalo-bills-olb-nfl-draft Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I follow Ed Wang on Twitter and he likes to play video games, not even Madden.

He seems immature and not dedicated to football. I lost hope of him ever contributing, and certaintly not at RT.

I do have hope for Easley and Batten.

Easely has almost been too hyped in Bills circles. I'm worried that he is doomed to dissapoin; Still hopeful he contributes though.

I follow Ed Wang on Twitter and he likes to play video games, not even Madden.

He seems immature and not dedicated to football. I lost hope of him ever contributing, and certaintly not at RT.

I do have hope for Easley and Batten.

Easely has almost been too hyped in Bills circles. I'm worried that he is doomed to dissapoin; Still hopeful he contributes though.

my father in law plays call of duty with me and he is incharge of the hospital here and 700 employees so does that make him immature? Dwight freeney plays call of duty with me too