Damn that right-wing conspiracy

http://news.yahoo.com/dem-gov-win-2012-gop-wants-hurt-economy-180813724.html

"I think that there is an extreme wing within their party who have as their primary goal not the jobs recovery, but the defeat of President Obama in 2012," O'Malley said in an interview. "They know that their formulations, their policies of less revenues and less regulation badly failed our country and plunged us into this recession. So their only way of evening the playing field is to keep the president from being successful in the jobs recovery."

http://news.yahoo.com/dem-gov-win-2012-gop-wants-hurt-economy-180813724.html

"I think that there is an extreme wing within their party who have as their primary goal not the jobs recovery, but the defeat of President Obama in 2012," O'Malley said in an interview. "They know that their formulations, their policies of less revenues and less regulation badly failed our country and plunged us into this recession. So their only way of evening the playing field is to keep the president from being successful in the jobs recovery."

It might be pathetic, but, you know, when the Republican Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell is on record, more than once, as saying that "my number one priority is to insure that Barack Obama is not re-elected in 2012"...and also goes on to say, if Obama was a Republican, he wouldn't be getting too much resistance from the Republican party about Libya, you do have to wonder.

It might be pathetic, but, you know, when the Republican Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell is on record, more than once, as saying that "my number one priority is to insure that Barack Obama is not re-elected in 2012"...and also goes on to say, if Obama was a Republican, he wouldn't be getting too much resistance from the Republican party about Libya, you do have to wonder.

Oh, please. Democrats had full control of the House, the Senate AND the WH for two freaking years and things are considerably more crappy right now than anyone either promised or would have imagined. To suggest the right -- for the past six months -- is doing anything to make it worse is laughable.

Wasserman-Shultz even said it; it's the Democrat's economy. Maybe things wouldn't be in such bad shape if someone on the left, y'know, put together a budget in the past 800-plus days.

But no. It's the extreme right wing.

Jesus.

Best thing about O'Malley is a governor is that he spends enough time !@#$ing around in national politics that he doesn't have much opportunity to !@#$ up the state of Maryland.

That story is so much pandering...it amounts to nothing more than "the politicians are acting political!"

Seems like a good cause to me. And they vote along party lines? Shocking. Must be a vast right wing conspiracy all right.

So, we agree then? :thumbsup:

No. I don't wonder at all that he would be getting less heat from Republicans on Libya if he was a Republican. Thats to be expected.

What I do wonder about is your implied thought that McConnell by wishing to replace Obama is directing a conspiracy to intentionally tank the country to achieve that end. OB is doing very well on his own and yes my number one priority would also be to replace him.

Start at the top. Makes sense to me.

No. I don't wonder at all that he would be getting less heat from Republicans on Libya if he was a Republican. Thats to be expected.

Not to mention, if Obama was a Republican, the left would be screaming at the top of their lungs about the war monger freak who used his private hit squad to take out an unarmed Bin Laden while whining about starting an unnecessary war against an oil producer like Libya to benefit his Big Oil buddies.

But apparently only Republicans behave this way. Liberals are always true to their beliefs. :lol:

Not to mention, if Obama was a Republican, the left would be screaming at the top of their lungs about the war monger freak who used his private hit squad to take out an unarmed Bin Laden while whining about starting an unnecessary war against an oil producer like Libya to benefit his Big Oil buddies.

But apparently only Republicans behave this way. Liberals are always true to their beliefs. :lol:

As we STILL wait for that Iraq oil bonanza to benefit US oil company's. left attention span< one day.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

What I do wonder about is your implied thought that McConnell by wishing to replace Obama is directing a conspiracy to intentionally tank the country to achieve that end. OB is doing very well on his own and yes my number one priority would also be to replace him.

Start at the top. Makes sense to me.

Well...to say that your "first goal is to make sure" that somebody else doesn't get elected, is, to me, a pretty miserable thing to say, particularly in the context that it has been said. McConnell makes me think that working to strengthening the economy, right now, is not a priority to him. So, yeah, it does sound a little conspiratorial. And, it is a about as cynical, and unpatriotic an attitude than anyone can take to a negotiating table. The president, no matter who he is, whatever affiliation, has many more people to answer to than a single element, of a single political party. John Boehner repeats, over and over again, as if trying to convince himself, that that "American people" do not want tax increases...which, every poll shows, is not really true. People realize we are !@#$ed, and are willing to pay more...but it has to come from everyone. Nobody should be exempt from paying something.

The Bush tax cuts, which Obama foolishly extended once, have not helped to create jobs...the notion that those who benefit from the tax cuts are somehow inherently "job creators" is just simply not true. The president has been willing to put everything on the table, to bring the debt down, but Republicans (maybe because they are so worried about the pledges that they love to sign) won't even talk about closing tax loopholes.

It is true, this is the Democrats economy, because we have a Democrat in the White House. But, it is crazy to think that this debt didn't spiraling out of control long before Obama took office. If the Republicans don't want to be associated with this economy, great...let them continue to stonewall, and let it get worse...it will be theirs soon enough...and two years from now, the right will be crying about the debt that Michelle Bachmann inherited from Obama... :thumbdown:

Edited by Buftex

Yes, the hypocrisy is abundant, isn't it? Funny then, that most of the folks who post here love to point it out...take a look at some of the threads here...the first lady is a "fat B word" according to one of our illustrious posters, because she ate a cheeseburger and a shake while urging kids to watch what they eat...point out something that is hypocritical of a pet issue or personality from the right, and you are a simpleton who "just doesn't get it."

Well...to say that your "first goal is to make sure" that somebody else doesn't get elected, is, to me, a pretty miserable thing to say, particularly in the context that it has been said. McConnell makes me think that working to strengthening the economy, right now, is not a priority to him. So, yeah, it does sound a little conspiratorial. And, it is a about as cynical, and unpatriotic an attitude than anyone can take to a negotiating table. The president, no matter who he is, whatever affiliation, has many more people to answer to than a single element, of a single political party. John Boner repeats, over and over again, as if trying to convince himself, that that "American people" do not want tax increases...which, every poll shows, is not really true. People realize we are !@#$ed, and are willing to pay more...but it has to come from everyone. Nobody should be exempt from paying something.

The Bush tax cuts, which ABM foolishly extended once, have not helped to create jobs...the notion that those who benefit from the tax cuts are somehow inherently "job creators" is just simply not true. The president has been willing to put everything on the table, to bring the debt down, but Republicans (maybe because they are so worried about the pledges that they love to sign) won't even talk about closing tax loopholes.

It is true, this is the Democrats economy, because we have a Democrat in the White House. But, it is crazy to think that this debt didn't spiraling out of control long before ABM took office. If the Republicans don't want to be associated with this economy, great...let them continue to stonewall, and let it get worse...it will be theirs soon enough...and two years from now, the right will be crying about the debt that Michelle Bushman inherited from Obama... :thumb down:

Ah the old "I inherited 8 years of mismanagement" line. Code break- It's all Bush. Well he has 4 years, and it goes beyond taxes. The economy is in a large part driven by confidence in the future, and this joke of a "president" is killing that.

Look you scored big time. Class B Illinois hack elected president. Now go away and let someone who cares run the country.

Ah the old "I inherited 8 years of mismanagement" line. Code break- It's all Bush. Well he has 4 years, and it goes beyond taxes. The economy is in a large part driven by confidence in the future, and this joke of a "president" is killing that.

Look you scored big time. Class B Illinois hack elected president. Now go away and let someone who cares run the country.

Your right, Bush had nothing to do with this mess. Everything was in terrific shape when he left office...there was a job explosion, and we had a huge surplus of cash...

It is looking like the Republican party is rustling up a whole bunch of terrific alternatives. And, since you really didn't read what I wrote, I am not suggesting it is all taxes, and I don't think anyone is. Whatever...there is no point in really discussing anything here...but like I said, should one of these dolts that the Republicans are banking on to get into the White House, how much time do you suggest we give them, before they are are to blame for everything?

You don't like that part of the argument, because it is pretty indisputable. It may not be right for the President or his people to bring it up, but it takes brass balls, like McConnell apparently has, to pretend you and your constituents had nothing to do with it.

btw- if Obama (love your "funny" ABM) is class B, what class are the Republican challengers?

Edited by Buftex

Oh, please. Democrats had full control of the House, the Senate AND the WH for two freaking years and things are considerably more crappy right now than anyone either promised or would have imagined. To suggest the right -- for the past six months -- is doing anything to make it worse is laughable.

Wasserman-Shultz even said it; it's the Democrat's economy. Maybe things wouldn't be in such bad shape if someone on the left, y'know, put together a budget in the past 800-plus days.

But no. It's the extreme right wing.

Jesus.

I guess you're forgetting about the filibustering and constant threats of that as well. The Dems also paid way to much attention to the disaster, death panel, etc media blasts that the Republicans put out there. Funny thing is the Republicans gained the house by promising jobs and have yet to deliver anything close.

Your right, Bush had nothing to do with this mess. Everything was in terrific shape when he left office...there was a job explosion, and we had a huge surplus of cash...

It is looking like the Republican party is rustling up a whole bunch of terrific alternatives. And, since you really didn't read what I wrote, I am not suggesting it is all taxes, and I don't think anyone is. Whatever...there is no point in really discussing anything here...but like I said, should one of these dolts that the Republicans are banking on to get into the White House, how much time do you suggest we give them, before they are are to blame for everything?

You don't like that part of the argument, because it is pretty indisputable. It may not be right for the President or his people to bring it up, but it takes brass balls, like McConnell apparently has, to pretend you and your constituents had nothing to do with it.

btw- if Obama (love your "funny" ABM) is class B, what class are the Republican challengers?

Well, a number of the things that initiated the crash were started by liberal feel-good policies that wanted to get people into homes they couldn't afford. Clinton put that pot on the stove and left it simmering until it finally boiled over in fall 2008.

But I'll also say that producer confidence / "the rich" started tightening their grip on their nickels when it became obvious to anyone with a pulse in ~May-June 2008 that Obama would win the presidency. The slow-down of money circulation (because "the rich" were/are scared shitless about aggressive "progressive" spending sprees and workplace mandates (see: Obamacare)) is what's really hurt the country. And while you and the rest of the Democrats can point index fingers and say that "the rich" aren't spending their money (or, according to Michael Moore, "our money"), is it any wonder that they saw the writing on the wall and didn't/don't want to contribute 80% of the ingredients to a pie they're only going to get 40% of? The math and logic isn't that difficult.

Also, leave it to Democrats to get totally caught up in a turn of phrase. If you think McConnell would shut down legislation that he was confident would put millions of people back to work, then you've crossed into cynicism. That legislation isn't coming to the Senate floor anyway because Democrats are **** out of ideas other than another stimulus.

Well...to say that your "first goal is to make sure" that somebody else doesn't get elected, is, to me, a pretty miserable thing to say, particularly in the context that it has been said. McConnell makes me think that working to strengthening the economy, right now, is not a priority to him. So, yeah, it does sound a little conspiratorial. And, it is a about as cynical, and unpatriotic an attitude than anyone can take to a negotiating table. The president, no matter who he is, whatever affiliation, has many more people to answer to than a single element, of a single political party. John Boehner repeats, over and over again, as if trying to convince himself, that that "American people" do not want tax increases...which, every poll shows, is not really true. People realize we are !@#$ed, and are willing to pay more...but it has to come from everyone. Nobody should be exempt from paying something.

The Bush tax cuts, which Obama foolishly extended once, have not helped to create jobs...the notion that those who benefit from the tax cuts are somehow inherently "job creators" is just simply not true. The president has been willing to put everything on the table, to bring the debt down, but Republicans (maybe because they are so worried about the pledges that they love to sign) won't even talk about closing tax loopholes.

It is true, this is the Democrats economy, because we have a Democrat in the White House. But, it is crazy to think that this debt didn't spiraling out of control long before Obama took office. If the Republicans don't want to be associated with this economy, great...let them continue to stonewall, and let it get worse...it will be theirs soon enough...and two years from now, the right will be crying about the debt that Michelle Bachmann inherited from Obama... :thumbdown:

Coburn to unveil $9 Trillion Deficit-Reduction Plan

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said Sunday the federal government can save $1 trillion though tax reform, a proposal that will put him at odds with some GOP colleagues.

Coburn has also proposed cutting $1 trillion from the Defense Department budget over the next decade and more than $500 billion from other government agencies.

They're not against cutting tax loopholes to increase receipts. They just don't want to do it absent real spending cuts that will do something about the debt --- because otherwise, it's just more money for the government to piss away on such things as studies on how to get Chinese prostitutes (in China) to stop drinking alcohol while they're "working." At least if a company is allowed to keep that money through a loophole there's at least a chance it might go into R&D, dividends that make further investment more attractive, or some other actually useful thing for the business and therefore useful for the country.

You can go to a crack addict's house and clean up, do their dishes, scrub their shower, and figure out how they can save $200 a month by combining their cable/internet/phone bills. But without getting someone un-addicted to crack, what the !@#$ does it matter? The only thing you've done is free up some resources for them to buy more crack. POOF! Up in smoke.

Perhaps you're not seeing it because your mind is so closed to the idea that Republicans actually do want to bring down the deficit. Your Confirmation Bias is set to high dudgeon.

Edited by UConn James

Good luck to him...

Also, leave it to Democrats to get totally caught up in a turn of phrase. If you think McConnell would shut down legislation that he was confident would put millions of people back to work, then you've crossed into cynicism. That legislation isn't coming to the Senate floor anyway because Democrats are **** out of ideas other than another stimulus.

This kills me...yes, Democrats are the only ones who do that... :wallbash:

Well, a number of the things that initiated the crash were started by liberal feel-good policies that wanted to get people into homes they couldn't afford. Clinton put that pot on the stove and left it simmering until it finally boiled over in fall 2008.

For a very good chronological breakdown of this and give the 3/31/11 Mark Levin Show a listen. At least the first 35 minutes or so.

Coburn to unveil $9 Trillion Deficit-Reduction Plan

They're not against cutting tax loopholes to increase receipts. They just don't want to do it absent real spending cuts that will do something about the debt --- because otherwise, it's just more money for the government to piss away on such things as studies on how to get Chinese prostitutes (in China) to stop drinking alcohol while they're "working." At least if a company is allowed to keep that money through a loophole there's at least a chance it might go into R&D, dividends that make further investment more attractive, or some other actually useful thing for the business and therefore useful for the country.

You can go to a crack addict's house and clean up, do their dishes, scrub their shower, and figure out how they can save $200 a month by combining their cable/internet/phone bills. But without getting someone un-addicted to crack, what the !@#$ does it matter? The only thing you've done is free up some resources for them to buy more crack. POOF! Up in smoke.

Perhaps you're not seeing it because your mind is so closed to the idea that Republicans actually do want to bring down the deficit. Your Confirmation Bias is set to high dudgeon.

I will bow to your superior intellect. However, you are ignoring the fact that the president has put spending cuts on the table, siginificant ones, and has been shot down, because he is also insisting on tax increases. Remember the whole hubub a week or so ago about corporate jet taxes? Please, you, LA, the rest, please just stop trying to pretend that you have some greater understanding of things...you are as biased as anyone else here. My dudgeon may be high, but don't pretend the rest of you are any different, going the other way. Most threads here (including this one) start with someone posting an article that confirms something they feel, the PPP wack pack chimes in, waiting for someone to agree or disagree with them...they will link sources that go play into their "Confirmation Bias", to score points...nothing is accomplished. The truth is usuall somewhere in the middle.

Incidentally, I find it hilarious that I get blasted for bringing up the economy under Bush, yet, it is cool for you to bring up something that happened under Clinton, which got out of hand, under Bush, as the reason for the economic woes of the Bush years. So, Obama is responsible for everything on his watch, but Bush is off the hook, because Clinton, who had a robust economy, set up Bush for failure in this area? The blind hypocrisy that passes for intellect on PPP is remarkable. Talk about "confirmation bias"...

Edited by Buftex