Before paying the rookies, Bills might have ~$50 Million in cap r

Scrappy

As much as I like to look at things optimistically but realistically with the Bills I doubt they will go on a spending spree in order to meet the floor. If they have to spend 25-35 million they won't have to sign 2-3 big names in order to meet that obligation.

Now a good thing is they will likely resign Poz and Florence for about 8-10 million all together. They will likely try to lock in Stevie which should cost them an additional 4-5 million. Kyle Williams will likely see a new contract that will add 3-4 million to his current deal. Add in their rookie obligations which should add another 10 million or so. All that adds up to about 25+ million.

They will likely cut Spencer Johnson and maybe redo Maybin's deal which should pad in another 5 million in cap room. Now that only leaves about 12+ million in cap room which will likely get spent making mid level depth additions like a backup QB and some LB's.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like to look at things optimistically but realistically with the Bills I doubt they will go on a spending spree in order to meet the floor. If they have to spend 25-35 million they won't have to sign 2-3 big names in order to meet that obligation.

Now a good thing is they will likely resign Poz and Florence for about 8-10 million all together. They will likely try to lock in Stevie which should cost them an additional 4-5 million. Kyle Williams will likely see a new contract that will add 3-4 million to his current deal. Add in their rookie obligations which should add another 10 million or so. All that adds up to about 25+ million.

They will likely cut Spencer Johnson and maybe redo Maybin's deal which should pad in another 5 million in cap room. Now that only leaves about 12+ million in cap room which will likely get spent making mid level depth additions like a backup QB and some LB's.

You can bet Kyle Williams will be locked up. Hopefully it's not an overpay, although he deserves whatever he can get.

You can bet Kyle Williams will be locked up. Hopefully it's not an overpay, although he deserves whatever he can get.

I think that Kyle Williams who already makes 4+ million and is locked up for the next 2 seasons will see a nice bump in pay into the 8 million range and will tack on a few years to his deal.

Stevie will also see a nice extension coming his way. Throw on resigning Poz and Florence and I think a lot of our cap room is going to go into keep our current free agents and locking in our current crop of players (As well as rookie contracts).

We will not keep Poz, he cannot stay on the field enough to earn next level money.

I got nothing against POZ but I think he has more value to a team playing a 4-3, I don't pay 3-4 LBs a lot of money unless they are of the caliber of Patrick Willis- the bottom line on POZ is did you notice when he was playing or when he was out- I didn't.

On Sirius this morning they mentioned that they thought the cap was going to be $120-$123 million and that the floor was going to be $108. Their cap number for the Bills was $98 million, meaning in theory they had $25 million to spend. But, with a team like Buffalo the important number is the floor - if the Sirius numbers are right the Bills are only going to look to spend another $10 million and they can pretty much do that by doing deals with good money up front. It's really hard to say where the Bills really are in the cap (so many different figures) but I thik the Bills will do what they usually do - try and resign their own and bring in some depth players in free agency - no big names, no big contracts.