Trade Rumor

Had an old college buddy for Vegas call me and tells me he heard of a possible trade rumor of Mckelvin for Tebow when the new CBA is reached. Said he heard it quickly on a radio talk show while driving. I have nothing to back it up, did anyone else hear this? Just thought it was interesting because of the recent # trade. Plus with Mckelvin's history here, buffalo's so called love affair with Tebow, The new coach and Elway in Denver you could start to see this maybe happening? Is denver even looking for a corner?

Thoughts.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an old college buddy for Vegas call me and tells me he heard of a possible trade rumor of Mckelvin for Tebow when the new CBA is reached. Said he heard it quickly on a radio talk show while driving. I have nothing to back it up, did anyone else hear this? Just thought it was interesting because of the recent # trade. Plus with Mckelvin's history here, buffalo's so called love affair with Tebow, The new coach and Elway in Denver you could start to see this maybe happening? Is denver even looking for a corner?

Thoughts.

It's so wacky, it could be true...

Thoughts.

Strange as this is, stranger things have happened.

The Bills said they would be going after an experienced FA QB to back up Fitz. And as of now, we don't have an experienced QB behind Fitz. So as much as I'd like to see Tebow on the Bills, this is 180 out.

Or, in the words of Shemp Howard, "It don't make sense nohow, somehow."

Edited by DrFishfinder

That's like hitting the lottery, odds are it won't happen.

It's Friday ... it's been a long week ... and now we are getting third hand news that makes absoulutely no sense whatsoever although Denver's defense sucked last year.

Tebow is apparently number two in Denver but Fox admits he has not seen any of his working out. Tebow has been leading the offensive players in practice at a local high school. And, Elway seems to like him.

Not sure how well Champ Bailey is playing these days at CB.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just someone reaching on a rumor and blasting it on their radio show to make conversation. The lockout has sucked all the life out of football talk for this time of year minus speculation after speculation. Then again, who knows this could be something that comes to fruition. Losing McKelvin for Tebow? I don't know how much better or worse off the Bills would really be with that one. Fitz is the guy for this season (assuming it's existence) but considering the lack of depth at the QB position right now, you know there is at least one being signed or traded for. My guess would be the Bills try to find a guy in FA for depth.

This deal does actually make sense if you think about it... mckelvins replacement was drafted in round 2 and the broncos were so hard up for a cb there was talk @ draft time of them getting p. peterson. The bills do need a backup and were at the very least interested in tebow meanwhile they have stated (whether true or not) that orton is the number 1... I would be all for this as tebow would have at least a year behind fitz and has amazing intagibles as a leader def someone we all could root for and the players could rally behind!

Sounds way too good to be true - straight-up that'd be just too incredibly one-sided for Buffalo. Maybe other players involved?

I don't see Gailey wanting Tebow, the Bills don't need a rookie backup, they need an experienced vet like Fitz

I don't see Denver parting with the kid unless its a trade for Marcel Darius. From everything I've read Denver and Elway think the world of Tebow and his potential

I don't see Gailey wanting Tebow, the Bills don't need a rookie backup, they need an experienced vet like Fitz

I don't see Denver parting with the kid unless its a trade for Marcel Darius. From everything I've read Denver and Elway think the world of Tebow and his potential

I agree with you Harv.

I think one of us is slipping. flirt.gif

ZOMG! A second hand account of a distracted driver hearing something on local talk radio :o

It must be true! :worthy:

:w00t: ...nice. There's no way Denver gives up Tebow after one year regardless of the front office changes. Plus, player for player trades are becoming more rare. I don't think I'd want to do that trade even if I could. I'm not saying McKelvin is great, but Tebow isn't what we need right now.

Edited by Tommy

Thoughts.

tebow would neutralize buffalo's travis henry karma..if you want the new age view

I heard over the radio that the Bills would be trading for a first round pick, Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Michael Turner for Levi Brown, Ed Wang and a 7th round pick. I don't have any proof but you'll just have to take my word for it. :rolleyes: