Michele and Marcus Bachmann

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be fun going through this election watching liberals like yourself urging people not to vote for conservatives because they're against gay marriage, right before you all vote for the current president who, oddly enough, is against gay marriage.

Sound the alarm, Libs! Fire up the bat signal! A Christian conservative is against gay marriage! :lol: :lol:

It's going to be fun going through this election watching liberals like yourself urging people not to vote for conservatives because they're against gay marriage, right before you all vote for the current president who, oddly enough, is against gay marriage.

Sound the alarm, Libs! Fire up the bat signal! A Christian conservative is against gay marriage! :lol: :lol:

To be fair, anyone who votes for Bachmann shouldn't be voting anyway.

Trillions in new debt

A new entitlement

Exemptions from participating in new entitlement granted to political allies

The Benbernank :worthy: printing money

Failed $800B stimulus

Southern border is a war zone

A new war in Libya

2 shadow wars in Yemen and Pakistan

Continuing the Patriot Act

Yeah, I can understand why some people want to make gay marriage an issue

Trillions in new debt

A new entitlement

Failed $800B stimulus

A new war in Libya

Yes, its a huge story.

for Lybob :lol:

I willing to bet he really does not have an issue with gay marriage, he just didn't have the guts to say it while campaigning. Nor is he showing any now.

Edited by EC-Bills

I willing to bet he really does not have an issue with gay marriage, he just didn't have the guts to say it while campaigning. Nor is he showing any now.

I have no doubt he favors gay marriage, and I have no doubt that I could care less. It's just immensely humourous to me that libs keep trying to use it as an argument not to vote for someone...unless it's their someone. Then it's okay. Because their someone is evolving. :lol:

Personally, I'd like to see him evolving to taking it in the pooper for the American people.

This jackazz needs to be thrown out of office because he's the most incompetent nincompoop to hold the office since Martin Van Buren.

Trillions in new debt

A new entitlement

Failed $800B stimulus

A new war in Libya

bingo! I mean, the fate of the US as we know it depends on whether gays will be as miserable as the rest of us.

Bachman vs Obama

One person has the balls to say they are against gay marriage and the other person doesn't have the balls to say they are for it (going so far as to dodge the simple question during a press conference in front of the national press and entire country) because their black, hispanic, islamic and jewish base are discriminatory against gay marriage.

Does the OP really want to go there? Does the OP really want Obama to show that he has a pair and get on record with this issue?

She signed this document today. I hear next she's going to kiss white babies. Pander to the base baby!

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/The-Family-Leader-Presidential-Pledge.pdf

I have no reason to defend Bachmann because she's too much of a social conservative for my liking, but it's worth pointing out that she isn't against gay marriage because it gets her votes. She gets votes because she's against gay marriage. Everyone here understands few things get your panties in a wad like people against gay marriage, but one would at least expect you to be smart enough to know the difference between pandering and conviction.

Take your current president for example; he's against gay marriage, unless he's evolving, and when he's in NYS after they pass the gay marriage law he STILL can't admit it he is FOR gay marriage because it'll cost him votes, but lo and behold, he is suddenly in favor of state's making their own decision. THAT is pandering. Lost on you, apparently, because I don't remember you making a stink about his NYS fundraiser episode.

So to recap; if you are against gay marriage, but tell people you're evolving to pander to your base, it's okay. But sign a document affirming something you've always believed in, it's pandering to the base, and that's not okay. Got it.

I have no reason to defend Bachmann because she's too much of a social conservative for my liking, but it's worth pointing out that she isn't against gay marriage because it gets her votes. She gets votes because she's against gay marriage. Everyone here understands few things get your panties in a wad like people against gay marriage, but one would at least expect you to be smart enough to know the difference between pandering and conviction.

Take your current president for example; he's against gay marriage, unless he's evolving, and when he's in NYS after they pass the gay marriage law he STILL can't admit it he is FOR gay marriage because it'll cost him votes, but lo and behold, he is suddenly in favor of state's making their own decision. THAT is pandering. Lost on you, apparently, because I don't remember you making a stink about his NYS fundraiser episode.

So to recap; if you are against gay marriage, but tell people you're evolving to pander to your base, it's okay. But sign a document affirming something you've always believed in, it's pandering to the base, and that's not okay. Got it.

Yes or no, do you support her and her stands?

Edit - It is ridiculous to paint either Peace or myself as an Obama supporter.

Edited by Booster4324

Not trying to be flippant, but shouldn't "...she's too much of a social conservative for my liking" tell you enough?

Bachmann is one of the few people I would vote for Obama over. We really don't need another person with an IQ under 30 in the White House.

You don't have to vote for one over the other. You could vote for a 3rd party or decide not to vote at all

Not trying to be flippant, but shouldn't "...she's too much of a social conservative for my liking" tell you enough?

After that, he went on to defend her. Is it not allowed here to ask for clarification? :unsure:

You don't have to vote for one over the other. You could vote for a 3rd party or decide not to vote at all

My choice.

As opposed to whom? The current idiot running things? Given that single coice vs. Obama, I'd take my chance with a fiscal conservative Christian who is against gay marriage than a failed progressive entitlements machine whose opinion on gay marriage depends on where he is in the election cycle. At this point in the election, I like voices to be heard against the current POTUS. She brings some good points to the table. Gay marriage is not one of them. Big effin' deal. It's not like the first thing she'd do as president is ban gay marriage. Like everyone else (and by everyone else, I mean EVERYONE else), she misspeaks or stumbles of just says something stupid. It's not like she has the corner on the "stupid politician comments" market by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem we are going to have with this upcoming presidential election is the same problem we had with the last one: most people aren't voting FOR someone so much as AGAINST someone. "Anyone but Bush" has quickly become "Anyone but Obama." That's a crappy way to elect a president. But there is no doubt in my mind that the crap Obama pulled from day one of his first term will look like Republican ideas compared to what he'd do if he gets a second term, so unfortunately, yes, I'd rather take my chances with another unknown because Obama is, without question, as useless, clueless and spineless a POTUS as there can possibly be. I'd almost take Biden over Obama because at least we'll get a few chuckles along the way.

I neither painted Peace as an Obama supporter nor did I defend Bachmann's position. Peace decided to give her some crap because she was, as he put it, pandering to her base. That's just stupid. She wasn't pandering to anything because she has ALWAYS had this position against gay marriage. My suggestion is maybe he should look up the word "pandering" because if he truly understood what it meant, then he'd have been equally menopausal over the embarrassment put forth by POTUS during his New York fundraisers right after NYS voted for gay marriage. The only thing I can come up with is he either doesn't understand what the word "pandering" means, or he is perfectly okay with pandering as long as it's not from a conservative Christian woman.