Odds are the Vikings will go to LA

Scrappy

Gov is ready to shutdown in MN

A NFL team seems like the last thing the state needs to support compared to the problems they have. $350 Million or whatever the Vikings want is not going to be easy to come by from the state, so I would plan on them being the most likely to move to LA, IMO.

Ramsey County officials announced today they have reached an agreement with the Minnesota Vikings to be the team’s local partner in the effort to secure a new stadium in Minnesota. The site of the publicly-owned stadium – a new retractable-roof, multi-purpose facility – will be the former Twin Cities Army Ammunitions Plant (TCAAP) property in Arden Hills. The agreement reached by the team and the County calls for an $884 million stadium and an additional $173 million for on-site infrastructure, parking and environmental costs, bringing the total project costs to $1.057 billion. The Vikings will commit $407 million to the project - 44% of the stadium costs and 39% of the overall costs. The team and the County are currently working with State legislative leaders and the Minnesota Department of Transportation on identifying costs and funding options for off-site road improvements, estimated to be $7 million per year.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Ramsey-County-Announces-Partnership-With-Vikings-For-New-Retractable-Roof-Stadium/40eb217e-2558-434f-8bc2-5ddcddd9f024

There is no minnesota state proposal. I know there is a county proposal and a city proposal. And last I heard, both proposals are being talked about, with the county proposal as the first option and the city being the 2nd option.

No state though.

also, I am pretty sure the team that moves to LA will be the raiders or chargers. 4 california football teams? no wai

Jax and Oakland. Jax has no support and the owners should be pushing Weaver to move and/or sell, and Davis feels that LA is his territory so he'll sue if he doesn't get in on the action and the NFL will want to avoid that.

Jax and Oakland. Jax has no support and the owners should be pushing Weaver to move and/or sell, and Davis feels that LA is his territory so he'll sue if he doesn't get in on the action and the NFL will want to avoid that.

Ahhh, forgot all about Sir Davis the Litigious....

Did I miss something in the article linked to but did it specifically talk about moving the Vikes being s solution to MN budget woes or alternately paying to keep them adding to the meltdown (I easily could have as it was a lengthy treatment on their issues).

If not this seems like a theoretical explanation about a theoretical move which is simply just theory. I think JOhn Lennon did an album on all the TSW chatter about franchise moves, it was called Double Fantasy.

Did I miss something in the article linked to but did it specifically talk about moving the Vikes being s solution to MN budget woes or alternately paying to keep them adding to the meltdown (I easily could have as it was a lengthy treatment on their issues).

If not this seems like a theoretical explanation about a theoretical move which is simply just theory. I think JOhn Lennon did an album on all the TSW chatter about franchise moves, it was called Double Fantasy.

I just can't see how a state that is shutting down has counties that can give up hundreds of Millions of $'s for football, that is beyond me. Maybe I'm crazy but this seems like a state most likely to lose a team, not a NY / FL or CA team based state.

If the Vikings do move to LA, I could see some kind of Cleveland like deal where the Twin Cities are guaranteed a future team (with the name and history of the old team) contingent upon a stadium.

Then once the stadium is built, my money is on Jacksonville moving to Minnesota. And nobody will notice, except all the blue tarps

I just can't see how a state that is shutting down has counties that can give up hundreds of Millions of $'s for football, that is beyond me. Maybe I'm crazy but this seems like a state most likely to lose a team, not a NY / FL or CA team based state.

its not that you are crazy, but its clear from the manner with which both state and federal government handle their budgets that they are crazy.

Actually, I do not think they are crazy at all. Government has a pretty consistent application of the Golden Rule- he who has the gold rules.

As long as there are politically connected folks with a bunch of bucks they use to pull the strings of elected officials crazy things happen. Is it sane that our federal government is correctly having its feet held to the fire of not running huge deficits, but the folks making this demand also refuse to even discuss or think about reducing tax breaks for oil companies and for corporate jets.

We are wasting billion (actually trillions federally so "merely" wasting millions on subsidies for rich NFL owners is really chump change.

While I have no idea who is gonna be the team to move, I have a good feeling it's not going to be the Bills. We are too loyal of fans to let that happen without a fight, plus we fill the stadium every week even though the product on the field has been ****ty the past 15 years.

I'd guess it would be Jacksonville, they have to tarp off the upper decks for almost every home game because they can't get enough people to buy tickets. I live an hour away from Jacksonville and everyone I know seems to have a favorite team other than the Jags.

San Diego has the same problem, perennial playoff contender year after year and yet they can't sell out home games in November and December(freaking pathetic).

so does Buffalo :(

What team did Buffalo ever lose to L.A.?

The Braves?

They went to San Diego....

Wait I thought Buffalo was the odds on favorite last week to move to L.A.

Remember-The fact that Buffalo wasnt being mentioned with the teams in talks with AEG meant we WERE the team?

But now it is The Vikings this week -OK....Makes a lot of sense.

The Viking should stay in Minnesota.

The Chargers should stay in SD.

The Jaguars are a nothing team and if one team should go-we all know it is them.

The Raiders make sense too with the built in fan base and all that.

But whatever.

"F" L.A.

Edited by BuffaloWest

The 2 groups (AEG & MAJESTIC) wanting to build stadiums in LA are also interested in ownership, not just luring a team.

So what owner is willing on selling?

AEG wants one in congested Downtown LA ... MAJESTIC in the outskirts of LA Inland Empire and 25,000 parking spots with better access and tailgating-ready for the full NFL experience

Does anyone really think either group is will to be partners with Al Davis .... who's the most likely team that ownership can also be had?

If Ralph doesn't have a plan that we don't know of, we go to the highest bidder ..... when he's gone

Let's not put our head in the sand like the people of Brooklyn did in 1957 ...

To me ... the most logical choice for LA is the RAMS, who play in a baseball city, and a non-retractable dome. It would be sad to see SD move. JAX not.