Great News From Iowa

Can we be REALLY clear here? The Democrat supermajority in Mass. was going to pass health care legislation, with or without Romney. Romney tried to bring some fiscal sanity to it and signed the compromise.

It was also a state measure in a commonwealth that had a huge amount of healthcare infrastructure in place, 4 percent uninsured, and he'd turned the state around from being $3B in the hole to a surplus, without raising taxes. In terms of good old state's rights, it wasn't exactly out of line with Republican values. It was not a national measure, it wasn't meant to be a national measure, and anybody who claims they used a two-year-old state plan as a model on which to base a national plan with... what, 15% uninsured?... is decidedly stupid, both in that there's no possible way one can glean enough info in that timeframe (and with such different on-the-ground data, infrastructure, demographics, geography, economies, etc. that exist in 50 separate states) to use it as the basis of a national plan that has a chance of success... or that Democrats didn't have almost the exact same national plan in their back pockets since the Clinton years.

It's disingenuous to pin all this on Romney. And the reason the administration keep up with the tack of blaming Romney for the national plan is they're scared shitless about his business and executive experience and a track record of deficit turnarounds without !@#$ing over businesses and the citizenry by jacking taxes.

Tell that to the tea party, if he was so great more than 23% of Iowa Republicans would support him.

The Healthcare bill will Romney signed into law Mass. is mainly an obstacle in the primaries 1 if he gets through the primaries it wont be a major hurdle for him to overcome in the general elections. The only ones who are really upset or concerned about the bill that he signed into law over there are the hard righties, if he overcomes that, which in my view he will, they will all still vote for him simply because their dislike for Obama is much greater than their concern over Romney... The vast majority of registered GOP voters and conservatives will coalesce around the GOP nominee simply for this reason. You get what Im saying?

2 Like I said, the fact that he is doing so well in a state like Iowa means trouble for the rest of the conservative nominees and for Obama. ROmney is gonna win a lot more of the independent votes than Obama, independents for the most part have run away from Obama, and there really isnt much he can do to get them back, Obama is beholden to his ideology, he trusts in his keynesian advisors who have failed him miserably and it doesnt appear that he will change course of direction, simply because if he does, then he knows he will lose part of his base,and without at least 95% of his base he stands 0 chance.

3 Obama is in big trouble if Romney wins. Other than Romney, in the general elections I would say that Pawlenty would be his next major opponent, but it appears that Pawlenty wont win. Bachman, hmm, my gut feeling is that if she were to win, which I dont believe she will, the media would do a major hatchet job on her just as they did Palin.

1 Agreed, it will not matter much in general election, but it might keep away tea partiers or it might make him take on a savage Conservative like McCain had to do

2 So well??? 23% is so well? And look at the trash he is running against! If Pizza Guy, Newt, Santorium and Paul drop out, I think its far more likely Bachmann will garner their supporters, not an insider, Northern Governor, Mormon who passed Obama/Romneycare. He may be the best by far, but that will not matter in the GOP primary. Not saying he won't do it, but it still looks like a tough road ahead for Romney. Look at it this way, I think he is a decent candidate would would probably be a decent President. What does that tell you about how Tea Partiers view him?

3 I do not agree with that. Obama may have some economic problems right now, but America is growing more comfortable with him by the day, IMO. But Romney is the only one that can beat him now

3 I do not agree with that. Obama may have some economic problems right now, but America is growing more comfortable with him by the day, IMO.

What in the holy hell world of make believe are you talking about? Growing comfortable with him? Seriously? You think America is comfortably settled in with 9.1% unemployment with no plan to fix the economy beyond another stimulus bill? You think America is comfortable with shovel-ready jobs that weren't as shovel-ready as he thought? Maybe you're thinking about the 55% of Americans who have comfortably decided that want Obamacare repealed?

You are batschitt delusional. :lol:

Unfortunately, you and I will not see an Independent president in our lifetime. The current 2 party system is too entrenched, too embedded and has far too much at stake to let that happen. It wouldn't surprise me one iota to see Democrats and Republicans ganging up together to keep an Independent from winning the presidency. The two party system exists, largely to continue to exist.

I think that has already happened

Unfortunately, you and I will not see an Independent president in our lifetime. The current 2 party system is too entrenched, too embedded and has far too much at stake to let that happen. It wouldn't surprise me one iota to see Democrats and Republicans ganging up together to keep an Independent from winning the presidency. The two party system exists, largely to continue to exist.

Symbiotic Parasites

Neither can exist without the other and both serve to feed off the rest of society

What in the holy hell world of make believe are you talking about? Growing comfortable with him? Seriously? You think America is comfortably settled in with 9.1% unemployment with no plan to fix the economy beyond another stimulus bill? You think America is comfortable with shovel-ready jobs that weren't as shovel-ready as he thought? Maybe you're thinking about the 55% of Americans who have comfortably decided that want Obamacare repealed?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

Well today two percent less disapprove of than two days ago.

It's boil-a-frog political theory. :wallbash:

Again...Romney/Rubio is big trouble for Obama because unless we have another significant terrorist attack, there is nothing in the pipleline to address the economy. I happen to like Michelle Bachman, for the most part, but you are also right in that the media will have her nicknamed Whore in a flash.

I genuinely don't think he does, but he is a great voice to have in this debate. The more he speaks, the more I like him. His numbers keep growing. I like his positions, and I like that he's a business man first. But we no sooner need a "businessman only" in the WH than we need a "community organizer only" in the WH. Which is why people like Romney and Bachman work; private business plus public service experience is going to be key.

Fogetta bout it....If Romney wins and picks Rubio, and the economy isnt appreciably better than it is today, not withstanding any sort of serious !@#$ up on Romney´s part, Obama stands less than a 25% chance in winning. Rubio is loved by virtually ALL conservatives and he is a Tea Party favorite, even though I truly dont consider him to be a ¨Tea Party¨ guy. He is a natural politican, the race he ran out in Florida was a thing beauty, once he secured the primaries, he knew how to tack to the middle enough to demolish Meek and Crist.

Rubio will take away some of the latin vote from Obama, secure Florida for Romney which is extremely important, and the tea partiers that arent thrilled with the Romney selection sure as hell will be energized if Rubio becomes the Vice presidential nominee.

Oh, and Rubio will end up being the first latin American president this country has seen one day.

Fogetta bout it....If Romney wins and picks Rubio, and the economy isnt appreciably better than it is today, not withstanding any sort of serious !@#$ up on Romney´s part, Obama stands less than a 25% chance in winning. Rubio is loved by virtually ALL conservatives and he is a Tea Party favorite, even though I truly dont consider him to be a ¨Tea Party¨ guy. He is a natural politican, the race he ran out in Florida was a thing beauty, once he secured the primaries, he knew how to tack to the middle enough to demolish Meek and Crist.

Rubio will take away some of the latin vote from Obama, secure Florida for Romney which is extremely important, and the tea partiers that arent thrilled with the Romney selection sure as hell will be energized if Rubio becomes the Vice presidential nominee.

Oh, and Rubio will end up being the first latin American president this country has seen one day.

I don't think Rubio would accept VP.

If Rubio runs in 2016 or 2020 he stands an excellent chance of being the first Latin American president

I don't think Rubio would accept VP.

If Rubio runs in 2016 or 2020 he stands an excellent chance of being the first Latin American president

If pressed to be on the ticket, he'll go. Especially if Obama and his ridiculous policies remain vulnerable...and let's be honest. For all the barking that progressives like to do about how lame the GOP field is, the reason you hear that talking point chatter is because that's the only story they have to tell. When your product is successful, you don't need to spend all your time and money bashing the competition. When your products sucks ass, it's all you've got.

If pressed to be on the ticket, he'll go. Especially if Obama and his ridiculous policies remain vulnerable...and let's be honest. For all the barking that progressives like to do about how lame the GOP field is, the reason you hear that talking point chatter is because that's the only story they have to tell. When your product is successful, you don't need to spend all your time and money bashing the competition. When your products sucks ass, it's all you've got.

Let's get this straight, when all you can do is bash the competition with baseless accusations, your product sucks. Is that correct?

Let's get this straight, when all you can do is bash the competition with baseless accusations, your product sucks. Is that correct?

What I said was that you know your product sucks when the ONLY story you have to tell is about your competition. ("Baseless accusations" was your addition, but it was a nice touch.)

I know where you're going with this, and you actually make a good point. Except he's not my competition. He's my president. And I bash him because he promised us he would reduce the deficit by half and keep unemployment below 8%, and in turn has done the complete opposite with nothing but predictable, ignorant, progressive policies that have stunted the economic recovery while simultaneously forcing through a health care reform law that not only doesn't do what he promised it would do (like your doctor, keep your doctor...bring down costs, etc) it basically is SO BAD they have to exempt every union known to mankind just to ensure they can keep those votes for 2012.

What? You didn't look at the list of groups who received the waivers? Read 'em and weep. When your "historic" signature bill is THAT BAD, I wouldn't promote it either. So what's left? Unemployment below 8%? Nope. Robust economic growth? Nope. Policies in place to reduce the deficit? Nope. How about something simple...like a budget? Nope.

There's one arrow in the quiver: talk about the competition.

Something needs to change or the dude's toast. Oh wait, here comes the DREAM Act. There's some votes we can DEFINITELY use. :lol:

What I said was that you know your product sucks when the ONLY story you have to tell is about your competition. ("Baseless accusations" was your addition, but it was a nice touch.)

I know where you're going with this, and you actually make a good point. Except he's not my competition. He's my president. And I bash him because he promised us he would reduce the deficit by half and keep unemployment below 8%, and in turn has done the complete opposite with nothing but predictable, ignorant, progressive policies that have stunted the economic recovery while simultaneously forcing through a health care reform law that not only doesn't do what he promised it would do (like your doctor, keep your doctor...bring down costs, etc) it basically is SO BAD they have to exempt every union known to mankind just to ensure they can keep those votes for 2012.

What? You didn't look at the list of groups who received the waivers? Read 'em and weep. When your "historic" signature bill is THAT BAD, I wouldn't promote it either. So what's left? Unemployment below 8%? Nope. Robust economic growth? Nope. Policies in place to reduce the deficit? Nope. How about something simple...like a budget? Nope.

There's one arrow in the quiver: talk about the competition.

Something needs to change or the dude's toast. Oh wait, here comes the DREAM Act. There's some votes we can DEFINITELY use. :lol:

Funny thing is that the one thing Americans want to hear about is jobs. No Republican can honestly say they have done anything to create jobs since they gained control of the House last year. They have however backed a plan that most Americans do not like due to the fact that they do not want Medicare to turn into a voucher system. Big no no.

Funny thing is that the one thing Americans want to hear about is jobs. No Republican can honestly say they have done anything to create jobs since they gained control of the House last year. They have however backed a plan that most Americans do not like due to the fact that they do not want Medicare to turn into a voucher system. Big no no.

This year.

People like yourself -- and there are a lot of you -- believe that it's totally understandable how the left got nothing done while it had control of both houses AND the WH for two freaking years, but that the real reason there are no jobs is because the GOP has stopped the left's progress in the past seven months. :lol:

Jeez, the least the left could have done was pass a budget.

But no. They knew it would never pass when they had full control of DC because the GOP would have, ummm, well, done nothing, but that's besides the point! The GOP wants to kill grandma, and that's all you need to know!!!

Idiots.

I don't agree, she has no chance

Then again neither does Ron Paul, but I won't let that stop me from voting for him

Good for you! If more people had the guts to vote for who they wanted, instead of who they thought could win, this country would be a much better place.