Sarah Palin writes at an eight grade reading level

Which is actually pretty impressive. I am pleased when I write a memo or do technical writing and I hit in the 7-9th grade reading level (as rated by Word). It is not as easy as it would seem. Guess that Communications degree was worth it for Palin.

Link

AOL brought in two writing analysts to individually assess the level at which the e-mails were being composed. What they found was impressive. Palin's writing skills appeared to reach an eighth grade level — a score, the analysis explained, that is excellent for a chief executive.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is actually pretty impressive. I am pleased when I write a memo or do technical writing and I hit in the 7-9th grade reading level (as rated by Word). It is not as easy as it would seem. Guess that Communications degree was worth it for Palin.

Link

I'd still hit it.

Link

Do you also compose the headlines for National Enquirer?

Edited by 3rdnlng

All those reporters and volunteer readers have been pouring over Palin's emails since they were released, and this is biggest thing they come up with?

Somewhere Hedd is curled up in the fetal position murmuring Levi where art thou?

All those reporters and volunteer readers have been pouring over Palin's emails since they were released, and this is biggest thing they come up with?

Somewhere Hedd is curled up in the fetal position murmuring Levi where art thou?

I heard a talking head last week comment that at the end of this "scour the Palin emails" episode, the only ones who will come out looking stupid will be the media.

And I'm happy to advance the rigth-wing partisan hack notion that the media can not hire enough people to investigate these emails, and yet had no interest in hiring all these "investigators" to review the health care bill. Or the stimulus bill. Or anything else that advances their moronic agenda.

But Sarah Palin. Now THAT needs some digging, boys! Get to work!

Edited by LABillzFan

I heard a talking head last week comment that at the end of this "scour the Palin emails" episode, the only ones who will come out looking stupid will be the media.

And I'm happy to advance the rigth-wing partisan hack notion that the media can not hire enough people to investigate these emails, and yet had no interest in hiring all these "investigators" to review the health care bill. Or the stimulus bill. Or anything else that advances their moronic agenda.

But Sarah Palin. Now THAT needs some digging, boys! Get to work!

this is actually a very good point.....and anyone can see that she's dumb as rocks without the need to look at her emails

this is actually a very good point.....and anyone can see that she's dumb as rocks without the need to look at her emails

The scary thing about Palin isn't her lack of knowledge in certain areas, it's the fact that she doesn't know what she doesn't know.

The scary thing about Palin isn't her lack of knowledge in certain areas, it's the fact that she doesn't know what she doesn't know.

That goes for about 99% of America, including almost everyone on this board.

I'm with you. I thought the height of her idiocy came through that day she commented on how she was out visting all 57 states.

Dumb as rocks, man. Dumb as rocks.

I'm with you. I thought the height of her idiocy came through that day she commented on how she was out visting all 57 states.

How 'bout earlier this year when she wrote 2008 as the current year in the day book when she visited the Queen?

Preview of the Obama/Palin debate...

"Mr. Smartypants" Obama should have done America a huge favor and stayed in the classroom with his radical, commie lovin', America hating pals. The big difference between Obama and Palin is that Palin has good instincts, the "chosen one" doesn't. Not sure if she's presidential material, but she's a thousand times more presidential material than this liberal Obama disaster cluster(you know what) we have now. I think that she'd tear him up in a debate.

Or when she said the stimulus would keep the unemployment under 8%.

i think on an intellectual level she's the near equivalent of baby bush. she just doesn't have the old money, preppy. ivy league, always land on your feet legacy he did. and that's likely why so many seem to find her appealing. i really think there needs to be an intellect level requirement to hold that office but many people obviously disagree. "idiocracy" is life imitating art.

i think on an intellectual level she's the near equivalent of baby bush. she just doesn't have the old money, preppy. ivy league, always land on your feet legacy he did. and that's likely why so many seem to find her appealing. i really think there needs to be an intellect level requirement to hold that office but many people obviously disagree. "idiocracy" is life imitating art.

Are you kidding me buddy???? "Idiocracy" is Obama's doctrine.

Have you seen Detroit? LA? This is the path Obama's taking our country down. Liberals are the ones who want to keep their minions as dumb as a box of rocks. They want them that way so they can keep their power by controlling them through government handouts.

Are you kidding me buddy???? "Idiocracy" is Obama's doctrine.

Have you seen Detroit? LA? This is the path Obama's taking our country down. Liberals are the ones who want to keep their minions as dumb as a box of rocks. They want them that way so they can keep their power by controlling them through government handouts.

are you proposing the existence of a direct correlation between intellectual achievement and conservatism?

are you proposing the existence of a direct correlation between intellectual achievement and conservatism?

I'm proposing that conservatism is about empowering the (intelligent) individual, while liberalism is about controlling the (dumb) masses.

The evidence of is indisputable.