Naaman

Keep Roscoe, keep Lee Evans, put Donald Jones or Naaman on the PS if necessary and quit messing with players that produce at a very good level when used properly, and focus on our other problem areas for the love of all things NFL. Musical players is one big reason why we've had so many losing seasons and we've got to stop some of the bleeding now. Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish will both have a great year for the Bills IF we actually get a season to watch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really may come down to who Fitz has or will have chemistry with. I am not suggesting Lee Evans should go but he and Fitz do not appear to have a mind meld.

Fitz and Roscoe do. The passing game turned for the worse when he went out. I was thinking I'm satisfied with Stevie, Roscoe and Nelson. Freddy getting drop offs. It'd be nice for Lee get angry and demand stardom, but I don't think he cares.

Edited by Thunderstealer

Keep Roscoe, keep Lee Evans, put Donald Jones or Naaman on the PS if necessary and quit messing with players that produce at a very good level when used properly, and focus on our other problem areas for the love of all things NFL. Musical players is one big reason why we've had so many losing seasons and we've got to stop some of the bleeding now. Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish will both have a great year for the Bills IF we actually get a season to watch.

Incorrect lack of QB is why we've had so many problems.

If Fitzy is the QB let him have some input on who he wants. My guess is Roscoe is on the list.

Lee, not so certain.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This thread was titled Naaman, so I'll keep it about him. The one thing that really impressed me is that he caught everything that was within his reach last season. He didn't flat out drop anything. The guy was really productive in college and clearly "the league" is not too big for him. If he was on New England, Brady would find him underneath 70 times a season. Keep him around...we need all the good young WR's we can get.

Keep Roscoe, keep Lee Evans, put Donald Jones or Naaman on the PS if necessary and quit messing with players that produce at a very good level when used properly, and focus on our other problem areas for the love of all things NFL.

Jones was active for the entire season last year; he is not eligible for the PS.

• 1 month later...

Naaman has hands of velcro. He is a possession receiver like a Wes Welker. He made his name at UB catching anything and everything thrown at him, and from what I hear he is doing the same this camp. There are a lot of good WRs on the roster so I don't know who will go, but I know Naaman will get picked up by someone else the nanosecond we cut him loose. Probably New England with our luck.

PTR

Twice in Bills Roundup today, Gailey described Roosevelt as "a great football player."

He's golden for the roster.

God didn't give him alot of speed, God didn't give him alot of size, but man can he play

That's awesome. He ended by saying I'm excited to see him in the games this year, he played well last year when we threw him in

Good luck naamanimal

I could see them going with 7 receivers plus our 3rd string QB on the roster this year, so that would be Lee, Stevie, Scoe, Nelson, Jones, Naaman. I am not sure that Easley (#7) if he doesn't see the practice field would stay on the roster. Felton (if he is still eligible) and Kamar Aiken PS. Going to be a tough cut down this year and that is a good thing!

4 recievers went to IR last year by the end of the season and I think 2 came up from the price squad so that would mean we had 7 on the opening day roster. You can correct me if I am wrong, might have been 6 and 2 and Easley (1 IR). I think 1 cut would be Hubbard as Huggins seems to be shining a bit this year at camp (both are replaceable as gunners since we have Smith).

I think Roscoe would be the odd man out. More expensive and he only has 1 year left on his contract.

You might even be able to get a 5th or 6th for him in a trade. St. Louis could be interested in having him on the turf for their young QB.

Fitzy had a strangely glowing review of Roosevelt. Something to the extend of, "If I throw it in his direction no matter what he finds away to come down with it."

Anyone remember his first catch? He looked like he had two guys Velcro-ed on him and he popped up inbeteren the defenders and cane down with the ball.

If Easely has speed with that frame he would make it.

I think if Donald Jones has a good camp he is safe, at the end of the season before he got injured he looked like Fitzy's GoTo guy.

Stevie Johnson is safe.

That leaves Lee Evans. You know he won't be on the Roster in 2013. The benefit of keeping him is he has to put up numbers to get a good FA offer. So he will be personally motivated to have the stats the team expects from him. (1000+ yards. 8-12. TDs)

However if St Louis would give a 5th or 6th for Roscoe. We could get a 3rd or 4th for Evans.

If the young guys perform well if there is a camp this would be the time to move the vets.

However if there is no camp Lee Evans an Roscoe become much more valuable to the Bills.

This will be a camp battle that will be closely watched by all, let's hope there is a camp to battle test these kids.

Evans was absent from Camp fitz.

Lee was working out with JP. ("hey Lee go long. Great catch! Hey lee go long. Great Catch! Man, why aren't we in the Pro Bowl!?")

Trading Lee would definitely serve the youth movement and getting some picks out of him would be worth it. Chan thinks he get him do more than go long but if he hasn't worked on his short and midrange game since he got here what makes Chan think he can do it now? Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

idk for the first time i feel like we have a position that its going to be tough to cut down, even hubbard and huggins look great. That being said I think as of right now the locks are johnson, evans, nelson. Parrish may be replaceable with jones after watching camp today i feel like roosevelt has to make the team. And easley has been highly touted when he actually hits the field so who knows we have 7+ quality wideouts

I think Namaan makes the practice squad. Just too much competition at the WR position. Really don't know why everyone's in love with Marcus Easley. Yes, the guy has size but he's constantly injured. We really haven't seen anything from him. I think he gets the boot this year. Active receivers are Lee, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson and Donald Jones. Namaan gets the nod right away if anyone gets injured though. Chan seems to be high on this guy.

Naaman has hands of velcro. He is a possession receiver like a Wes Welker. He made his name at UB catching anything and everything thrown at him, and from what I hear he is doing the same this camp. There are a lot of good WRs on the roster so I don't know who will go, but I know Naaman will get picked up by someone else the nanosecond we cut him loose. Probably New England with our luck.

PTR

:worthy: As a UB alum, I was thrilled to hear Gailey say he looks forward to seeing what Namaan will do this year in GAMES!

I think that unless he screws up, Namaan's roster spot is secure in Buffalo ... no speed but hands that catch them all!

GO BILLS ... GO BULLS!!

:worthy: As a UB alum, I was thrilled to hear Gailey say he looks forward to seeing what Namaan will do this year in GAMES!

I think that unless he screws up, Namaan's roster spot is secure in Buffalo ... no speed but hands that catch them all!

GO BILLS ... GO BULLS!!

He's definitely not secure. We have a big number crunch with a couple solid veterans and a LOT of good looking young receivers. We don't know who of the young ones can continue to step up. But Namaan has the coaches attention. That's hard to do.