GM CEO Wants $1 Increase in Gas Tax

2011 Car of the Year. Car of the YEAR, man. Car of the year!

If President BO can't keep giving out $7,000 to every man, woman and sex-texting Congresscritter that wants to buy one of these gems, this is the next best thing. Maybe he can get a nice interest free loan for a few billion dollars from the jug-eared doofus with the $buck a gallon tax they'll be collecting so they can invent more suave autos that no one wants.

Let's see....economy improving leads to higher energy costs which leads to slower economy...yes, Jimmy Carter and Al Gore are right, we need alternative energy sources to create jobs, to have a stronger economy and to stop Global Warming. That's all.

Don't forget higher MPG fuel standards - so we can drive further and feel good about buying more gas.

2011 Car of the Year. Car of the YEAR, man. Car of the year!

If President BO can't keep giving out $7,000 to every man, woman and sex-texting Congresscritter that wants to buy one of these gems, this is the next best thing. Maybe he can get a nice interest free loan for a few billion dollars from the jug-eared doofus with the $buck a gallon tax they'll be collecting so they can invent more suave autos that no one wants.

How are we supposed to power these things without coal plants. Without nuke plants. Maybe the eco activists will get Obama to start a program to put one of those big windmills like the ones through Altamont Pass in every persons back yard.

Edited by Dante

How are we supposed to power these things without coal plants. Without nuke plants. Maybe the eco activists will get Obama to start a program to put one of those big windmills like the ones through Altamont Pass in every persons back yard.

When I point that out, they call me a "global warming denier".

Sick part is that coal is now mined by lopping off mountain tops. Yet nuclear power is bad.

Sick part is that coal is now mined by lopping off mountain tops. Yet nuclear power is bad.

Nuclear power makes mountain tops glow in the dark.

So what's needed is a combination of technologies - chop off the mountain tops for the coal, then they won't glow in the dark from the nuke plants.

When I point that out, they call me a "global warming denier".

I've been called variations on 4-letter words

Even if I do the Devils Advocate thing and concede the climate has changed (to which I add the rider as it has done the last 4.5 billion years) I ask how the Cap and Trade/Carbon Credits scheme will fix the problem.

Global Warming Supporter: Well it will.

/dev/null: How?

Global Warming Supporter: It just will.

Global Warming Supporter: Didn't you see Al Gore's movie?

/dev/null: Yes, his premise is flawed.

Global Warming Supporter: What? How can you say that!

/dev/null: Who is John Galt

Global Warming Supporter: :huh:

So what's needed is a combination of technologies - chop off the mountain tops for the coal, then they won't glow in the dark from the nuke plants.

Must be why Yucca is getting delayed.

Either that, or dirty pool by the ethical administration.

Listening to Adam Carolla the other day he came up with a interesting idea. Using the energy harnessed from pissing in urinals. Kinda like hydro electric power you tinkle into a little turbine thingy that generates power like a hamster running. He was thinking of powering a video game of some sort but I think with enough liquids consumed, a small fridge or maybe even lighting will be possible. Maybe the government can give us beer credits to help generate the excretions necessary to power all!!

Edited by Dante

I've been called variations on 4-letter words

Even if I do the Devils Advocate thing and concede the climate has changed (to which I add the rider as it has done the last 4.5 billion years) I ask how the Cap and Trade/Carbon Credits scheme will fix the problem.

Global Warming Supporter: Well it will.

Global Warming Supporter: It just will.

Global Warming Supporter: Didn't you see Al Gore's movie?

/dev/null: Yes, his premise is flawed.

Global Warming Supporter: What? How can you say that!

/dev/null: Who is John Galt

Global Warming Supporter: :huh: