It's Your Duty

Somehow I'm getting this mental picture of this old washed-up chimpanzee limping out to meet the younger chimps and beating his chest to scare them off. In the meantime they're laughing at him and telling stories about the last time he escaped from the home. The worst part was when he turned away and they got to see how much of an ahole he really had become.

I've got an image of some 70-year old guy who was Canada during 'Nam, but has since seen Gran Torino one too many times and thinks he's the toughest sumbitch on the block.

Because really...when's the last time you heard a combat vet brag about being a combat vet while threatening to kick your ass?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an image of some 70-year old guy who was Canada during 'Nam, but has since seen Gran Torino one too many times and thinks he's the toughest sumbitch on the block.

Because really...when's the last time you heard a combat vet brag about being a combat vet while threatening to kick your ass?

You're a moron Tom. Your pal had attacked me by saying, "I was a scared old man behind a computer" and "That if it were in person" I'd be pissing myself. I brought up my service for my country because it was fitting giving the accusation. With that being said, I have a right to defend myself, my position and my honor if need be. I wasn't threatening, that's where you're very wrong Tom. I was making a statement, that on my worst day I could wipe the floor with scamps like you fellas, now do you have a reading problem or are you really just the type of jackass who likes these types of "battles"?

Sorry to say it fella but I'm not your bed buddy. That was pretty cute with the play on words you just displayed, but men have balls too and they can be cowards. I'm betting you're one of those fellas.

Just out of curiosity, have you read Sun Tzu?

You're a moron Tom. Your pal had attacked me by saying, "I was a scared old man behind a computer" and "That if it were in person" I'd be pissing myself. I brought up my service for my country because it was fitting giving the accusation. With that being said, I have a right to defend myself, my position and my honor if need be. I wasn't threatening, that's where you're very wrong Tom. I was making a statement, that on my worst day I could wipe the floor with scamps like you fellas, now do you have a reading problem or are you really just the type of jackass who likes these types of "battles"?

If you'd ever so much as met a veteran, you'd know they don't act like you do.

Like we've been saying...you're not a very good troll.

7th Marines/2nd Batt.

I am and have always been honored to have serviced my nation, though I do not agree with the reasons we were there my nation called upon me and I did not flee her call. You've joked about duty as if you knew of it in intimate detail, but sadly enough you do not and I can find out with a click of a button. You there fella, a database exists for Veterans to keep in touch with one another and I'm sure your name would be invisible there. This went from being a child's attempt to ruffle the feathers of some "Old Man" who you don't identify with and you never will for that matter. You're not a Man, you're a child hiding behind the words other men have written, you're hiding behind that Flag that I proudly protected for twenty-eight years. Following that I worked for the State Department for another 21 Years, during those 49 years of service to my country I've learned when to write someone off and you friendo have been written off.

Take your liberal, hippie and childish ass off of my lawn

7th Marines/2nd Batt.

I am and have always been honored to have serviced my nation, though I do not agree with the reasons we were there my nation called upon me and I did not flee her call. You've joked about duty as if you knew of it in intimate detail, but sadly enough you do not and I can find out with a click of a button. You there fella, a database exists for Veterans to keep in touch with one another and I'm sure your name would be invisible there. This went from being a child's attempt to ruffle the feathers of some "Old Man" who you don't identify with and you never will for that matter. You're not a Man, you're a child hiding behind the words other men have written, you're hiding behind that Flag that I proudly protected for twenty-eight years. Following that I worked for the State Department for another 21 Years, during those 49 years of service to my country I've learned when to write someone off and you friendo have been written off.

Take your liberal, hippie and childish ass off of my lawn

I know the database exists; I helped write it.

But I rather wish you wouldn't insult the 7th Marines by implying that you're in any way associated with it, poser.

Sure did. I was born a few years before that so I think I have just a bit more PERSONAL knowledge on the matter. Balfour agreement, President Taft's agreement with Ludwig & Otto Wiltz in 1909...the list my friend is quite long.

You know, I'm curious - just a little bit - how you were born in 1943, yet have personal knowledge of the 1915-1930 time period.

You're really not a very good troll.

Young man I had already explained to you the reason behind my knowledge concerning those times, if you go back through this thread you'll find it.

Phew! And I thought I was the one who should have smort term memory loss...

Young man I had already explained to you the reason behind my knowledge concerning those times, if you go back through this thread you'll find it.

Phew! And I thought I was the one who should have smort term memory loss...

Yeah, I saw where you claimed personal knowledge of events in the 1910's and 1920's.

I also saw where you said you were 68 years old.

So which are you lying about? They can't both be true.

You quoted me as saying "you were a scared old man behind a computer and if it were in person you would be pissing yourself". Actually I said that you come on acting like a street thug but if you tried this **** in real life you'd be pissing your pants the first time anyone challenged you". If you are this inaccurate how can we believe anything you post? Boy, you really do remind of that other banned poster.

Yeah, I saw where you claimed personal knowledge of events in the 1910's and 1920's.

I also saw where you said you were 68 years old.

So which are you lying about? They can't both be true.

Haven't you heard of reincarnation? He could have personal knowledge of the events of the early 1900's that way. Maybe he gets his aggressive nature from also having been a samurai in one of his past lives.

PERSONAL in the sense I was alive while it was a topic of conversation in many American households, namely our neighbors The Baum's. My father worked in D.C. for a lobbyist and politics was always a well traveled debate for us growing up. YOUR generation on the other hand listens to whatever charlatan is the flavor os the week for you "Personal" views on pretty much everything, do you know that our schooling in those days wasn't geared towards passing a test so as to get federal aid? That we learned PRACTICAL knowledge that had sustained the engine that drove this nation during it's best years. What have you done Sir? Besides "Trolling" (Not sure if that's a real word, or something that has just entered the English language lately) the forums looking to pick a fight without any real stance other than, "Mama's basement is getting damp".

Run along scamp

Stuckincicncy? Is that you?

DAMN KIDS!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!