Finally!!!

As you hard-core football fans know, like Aaron Maybin before him, there was VERY LITTLE VIDEO of Marcel Dareus in action… even as he was building a great college career at Alabama.

This single fact was the only reservation I had about Dareus being drafted by the Bills, because as you know, seeing is believing and like most of you, I don't easily accept hearsay about a player… I like to see him with my own eyes.

Until my discovery, I kept seeing the same 10 or so plays of Dareus' career played over and over by the media outlets. For such a supposedly great player, there was suspiciously little video of Dareus in existence.

Finally I found a substantial amount of Dareus video… over 100 plays from scrimmage.

This video shows two snaps against Texas in the National Championship Game (which most of us have seen) as well as 23 snaps against Florida, 24 snaps against South Carolina, 25 snaps against LSU, and 11 snaps against Auburn.

http://www.mockdraft...-dareus-profile

Enjoy.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

First thought - um, can we please start football? NOW!?

That was a great watch, I really can't wait to see the impact this guy has on our D! He and Williams are going be a wrecking crew!

A few quick thoughts:

- He seemed to be the first or second guy in a position to make the tackle on a ton of plays

- He can hold and get off of blocks nicely and he handled some of those double teams well

- Bull rush, spin move, inside swim, the kid's got moves

- He can run in space

- Dude's a beast, er, Hulk

I really think that Marcell is going to have a huge impact and turn a weakness (D Line, maybe the D as a whole) into a strength!

Thanks for the offseason pump up. It's a little quiet now while we wait and that just reminded me how much fun this season could be.

I kinda wish M.D. aka hulk was not already talking poo. But he is a boy that might well back it up and then some.

I would at this time like to tell you how delighted i am he landed in our team. When the mocks started he was further back and i felt no way would we draft back to get him and my main thought was was who will trade up so we can pick at 8-10? and would Buddy go for it. i thought for sure no way, but i still thought maybe just maybe.

well on draft evening i was pleased when Cam went at one but just about fell out the chair when i saw Von Miller go at two ( i had decided i could deal with that pick after a lot of talking to myself). and then they called his name.

I would like to take the opportunity to say i told you guys so way back when. But we shall have to see what the kid can do in the NFL and lordy i hope he can stay healthy for us for awhile . say 10- 12 years!

Thanks again S J B F

Thanks SJBF for the link. Great example of what he can do. Some things I noticed in these highlights:

He played a variety of positions and had an impact at each one.

The only time I could see him get pushed back was when he was taking on two guys, and then he only got moved back a yard or two.

He seemed to use leverage wisely along with strength.

He shed blockers pretty well and rather quickly.

He followed through on the plays and pursued from behind several times.

He appears to have good instinct both for the run and the pass.

This guy will be a pro-bowler in a couple of seasons if not right off. With him and Kyle on the line together our defense will readily improve if they stay healthy. We are definitely headed in the right direction on Defense.

Now let's just hope and pray for a quick resolution to the CBA\Lockout or we may not find out until 2012.

Edited by hammie65

GRRRRRRRRRREAT Post!!! One of the plays I really liked was a spin move to pressure the LSU QB in his own endzone. He was 3-4 steps away, but made a great spin move and was on the quarterback "like that." Even though that wasnt a sack, i was really impressed by his awareness of where the QB was and the quickness in which he got to him. Really appreciate the video!

That poor Michigan State QB :lol: He probably had Dareus nightmares for weeks after that game. I also liked what he did against Pouncey. I watched that entire game, and Pouncey simply couldn't handle him one-on one. Even when double teamed with Pouncey and a guard, Dareus was still getting a push into the backfield. I can't wait to see this kid play in a Bills uniform.