DE Hugh Douglas is OURS!!!!

4everBills

He'll sign for a low ball contract with us and add insurance if Schobel leaves and a solid opposite starter now.

We may also sign Doug Johnson

11767[/snapback]

Did he get cut or something?

I don't see them giving up on Kelsay/Denney...just my opinion though.

seriously, I think it would be a great move!

Why not, if he WAS in a funk, he aint worth much coin right now and can come back big as our starter opposite Schobel!

Watched alot of Jags camp coverage, seems to be a loud mouth though, dont know if that fits in our team.

Neither Kelsay or Denney is ready to start, Gildon is a bust.

Makes sense to me as he would be our best option on this squad.

Why not, if he WAS in a funk, he aint worth much coin right now and can come back big as our starter opposite Schobel!

Watched alot of Jags camp coverage, seems to be a loud mouth though, dont know if that fits in our team.

11780[/snapback]

But he's still on Jax...you want to trade for him?

i bet it won't happen. i bet the cards want him. i even doubt the bills would want him. he's not exactly 'high effort'. takes plays off all the time, and generally doesn't care. if he was valuable, why would the eagles have let him go, and why would the jags have cut him when they have NO ONE at DE?

the cards will overpay and get him.

11780[/snapback]

hes just been cut along with D Johnson. Check out there web site

11780[/snapback]

I've got a watch to sell you. Sure it says Brolex, but it's REAL SHINY! :blink:

He'll sign for a low ball contract with us and add insurance if Schobel leaves and a solid opposite starter now.

We may also sign Doug Johnson

11767[/snapback]

I think you're wrong on Douglas,

but Johnson could definitely wind up here.

I'd rather have a Shane Matthews.

but think DJ would be a big improvement over Travis Brown.

But he's still on Jax...you want to trade for him?

11785[/snapback]

You already know these answers, your dislike of the idea is clear.

Douglas was double digits in sacks the 4 of the past 5 years. Eagles would have had to pay HUGE money for Hugh a.l.a. the Jags and didnt want to pay it. They let him go because it isnt as easy as you and many others make it. The guys a star (at least at that point), so he MUST be kept at any cost. Eagles were penny pinchers and didnt pay him.

Yes, he had an off season last year. Thats why he could be a bigtime bargain if he regains his form. If he had gone for another 10+ sacks, the Jags would have kept him and we wouldnt b e talking about this. Facts is, hes out there, we need a solid player opposite Schobel now, and maybe another starter at DE if Schobel isnt re-signed. Adding Douglas is an obvious upgrade to either Kelsay or Denney now. If Schobel leaves, Douglas is one starter and Kelsay or Denney is our other.

I wouldnt go here if we could count on Gildon/Denney/ oro Kelsay. We cant and theres a guy whos one season removed from double digit sacks and can be had for low ball money probably. Sounds like a good logical move.

If you dont like it, fine. But its not totally stupid, there is clear sense to the move.

If Jason Gildon is washed up, then Hugh Douglas' rotting corpse has been decaying on the beach for quite some time now.

11953[/snapback]

Nice take... even for a Pats fan.... ;)

I'm looking at what the Jags have left on the roster at DE. Not impressed. So if they think they can't get anything more out of Douglas (or Brackens, for that matter), why would any other team be able to? :D