One thing i have not seen and definately wanted to see

And no I am NOT calling him a bust....they guy is just LOADED with talent

But given that he didnt wrestle away the starting job last year and all the hype surrounding him when he was drafted.....he fell off the face of the earth after the season.

Why are you not at camp Fitz CJ?

What quest?

And no I am NOT calling him a bust....they guy is just LOADED with talent

But given that he didnt wrestle away the starting job last year and all the hype surrounding him when he was drafted.....he fell off the face of the earth after the season.

Why are you not at camp Fitz CJ?

What the most disappointing part of this was how dominant and explosive he was in the preseason after missing part of camp and a game due to the holdout. It really raised expectations of him becoming the feature back, especially being the starter come week 1 due to injury and suspensions. His inability to earn much playing time, especially after we traded Lynch, was quite the let down. I know it had a lot to do with his blocking ability.

When he came on the field it was easy to defend. It was not in on many passing downs unless it was going to be some short pass to him. His pass blocking was too much of a liability. So when he entered games teams just loaded the box on him (with the exception in 4 wide and such) because it was most likely going to be a run. Add in the inexperience and having to learn how to run in the NFL behind a constantly changing O Line due to injury, and it was a tough year for the kid.

That being said, I agree he is loaded with talent and I fully expect him to be a big factor in both our run game and short passing game this year.

can he even spell "quest"? the possibility exists he's just too dumb to play in the league. not saying that's definitely the case but i would try to keep expectations low for this guy.

When Tony Dorsett of the Dallas Cowboys first took the field he couldn't block worth a damn, and he was told by Tom Landry we can get anybody to run the ball, if you can't block you are worthless.There was talk he wasn't smart enough to assimilate the playbook. It took the guy awhile but he finally got it and became a top RB.

That still holds true for today's RB's even tho its a passing league, a RB needs to be the whole package now. Run routes and know the entire WR tree, know blocking protections, know the O line blocking protections, know how to utilize his blockers....this is why they go to college....

Now I have to question.... is this the coaches inability to teach this kid his job, or the players inability to learn.... because if its the latter it should have been noted by the scouts he had a learning disability.

Wow, at least give him a second year to decide if he is that bad or not. With an offensive line in disarray and a defense that couldn't keep opposing offenses off the field so that our offense didn't have to always play catchup or hold on for dear life, it's not surprising his rookie year was unspectacular. Chan himself said part of it was his fault for the way he used Spiller (and he called last year a "getting to know you" year for everyone. If they work on his ball control and blocking and the team as a whole does better this year, Spiller will very possibly contribute much more this season than anyone expects.

The fact is, all of last years rookies will have to make a marked improvement in their play in order for the Bills to start winning more games. If they don't, we'll face another long losing season. I think they will and look forward to seeing how it all goes.

Let's just hope he's learned to understand the plays when Fitz vocalizes them in the huddle. It was absolutely amazing to hear that halfway through the season he still didn't "get it" when Fitz relayed the play in the huddle.