Can you imagine Michael Jasper on Special Teams?

Late December, 2004, Cincinnati.

A close game becomes a blowout largely due to the play of an undrafted rookie tight end from the Buffalo Bills

His name? Jason Peters. 6 ft 4½ 328 lb 4.93 40 time, 29 inch Vertical, 9 ft 7 in Broad Jump, 21 rep 225 bench Press

On Special teams he first made his mark - blocking punts and blowing apart opposing team wedges. Eventually he became a pro bowl offensive tackle.

Enter, stage left, Nose Tackle/Offensive Tackle Michael Jasper.

6 ft 4½ 373 lb 5.38 40 time, 32 inch Vertical, 9 ft 5 in Broad Jump, 34 rep 225 Bench Press

The similarities are in height and broad jump. Peters was faster but Jasper is much stronger, heavier, and can leap a lot higher and is a lot smarter.

Now picture Jasper lining up as the lead man in the new two man wedge on kickoff returns. Pain.

Put him over the long snapper on punts and field goals - push forward and jump high and extend. Hmmmmmmmm

Oh God - let him make the team.....please.

Interesting. I thought that Peters would have had a better VJ than that and would have benched 225# more than 21 times. And if Jasper could get down to 328#, it wouldn't put it past him to run a sub-5.0 40-yard.

A close game becomes a blowout largely due to the play of an undrafted rookie tight end from the Buffalo Bills

His name? Jason Peters. 6 ft 4½ 328 lb 4.93 40 time, 29 inch Vertical, 9 ft 7 in Broad Jump, 21 rep 225 bench Press

On Special teams he first made his mark - blocking punts and blowing apart opposing team wedges. Eventually he became a pro bowl offensive tackle.

6 ft 4½ 373 lb 5.38 40 time, 32 inch Vertical, 9 ft 5 in Broad Jump, 34 rep 225 Bench Press

The similarities are in height and broad jump. Peters was faster but Jasper is much stronger, heavier, and can leap a lot higher and is a lot smarter.

Now picture Jasper lining up as the lead man in the new two man wedge on kickoff returns. Pain.

Put him over the long snapper on punts and field goals - push forward and jump high and extend. Hmmmmmmmm

/quote]

Edited by garchat80

I thought starting this season there were no wedge's of any form

what i would like to see even more than him on special teams is watch him make Tom Brady explode by crushing him

I see the BJ rule now - when B (rady) is on the field, J (asper) is not allowed to touch him.

I'd be willing to deal with the 15 yard penalty. Yup

Oh, he'll make the team. Say goodbye to Spencer Johnson and/or John McCargo.

from your "mouth" to God's ears, Doc!

Practice squad player all the way.

If he shows anything in the preseason, I think they'll keep him on the roster.

I could be caught up in the hype but I know he's generated a ton of fan interest and the Bills seem quite happy with the pick…the Practice Squad would not be a safe haven for a diamond-in-the-rough like Jasper.

Also, the new CBA is speculated to include an increased roster size, so there's that too.

I could be caught up in the hype but I know he's generated a ton of fan interest and the Bills seem quite happy with the pick…the Practice Squad would not be a safe haven for a diamond-in-the-rough like Jasper.

Also, the new CBA is speculated to include an increased roster size, so there's that too.

Why risk losing him on the PS.

I'd use him like "The Fridge" and lead block on the goal line for Spiller and Freddy !

He needs a nickname if he doesnt have one.

In Jasper, Alberta there sure are a lot of moose..........

Why risk losing him on the PS.

Uh yeah. That's what I just said.