This front 7 could be something special...

This statement should have been written Poz is always hurt, Merriman has run into recent injury trouble, Moats will play

why is no one talking about Edwards on the line...this guy I thought was exceptional last year until his injury (as in he didn't make too many mistakes and was a big part of Williams playing well)

A line of Edwards-Williams-Darreus... Yeah thats about 85-90% of being good 50-60% chance of being Star 25-35% chance of being Elite

Our secondary was ranked 3rd last year, even though Whitner can't cover TE's to save his life

All of the Merriman haters...nothing has been proven that he is not an upgrade to our LBs now so how can you state that he is a big if...he seems like he is ready to play and we all know that he can play full seasons...he has plenty to prove adn a huge chip on his shoulder for a 26 year old...let's put it this way week one his jersey goes on back order

not sure why you mentioned our secondary was 3rd....when every team pounded the ball down our throats all season. No need to pass vs our defense.

Gailey is on record saying Chris Hariston is the possible RT...Nix mentioned Jasper as NT...However, he is athletic enough to do the job!--but, it depends...Id like to see him used on goal line carries! *dreams*

i was thinking the same thing!! maybe even as a fullback...he's got experience playing offensive line.

id like to see him mauling people over. what we call him if he does run the ball. the fridge was already

taken, and a little bit of an understatement for a guy that is the size of two fridges.

"the kitchen"

This statement should have been written Poz is always hurt, Merriman has run into recent injury trouble, Moats will play

why is no one talking about Edwards on the line...this guy I thought was exceptional last year until his injury (as in he didn't make too many mistakes and was a big part of Williams playing well)

A line of Edwards-Williams-Darreus... Yeah thats about 85-90% of being good 50-60% chance of being Star 25-35% chance of being Elite

Our secondary was ranked 3rd last year, even though Whitner can't cover TE's to save his life

All of the Merriman haters...nothing has been proven that he is not an upgrade to our LBs now so how can you state that he is a big if...he seems like he is ready to play and we all know that he can play full seasons...he has plenty to prove adn a huge chip on his shoulder for a 26 year old...let's put it this way week one his jersey goes on back order

They mentioned the Bills being third in the league in passing yards allowed during the draft. This stat is very misleading due to the fact that we couldn't stop the run...not much passing was going on

We have grabbed one starter for sure, we might have 3 after camp. But now we have some rotational and situational lineman that give us alot of options. We can say the same with defensive backs and LBs. Edwards will need to shine this year.

we needed depth and we got some thank goodness. Remember these 4-7 drafts are coming in to learn about the NFL on the ground. That is where the character comes into play. We did draft boys that if they can succeed they will. with Carrington Troup Moats developing i think we are just getting stronger and more flexible. all the naysayers really should go find another team to B word about.

edwards troupe dareus should be something to see. Cant wait for FA and then training camp to see what we really have.

I don't think Troup is getting enough respect. He is reportedly working his butt off and

says he is up to 327lbs of pretty solid muscle (saw his twitter pic). I like Troup's effort,

work-ethic and intensity. I don't think you can write the guy off because he wasn't a

full-time starter as a rookie. Many interior DL take a few years to get stronger and

learn to play NFL techniques.

Hey, didn't you know that according to several posters on this board, the Bills are supposed to pick first round starters in all seven rounds of the draft and each one must contribute right away? Thus explains the projections for Jasper.

Seriously though, he is an interesting prospect who may eventually end up being that late round steal of the year but I agree it is way too early to predict what any of the picks will perform like. There's tons of work left to do and we still need a CBA and free agency. If we get these early enough and we get a few wise FA signings then I will be a little more at ease with the "enthusiastic" optimism.

One step at a time please, one step at a time, and as long as the steps are in the right direction.

P.S. Merriman and a couple of others are unproven, wait and see guys and it could go either good or bad.

Agreed, some folks' expectations of rookies are way out of touch with reality. Charley Casserly did a study

recently looking at the drafts of the previous 10 years. With a successful draft pick defined as someone who

is starting 4 years after his selection, Casserly said the success rate by round was:

1st round: 75% probability of success

2nd round: 50% probability of success

3rd round: 25%

and it goes down significantly from there.

There is also a contingent of folks who don't seem to understand that the team didn't have an infinite number

of draft picks. The didn't pick a QB, they didn't pick any OLBs,....

this really hinges on merriman. we are overrating several and discounting others. I think we have gotten to serviceable, and if merriman plays well we could be above average.

DLINE

dwan edwards is an average to above average starter that i like

KW is good - not as stout as we could hope, but above average

Marcell is a bit of a wild card. We hope he is amazing. odds are he is average to slightly above in his first year, with probowl potential later but.... its a roll of the dice

Backups - Troup and carrington are huge question marks. spencer johnson is meh. Jasper will be lucky to make the team yet alone get a single snap. he could be great someday, but expect it to follow the peters model of taking a couple years to get real reps.

LBers

Merriman - who the heck knows

moats -- showed some instincts, poooor against the run, ok rusher, didnt get a great read on his coverage. average at best.

kelsey -- shudder.

poz -- free agent, injury issues, average to above average starter IF he even plays

sheppard -- third round rookie, does he get starter reps early? if he does he will be exceeding expectations of everyone but this board and his mom.

davis -- average, probably underrated by our fans.

batten -- probably one of the most overrated guys on the team - why? cause he hasnt had a chance to let us down yet. all we have is team reports that hes awesome!

If everyone hits their full potential, then we could be upper echelon, but even then im not saying ELITE. i think we will be serviceable and because we are not used to it, fans will be overly excited. id compare my expectations of the front 7 to my expectations of fitz. itll flash, it wont totally screw things up, but its not a position of strength, and no superbowl contender would trade their situation for ours.... but it wont be embarassing. thats a big step.

Edited by NoSaint

this really hinges on merriman. we are overrating several and discounting others. I think we have gotten to serviceable, and if merriman plays well we could be above average.

DLINE

dwan edwards is an average to above average starter that i like

KW is good - not as stout as we could hope, but above average

Marcell is a bit of a wild card. We hope he is amazing. odds are he is average to slightly above in his first year, with probowl potential later but.... its a roll of the dice

Backups - Troup and carrington are huge question marks. spencer johnson is meh. Jasper will be lucky to make the team yet alone get a single snap. he could be great someday, but expect it to follow the peters model of taking a couple years to get real reps.

LBers

Merriman - who the heck knows

moats -- showed some instincts, poooor against the run, ok rusher, didnt get a great read on his coverage. average at best.

kelsey -- shudder.

poz -- free agent, injury issues, average to above average starter IF he even plays

sheppard -- third round rookie, does he get starter reps early? if he does he will be exceeding expectations of everyone but this board and his mom.

davis -- average, probably underrated by our fans.

batten -- probably one of the most overrated guys on the team - why? cause he hasnt had a chance to let us down yet. all we have is team reports that hes awesome!

If everyone hits their full potential, then we could be upper echelon, but even then im not saying ELITE. i think we will be serviceable and because we are not used to it, fans will be overly excited. id compare my expectations of the front 7 to my expectations of fitz. itll flash, it wont totally screw things up, but its not a position of strength, and no superbowl contender would trade their situation for ours.... but it wont be embarassing. thats a big step.

I agree with everything you said here.

Edited by McClane