OT: COWARDS!

Mediaman

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Darin, you say you carry your Pistol with you? Is that common in Alaska? (I'm not being a smart ass, Im really wondering). Also, do you need different licenses to own a rifle vs a pistol vs a concealed pistol?

164787[/snapback]

Is it common? Probably more so than in most blue states, though I have no idea what percentage it is. I'm sure it's much more prevalent the further you get out of town (for obvious reasons). In Alaska you don't need a permit to carry concealed or to buy (though the permit is available so you can benefit from reciprocity laws in other states), but you need to be very familiar with the law.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine was nearly a victim of a car jacking. He simply grabbed his pistol and showed it to the 2 perps and they ran away like scalded dogs.

without stab wounds and SEVERE EMOTIONAL TRAUMA FOR LIFE!

164797[/snapback]

Oh yeah! The little girl, who no matter what will be scarred from this (just from being attacked in the first few seconds) would be ALOT better off if she saw mommy put a buttet in two men and watch the bleed to death on the ground.

Please...

Yes, she got stabbed, and YES, THAT IS AWFUL, but adding a gun to this situation doesnt make that go away.

To me... Such technology sounds awesome and I would be an ardent supporter of stuff like that.

Also... By stating this... You just invited AD into a "pissing contest"... :o

164796[/snapback]

You're right. I don't believe in that technology because it's not fool proof. I'm not leaving my safety or that of my family to some friggin' Dexter out there. Raise your kids the right way and it won't be an issue.

You're right.  I don't believe in that technology because it's not fool proof.  I'm not leaving my safety or that of my family to some friggin' Dexter out there.  Raise your kids the right way and it won't be an issue.

164811[/snapback]

Exactly! But, you know some will make that mistake. It does sound promising.

Oh yeah! The little girl, who no matter what will be scarred from this (just from being attacked in the first few seconds) would be ALOT better off if she saw mommy put a buttet in two men and watch the bleed to death on the ground.

Please...

Yes, she got stabbed, and YES, THAT IS AWFUL, but adding a gun to this situation doesnt make that go away.

164806[/snapback]

A buttet?

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine was nearly a victim of a car jacking.  He simply grabbed his pistol and showed it to the 2 perps and they ran away like scalded dogs.

164804[/snapback]

See, my only problem with that is, I think I would give them the car. Why? Because what if after i show my gun, each of them show theirs? ...

i don't know..

Please...

164806[/snapback]

A child who watches her mother successfully defend her from an attack will be LESS scarred than a child who watches her mother stand helpless while she (the child, that is) gets stabbed.

I'm not arguing the validity of an amendment of the United States Constitution here, but is that really a document from God?

163265[/snapback]

I'm not arguing the validity of religion, but is there really a God?

Oh.  I thought it was some kind of French anal device.  I don't get out much.

164836[/snapback]

Which must mean that...you only use a domestically made version! :o