All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK Enough with the reposting of this SAME thread…. you got your opinion out, with feedback now let's move on….

Why are you even on the thread if it bothers you so much? There are a 100 of other treads that can irritate just as easily.

I don't like Newton :thumbsup:

At this point I am more anti-Von Miller then I am against Blam Schmooton.

I really hope Von Miller gets his leg broke and doesn't play a down...that way the idiot can see that the NFL is just a business. I am dead serious about this. I am probably the last of the people in this world to wish anyone bad karma but this is BS. Whats worse, any of the players who go to the NFL draft will be the ones that players will go after. According to Sirius NFL Von Miller was quoted saying that he is trying to keep all draft prospects from the draft and that they have to think about their future with the league and not just this one day...right, Von, just one day where you happen to get drafted in to the most successful sport in the World.

I really hope Von Miller gets his leg broke and doesn't play a down...that way the idiot can see that the NFL is just a business. I am dead serious about this. I am probably the last of the people in this world to wish anyone bad karma but this is BS. Whats worse, any of the players who go to the NFL draft will be the ones that players will go after. According to Sirius NFL Von Miller was quoted saying that he is trying to keep all draft prospects from the draft and that they have to think about their future with the league and not just this one day...right, Von, just one day where you happen to get drafted in to the most successful sport in the World.

Says a lot about you as a person when you wish physical harm on a 20 year old kid caught up in 9 billion dollar fight.

American football is the most successful sport in the WORLD?

I'll let you think about that for a moment. Not baseball, or soccer, or golf even. AMERICAN football is the most successful sport in the world? Such a typical American thing to say. :wallbash:

Who cares what he says. What athlete/celebrity hasn't said something stupid in his career? I'd take Vonn Miller over Newton any day of the week.

Edited by DreReed83

American football is the most successful sport in the WORLD?

I'll let you think about that for a moment. Not baseball, or soccer, or golf even. AMERICAN football is the most successful sport in the world? Such a typical American thing to say. :wallbash:

Who cares what he says. What athlete/celebrity hasn't said something stupid in his career? I'd take Vonn Miller over Newton any day of the week.

Other than Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I agree 110%.

Other than Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I agree 110%.

Are you agreeing that American Football is not the most successful in the world or saying it is?

Why it is successful is because it seems like the NFL has kept the payroll to a minimum, maximized income streams from TV and endorsements, garners more attention in the off season then any other sport does, and on top of all that it is not cross-country kickball which is also called soccer.

We may know who Tiger Woods and A-Rod are, or even LeBron James; beyond those people and the top celebs in the game I do think the American public knows more about any other sport then it does football. Basketball, baseball and golf are all simplistic sports - ball in the hole or over the fence. Baseball is on the line of football with complication but most people never understand the strategy of it like they do football. Football is a very easy to follow sport. Get the ball to the end zone, or get it 10 yards, kick it here, run it there...etc. The NFL is the most successful franchise in the world.

Are you agreeing that American Football is not the most successful in the world or saying it is?

Why it is successful is because it seems like the NFL has kept the payroll to a minimum, maximized income streams from TV and endorsements, garners more attention in the off season then any other sport does, and on top of all that it is not cross-country kickball which is also called soccer.

We may know who Tiger Woods and A-Rod are, or even LeBron James; beyond those people and the top celebs in the game I do think the American public knows more about any other sport then it does football. Basketball, baseball and golf are all simplistic sports - ball in the hole or over the fence. Baseball is on the line of football with complication but most people never understand the strategy of it like they do football. Football is a very easy to follow sport. Get the ball to the end zone, or get it 10 yards, kick it here, run it there...etc. The NFL is the most successful franchise in the world.

Based off of what?

Based off of what?

Well ABC/ESPN Univision payed less than a Billion for the TV rights for the World Cup.

And pay more than that for Monday night football. Which doesn't include CBS, NBC, and FOX' contracts.

And the best I can tell it's only 2.7 pounds over a few years for the British Premier league TV rights, La Liga is less than a Billion a year so I'm thinking they be on to something because I doubt all the 3rd world leagues would make up the difference.

There is certaintly more eye balls on Soccer but there might be more £s or $s or €s behind Futbol Americano

Edited by Why So Serious?

Well ABC/ESPN Univision payed less than a Billion for the TV rights for the World Cup.

And pay more than that for Monday night football. Which doesn't include CBS, NBC, and FOX' contracts.

And the best I can tell it's only 2.7 pounds over a few years for the British Premier league TV rights, La Liga is less than a Billion a year so I'm thinking they be on to something because I doubt all the 3rd world leagues would make up the difference.

There is certaintly more eye balls on Soccer but there might be more £s or $s or €s behind Futbol Americano

So Manchester United is the biggest and most popular sports franchise in the WORLD. Estimated at almost 2 billion dollars. Soccer also has the largest fan base in the world. I base popularity of sports off of fan base and not revenue. If you look at sports fans from around the world, which sport gets more pub than any other sport? Soccer. The reason the NFL makes so much money is because of advertising. If you think about all those commercials in an NFL game and how much they make off of commercials. it is estimated that one second will cost a little over one hundred thousand dollars. For a thirty second ad, just do the math. How much money does the NFL gain in the Super Bowl just off of commercials?

You can't BUY popularity. Man U fans would make Steeler fans look like a bunch of nobodies.

So Manchester United is the biggest and most popular sports franchise in the WORLD. Estimated at almost 2 billion dollars. Soccer also has the largest fan base in the world. I base popularity of sports off of fan base and not revenue. If you look at sports fans from around the world, which sport gets more pub than any other sport? Soccer. The reason the NFL makes so much money is because of advertising. If you think about all those commercials in an NFL game and how much they make off of commercials. it is estimated that one second will cost a little over one hundred thousand dollars. For a thirty second ad, just do the math. How much money does the NFL gain in the Super Bowl just off of commercials?

You can't BUY popularity. Man U fans would make Steeler fans look like a bunch of nobodies.

I was talking sports franchises as a whole, the league in which they are in...not the individual teams. No doubtly Man U, the Yankees, Real Madrid, the Cowgirls, Lakers, and Tiger Woods are the most known in their fields but I do not see other sports as profitable and as successful as the NFL and do not know how anyone could. It isn't dumb american ignorance.

I was talking sports franchises as a whole, the league in which they are in...not the individual teams. No doubtly Man U, the Yankees, Real Madrid, the Cowgirls, Lakers, and Tiger Woods are the most known in their fields but I do not see other sports as profitable and as successful as the NFL and do not know how anyone could. It isn't dumb american ignorance.

I think the core of your disagreement here comes down to semantics. Where you refer to the NFL as a "sport", not a "league".

I think its safe to say that Soccer is the most successful sport as a whole, but the NFL is the most successful league. At that point, you have to compare the NFL to Soccer's biggest league, and Im not sure what that is. Premier League? If so, what are Premier League's financials? Is it a multi-billion dollar corporation like the NFL? I honestly do not know.

I think the core of your disagreement here comes down to semantics. Where you refer to the NFL as a "sport", not a "league".

I think its safe to say that Soccer is the most successful sport as a whole, but the NFL is the most successful league. At that point, you have to compare the NFL to Soccer's biggest league, and Im not sure what that is. Premier League? If so, what are Premier League's financials? Is it a multi-billion dollar corporation like the NFL? I honestly do not know.

I call is sport because the NFL is a sport, but as an organization, a league, yes...that's what I mean.

The Premier league is elluding since it eliminates weaker teams and regulates them to the "minors." It is apples and oranges, but it would be like taking the AFL and CFL and using them with the NFL. Regulate weaker AFC teams to the AFL and NFC teams to the CFL and that's the premier league. It is a lot different but I do not feel as successul as a whole to what the NFL does in this country and worldwide. I think professional soccer has reached its potential, quite frankly, while the NFL is growing.

Remember about a dozen years ago when entire parks were being made with 100 soccer fields on them? Now-a-days those very parks are empty. It is a tragedy. Soccer is a great youth sport to get the fatty kids working out instead of sitting inside on xbox or playstation360.

Blaine Gabbert is a better qB prospect, he can read a Defense and THROW the football.

But not that well beyond 15-20 yards, which is my concern with him. I think Newton would be a better fit in Gailey's system but has just as many, if not more, of a downside then Gabbert. Newton, though, has a better upside IF he succeeds. Between the two of them, combine them and you'd have a good QB worthy of a first round pick.

Blaine Gabbert is a better qB prospect, he can read a Defense and THROW the football.

How exactly do you know he can read a defense? Please elaborate because I can give you better college stats that Newton has to say other wise. You can't say either one can read a defense because NOBODY KNOWS. And seriously he can't throw better than Newton to be honest Mallet throws better than both #beclear...

But not that well beyond 15-20 yards, which is my concern with him. I think Newton would be a better fit in Gailey's system but has just as many, if not more, of a downside then Gabbert. Newton, though, has a better upside IF he succeeds. Between the two of them, combine them and you'd have a good QB worthy of a first round pick.

I think the world just blew up (that or Team Newton is wearin you down LOL :thumbsup: ) because I agree with this statement. Gabbert wouldn't be in this conversation if Luck would have declared because dude is a nobody. I'd pick Locker or Mallet over him because he just appeared kinda like Losman did. I had no clue who JP was but everyone compared him to Brett Farve. I just knew he was going to fail but I liked Trent and look how that turned out. Even tho JP was the worst of the two but thats like saying im allergic to fish but im a eat this shrimp, either one may kill you...