Bang the Table

We have a glut of receivers. Marcus Easley ring a bell? Drafting a WR, no matter how good, is the definition of a luxury pick that we can't afford.

PTR

Just my opinion, but Easly is a hope and a prayer and should not be a reason that the Bills don't draft another WR. He was a 4th round pick

with good athletic ability and very little college production. Him being on the roster should have ZERO impact on whether the Bills take

another WR.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans, AJ Green, and Stevie Johnson would be a great trio. Nelson, Easley, whatever. Those guys are nothing noteworthy.

I read right at this very board two years ago that TO and Lee Evans would be the best WR tandem in the league. Turned out that TO added little to the overall performance of the offense--and he's a first ballot HOF'er, certainly better then AJ Green, no?

No he doesn't, guess I missed all the plays he made last year. My point being, if the Bills think that AJ Green is an elite WR, they shouldn't let a 4th round WR who played zero plays last year curtail that selection.

Just my opinion, but Easly is a hope and a prayer and should not be a reason that the Bills don't draft another WR. He was a 4th round pick

with good athletic ability and very little college production. Him being on the roster should have ZERO impact on whether the Bills take

another WR.

What you both are really saying is "I forgot the buzz this Easley kid generated before his injury." True he hasn't made a play in the NFL but neither has AJ Green, yet you'll gladly make the leap that he's a guaranteed all-pro. Meanwhile our defense needs help in the worst way. We have Easley. Why do we need to draft yet another WR???

PTR

What you both are really saying is "I forgot the buzz this Easley kid generated before his injury." True he hasn't made a play in the NFL but neither has AJ Green, yet you'll gladly make the leap that he's a guaranteed all-pro. Meanwhile our defense needs help in the worst way. We have Easley. Why do we need to draft yet another WR???

PTR

Aj Green is shiny and new

Aj Green is shiny and new

No, AJ Green is the scouts consensus top wr in the draft and according to some scouts the best player. He has the potential to be an all pro such as Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. He would immediately make our offense just as much better as dareus or miller would make our defense. I'm not saying I want green, I want miller or dareus, but i do see the upside in drafting an elite wr.

No, AJ Green is the scouts consensus top wr in the draft and according to some scouts the best player. He has the potential to be an all pro such as Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. He would immediately make our offense just as much better as dareus or miller would make our defense. I'm not saying I want green, I want miller or dareus, but i do see the upside in drafting an elite wr.

Right...New and Shiny :)

Green would make our middle-of-the-pack offense a little better. Meanwhile our worst-in-the-NFL defense would remain.

PTR

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/60103?campaign=Twitter_draft

Pick No.1

CAR

Cam Newton

QB

Auburn

This is a tough one for me. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of a quarterback for the last three months. The Panthers took Jimmy Clausen a year ago in the second round, so by taking one here they're admitting a mistake. But if you don’t have a franchise guy, you can’t compete. Newton can run, he can pass. They’re going to have to protect him early by running the ball and playing good defense. They want to build the offense around his talents.

Pick No.2

DEN

Von Miller

LB

Texas A&M

Everyone thinks this pick will be Marcell Dareus, but look at the big picture for the Broncos. Defensive tackle is a strength of this draft, so the Broncos take Miller, the best edge rusher, and then come back and get a defensive tackle with their next pick.

Pick No.3

BUF

Marcell Dareus

DT

Alabama

With everyone thinking Miller would go to Buffalo, what are the Bills going to do? They go Dareus, a scheme-diverse guy who can play all three spots in the 3-4 front. My favorite player in the draft.

Name me teams that take WR's VERY early and are successful long term....SAY NO to AJ Green please!!!

I think Arizona is happy with Larry, Houston is happy with Andre, and Detroit is happy with Calvin. They were all selected in the top 5, right?

And with that said, I hope the Bills don't take A.J. tomorrow night!

I agree

I'm not advocating that the Bills pass on Darius or Von Miller, but if its a worst case scenario where Carolina takes Darius, Denver takes Miller and its a choice between Patrick Peterson or AJ Green I don't care which they take as long as they take one of those two. I can see AJ Green having a huge impact on the offense tho. Think a "New & Shiny" version of Randy Moss with no baggage. :D

I agree

I'm not advocating that the Bills pass on Darius or Von Miller, but if its a worst case scenario where Carolina takes Darius, Denver takes Miller and its a choice between Patrick Peterson or AJ Green I don't care which they take as long as they take one of those two. I can see AJ Green having a huge impact on the offense tho. Think a "New & Shiny" version of Randy Moss with no baggage. :D

No, if that happens we trade down and grab Cam Jordan.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I get it. Some of you think the draft should be the search for short term solutions. If Darius is gone, and we pick AJ Green then what? No Super Bowl this year? I already figured that out. You guys rarely ever consider that you have that player for at least the duration of there rookie contract. It will take more than this offseason to adequately address all the team needs. The question is why does the defense have to be FIXED first at the cost of getting elite talent at another position if we all agree that the team lacks elite talent EVERYWHERE and a Championship is a tad unlikely this season.

I get it. Some of you think the draft should be the search for short term solutions. If Darius is gone, and we pick AJ Green then what? No Super Bowl this year? I already figured that out. You guys rarely ever consider that you have that player for at least the duration of there rookie contract. It will take more than this offseason to adequately address all the team needs. The question is why does the defense have to be FIXED first at the cost of getting elite talent at another position if we all agree that the team lacks elite talent EVERYWHERE and a Championship is a tad unlikely this season.

Here is why. The Bills have consistently ignored the defense in the draft, our picked badly. Now we have a defense in desperate shape. Yet people still want to waste a top pick on one of the few positions the Bills are set at. Whatever.

PTR