Inground Pool Liner

Gordio

Okay, so this weekend I decided to lift my cover off my pool. (I know the weather sucks but I am just sick of looking at it). When I pulled it off I looked down and the linar was off the tracks on the deep end & of the track on the shallow end & there was alot of water behind the linar & it was bubbled all around. So I call Majestic & the guy tells me they maybe could fix it he have to take a look at it. So I ask him if I need a new linar what am I looking at? He has my pool on file(they put it in) so he tells me $3,600. So now I am pissed. Then I start thinking maybe I could claim this under my homeowners. I called the lady at my insurance company today & explained what happened. I also said it was caused by excessive ice. She said she would put the claim in & call me back. Just wondering if anybody ever tried putting this under their homeowners & if so were you successfull. I have a $500 deductible but that sure as hell beats paying the full amount.

Edited by Gordio

Okay, so this weekend I decided to lift my cover off my pool. (I know the weather sucks but I am just sick of looking at it). When I pulled it off I looked down and the linar was off the tracks on the deep end & of the track on the shallow end & there was alot of water behind the linar & it was bubbled all around. So I call Majestic & the guy tells me they maybe could fix it he have to take a look at it. So I ask him if I need a new linar what am I looking at? He has my pool on file(they put it in) so he tells me $3,600. So now I am pissed. Then I start thinking maybe I could claim this under my homeowners. I called the lady at my insurance company today & explained what happened. I also said it was caused by excessive ice. She said she would put the claim in & call me back. Just wondering if anybody ever tried putting this under their homeowners & if so were you successfull. I have a $500 deductible but that sure as hell beats paying the full amount.

how old is your pool? first thing i would do is get a second quote and opinion from another pool company. was the installation faulty? don't know anything about pools but this seems the logical (and free) next step.

Gordio,

Don't freak out, this happens to me just about every year. It's either hydraulic pressure from the groundwater or ice in the seam that pops the liner out. If your liner isn't too old they should be able to pop it back in once it warms up a bit. It may require you to actually drain the pool so they can put a vacuum in between the liner and frame and draw out any air, then they just pop it back in. This happened to me last year when about 1/4 of the deep end came out. If your liner is really old though it might be brittle and if that's the case it's another world of problems.

This year it looks like I only lost a foot or so in the shallow end.

curious on the answers on this as well....a very small portion of of my liner on the deep end looks like it popped off.

Thanks for the information Mike.

John, I had the adjuster come over to take a look at it yesterday. It looks like I am going to be able to claim this on my homeowners. My liner is almost 15 years old so as long as the homeowners is covering it I would just rather have them put a new liner in & not have to worry about it for awhile. I will let you know if I run into any problems but from the estimate they wanted $3,600 for the liner/installation. My pool is oval & it is 16x36.

curious on the answers on this as well....a very small portion of of my liner on the deep end looks like it popped off.

I get about a 6 inch portion of my liner that pops out every now and then, I just pop it back in myself. The first time it happened, I had the pool company come in and do it. They were here for approximately 45 seconds and it cost me $100.