Sabres/Flyers game 4

Buftex

It was entirely Myers. I'm still not sure if JVR didn't put that shot entirely too high on his own and it was going to miss the net anyway.

It tipped off Myers stick and then hit the crossbar, if not for Myers it's a goal for sure. Myers came back pretty strong this game, definitely played with an edge last night, he was getting some shots in, love the way he wiped out Richards towards the end of the game. He was pretty bad the past couple games, but so have most of the Sabres D.

The point has been a big issue for the PP, they just can't seem to get a shot through from the point. I have never seen a team completely shut down from outside shots as bad as the Sabres were last night. But winning is all that matters, it's 2-2 and a best of 3 series. The Sabres have been winning must win games for the past month, let's hope they continue Friday....GO SABRES!!!!

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the 'bench Miller' crowd tonight? :lol:

I'm here. He played well, no question. His forte is being steady and cutting down angles. He got much better help in front- though we still struggle to clear the zone.. Briere all alone in front?? Miller came out to cut down the angles, stayed steady and Danny fired it into his glove.

IMO, he's not consistent enough. If he decides to take another 2 game hiatus, he'll have a Monday morning Tee time..

Odd series so far. If we shut them out, we win (obviously). If they score, we lose..

:censored::wallbash: So I wait around until 9:30 to see the game 'in progress'. The Rangers/Caps go into OVERTIME!!!! Thank you versus for the tease, the game was listed to be on in it's entirety, but noooooooooooo you decide to put the friggen Rangers on. Bite me.

It tipped off Myers stick and then hit the crossbar, if not for Myers it's a goal for sure. Myers came back pretty strong this game, definitely played with an edge last night, he was getting some shots in, love the way he wiped out Richards towards the end of the game. He was pretty bad the past couple games, but so have most of the Sabres D.

The point has been a big issue for the PP, they just can't seem to get a shot through from the point. I have never seen a team completely shut down from outside shots as bad as the Sabres were last night. But winning is all that matters, it's 2-2 and a best of 3 series. The Sabres have been winning must win games for the past month, let's hope they continue Friday....GO SABRES!!!!

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm here. He played well, no question. His forte is being steady and cutting down angles. He got much better help in front- though we still struggle to clear the zone.. Briere all alone in front?? Miller came out to cut down the angles, stayed steady and Danny fired it into his glove.

IMO, he's not consistent enough. If he decides to take another 2 game hiatus, he'll have a Monday morning Tee time..

Odd series so far. If we shut them out, we win (obviously). If they score, we lose..

Wow. I'm impressed that you showed your face in another thread after the complete and utter embarrassment you suffered in the last Miller thread.

Will the real Ryan Miller please stand up? He's like a schizoid...either craptastic or brilliant!

Yup. Miller was certainly craptastic in game 3 when the D hung him out to dry on 2 of the 3 goals, and the 3rd came off of a goofy bounce.

Edited by Ramius

Wow. I'm impressed that you showed your face in another thread after the complete and utter embarrassment you suffered in the last Miller thread.

Yup. Miller was certainly craptastic in game 3 when the D hung him out to dry on 2 of the 3 goals, and the 3rd came off of a goofy bounce.

The Sabres defense is good for 3-4 complete mind-eff moments a game in this series.

And I've never seen a team have a harder time clearing a puck.

The Sabres defense is good for 3-4 complete mind-eff moments a game in this series.

You see this. I see this. 99% of Sabres fans see this. The anti-Miller crowd apparently misses this fact. Miller bails out the D, and has bailed them out in the past so many times its unbelieveable.

Here comes the cavalry :rolleyes:

How about game 2?

Yet, even with game 2 in the mix, Miller is 5th out of 16 playoff goalies in playoff GAA with 2.02.

The reason you make yourself look like an idiot is because you think game 2 is the typical Ryan Miller, while the rest of the hockey-watching population in north america and Europe (chandler#81 excluded) understands that was an aberration, or a bad game, like all goalies have.

Edited by Ramius

:censored::wallbash: So I wait around until 9:30 to see the game 'in progress'. The Rangers/Caps go into OVERTIME!!!! Thank you versus for the tease, the game was listed to be on in it's entirety, but noooooooooooo you decide to put the friggen Rangers on. Bite me.

dib, dib, dib...didn't you read the OP?

btw- none of the other games in this series will be on Versus, either, unless another series ends...

Funny, watching the Philly broadcast of the game last night (thanks TW Center Ice!), Bill Clements, doing the color, said the Sabres "weren't even trying to clear the puck anymore" :w00t: I don't know if my heart can take another period like the third, last night...

Edited by Buftex

Funny, watching the Philly broadcast of the game last night (thanks TW Center Ice!), Bill Clements, doing the color, said the Sabres "weren't even trying to clear the puck anymore" :w00t: I don't know if my heart can take another period like the third, last night...

Oooh, the Philly broadcast team - their pbp guy is the most pathetic homer in the history of sporting events, ever. I want to stab my ears out. There's never been a legit penalty on the Flyers, ever. Lindy's complaining this time of year got old for me a while ago, but he's totally on point about the Flyers being a bunch of pathetic crybaby whiners. God I hate them so much.

Yet, even with game 2 in the mix, Miller is 5th out of 16 playoff goalies in playoff GAA with 2.02.

The reason you make yourself look like an idiot is because you think game 2 is the typical Ryan Miller, while the rest of the hockey-watching population in north america and Europe (chandler#81 excluded) understands that was an aberration, or a bad game, like all goalies have.

..and the reason you make yourself look like an idiot is because Game 2 is EXACTLY typical Ryan Mi-diocre. He epitomizes all the Sabre teams he's played with -sometimes scary good, sometimes lazy, rarely gritty. We agree we want the Sabres to succeed. We differ on what it takes to get there.

That's nothing. I was listening to the local feed online and with 30 seconds left and the Flyers pressing with an empty net my computer crashes. You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me.

..and the reason you make yourself look like an idiot is because Game 2 is EXACTLY typical Ryan Mi-diocre. He epitomizes all the Sabre teams he's played with -sometimes scary good, sometimes lazy, rarely gritty. We agree we want the Sabres to succeed. We differ on what it takes to get there.

If game 2 is typical Miller, why is his GAA so low?

Replacing Ryan Miller takes us farther form the goal, not closer to it. Seeing how the 2 playoff wins have come on Miller shutouts, that shows how much the team relies on him.

But hey, 2 shutouts in 4 games? Any goalie can do that, especially in the playoffs. Most goalies pitch 3-4 shutouts per round anyway, right, so Miller's 2 are below average?

Replacing Ryan Miller takes us farther form the goal, not closer to it. Seeing how the 2 playoff wins have come on Miller shutouts, that shows how much the team relies on him.

But hey, 2 shutouts in 4 games? Any goalie can do that, especially in the playoffs. Most goalies pitch 3-4 shutouts per round anyway, right, so Miller's 2 are below average?

Raimus, your name isn't Jeremy, is it? Work for WGR55?

I think Chandlers' point is, Miller seems to be "all or nothing"...personally, I think the guy is tremendous a lot of the times, the victim of poor play by his defense, and just fatigued other times. I think this past game is the first time I have ever seen him "steal" a meaningful game. He was awesome. I give the teams dedication to defense, in game 1, a large part of the credit for that shut out.

Also, given his sort of emotional reaction after game 4 ("I don't give an expelitive about what people who don't have any idea how to play goaltender have to say") may indicate that he is one who plays a better game, with a chip on his shoulder.

He wouldn't be the first athlete to respond well to criticism.

I was watching the Philly feed of game 3, and Bill Clements braught it up. He was talking about Laviollets (sp?) tendancy to yank goalies...he recalled Bob Keen telling his "#1" goaltender..."Look, I am going to play you 70 games a year, and you are going to be better some nights than others...I don't want you taking it personally if I ever pull you...it doesn't mean I think you are no good...it just means you aren't as good as I need you to be, right now...you'll be back the next game, so be ready"

The defense is so suspect that I really cannot believe anyone would consider blaming Miller. If there's a playoff team that has a defense that makes more mistakes in and around their net than the Sabres, I accept nominations. Leaving pucks behind the net for the other team. Inability to clear the zone even to take an icing. Leaving the other team's best player wide open in front of the net with the goalie for 4 seconds. I mean, WTF?

The rest of the league thinks Miller is a stud. Only his own fans question him. It's like in the 90s when Bills fans used to call for Kelly to be benched in favor of Reich. Get a grip people. Enroth isn't the answer unless the question is: Who's the guy the Flyers hope starts game 5?

The defense is so suspect that I really cannot believe anyone would consider blaming Miller. If there's a playoff team that has a defense that makes more mistakes in and around their net than the Sabres, I accept nominations. Leaving pucks behind the net for the other team. Inability to clear the zone even to take an icing. Leaving the other team's best player wide open in front of the net with the goalie for 4 seconds. I mean, WTF?

The rest of the league thinks Miller is a stud. Only his own fans question him. It's like in the 90s when Bills fans used to call for Kelly to be benched in favor of Reich. Get a grip people. Enroth isn't the answer unless the question is: Who's the guy the Flyers hope starts game 5?

You may be right about Miller, but having Enroth in net wouldn't make me any more nervoue. I think he is real good...I doubt the Sabres can hold on to him.

Raimus, your name isn't Jeremy, is it? Work for WGR55?

I think Chandlers' point is, Miller seems to be "all or nothing"...personally, I think the guy is tremendous a lot of the times, the victim of poor play by his defense, and just fatigued other times. I think this past game is the first time I have ever seen him "steal" a meaningful game. He was awesome. I give the teams dedication to defense, in game 1, a large part of the credit for that shut out.

You must not have watched Game 2 of the Ottowa series they won or Game 1 of the Carolina series - or were those not meaningful games?

Edited by BuffOrange

When is his contract up?

From what I understand, he is a RFA after this season...before the playoffs started, I had heard one of the NHL talking heads mention the the Flyers would likely target him...with Pegula in town, you never know, but they really can't tie up that much salary cap space with a goalie that will play 65-70 games a year, and another that plays 15-20...the Sabres have a lot invested in Miller.

Edited by Buftex