Gruden's QB camp

I think under the circumstances, and the questions the Kid has been pounded with, he's deserving of a little lead-way when it comes to his nervousness...I don't think he came off immature at all...Just a bit nervous...I think he comes across 100 times more sincere than Newton...But I'm not saying I like him more than Newton necessarily...Apples and Oranges there...

But I agree when it came to Football questions and his white-board demo that is where Mallett's strength lies...I've said it all along...If the right Team Drafts that Kid and has patience...Coaches him up a bit and designs an Offense around his strengths...He could be a monster in a couple years...Ideally for him he would be Drafted by Indy or New England...But I don't think he's going to be that lucky...And if he goes to Miami he's screwed... At least until the next Coaching Staff gets there...

I know I'm in the severe minority...But I'd rather Trade Down, pick up and extra Pick or two and grab Mallet instead Drafting Newton or Gabbert at #3...It's just me, and I admit I could be dead wrong about him...But there's something about the thought of that Rocket Launcher arm in RWS that makes me wonder...

When I watch and read stuff like this breakdown I just have to wonder what the Kid would do in Red, White, and Blue...

Breakdown

In the end I'll be happy with any of the three...Gabbert 1st, Mallett 2nd, and Newton 3rd...Just get one of em Buddy... B-)

Yeah, I think that I might have been too harsh with that word. I don't like labeling people that I've never met, either. My thing was that it was stupid for him to consent to having John Daly there given his background, and the allegations against Mallet.

Cam, Locker, and Dalton came off as I would have expected them too. And then you have Mallet...

He comes on, mumbles, is a bit "squirrly," seems a bit immature, a bit scripted/unsure on how to answer Gruden's questions...

And then he talks football. Instantly, he goes from Jed Clampett to Joe Montana. You could tell it was a comfort zone for him. Whereas in other areas of life he is nervous/unsure, when discussing football x's & o's, he killed it. Very interesting I thought IMO.

I saw that too - he was a little defensive at first (as was Locker). Talking football put him in a different place (as it did Locker)

I thought the Cam interview was lame relative to the rest. Nothing against Cam, they didn't really show him "talking football", diagramming a play or talking through a film clip. I would have liked to see that.

Is there a Gruden or similar QB clip out there on Gabbert?

I saw that too - he was a little defensive at first (as was Locker). Talking football put him in a different place (as it did Locker)

I thought the Cam interview was lame relative to the rest. Nothing against Cam, they didn't really show him "talking football", diagramming a play or talking through a film clip. I would have liked to see that.

The Gabbert segment is scheduled to show on April 20th, 7 pm EST.

I'd really love to watch the show, but I honestly can't stomach Gruden. I made it about 30 seconds into Mallet's interview before I had to close it. Gruden is just awful...ugh (oddly, i liked him as a coach). I'll have to try watching again though, because I am surprised to hear that Mallet redeemed himself when discussing x's and o's...

The Gabbert segment is scheduled to show on April 20th, 7 pm EST.

I don't know if this is the whole thing, but it was released today…earlier than I saw listed:

http://espn.go.com/b...-blaine-gabbert

I'd really love to watch the show, but I honestly can't stomach Gruden. I made it about 30 seconds into Mallet's interview before I had to close it. Gruden is just awful...ugh (oddly, i liked him as a coach). I'll have to try watching again though, because I am surprised to hear that Mallet redeemed himself when discussing x's and o's...

I agree, Nickel City.

I like the general concept but unfortunately the producers have decided to water it down and make it of more interest to the casual fan and lesser interest to the serious, hardcore football fan.

edit: And I've had just about my fill of Gruden's schtick. I'm ready for him to get back into coaching.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Because he can't and doesn't understand the game. Plain and simple.

I told EVERYONE this MONTHES ago. Good to see people finally coming to their senses. Better late than never i guess.

I don't know if this is the whole thing, but it was released today…earlier than I saw listed:

http://espn.go.com/b...-blaine-gabbert

I agree, Nickel City.

I like the general concept but unfortunately the producers have decided to water it down and make it of more interest to the casual fan and lesser interest to the serious, hardcore football fan.

edit: And I've had just about my fill of Gruden's schtick. I'm ready for him to get back into coaching.

The short clip I just saw of his session with Gabbert was brutal...Too much trying to get a laugh and showing Peyton Manning coming away from center a million times...OK we get the point Coach... :wallbash:

In that clip he barely gave Gabbert a chance to speak...It was pretty lame to be honest...And I like Gruden... B-)

Thank God! I thought I was the only one that gets the flu when watching Gruden. The guy acts like a major jacka$$ on that show. I think he's overated as a coach also. Tony Dungy got TB in the super bowl and won.

I love this show. Gruden is great. I could listen to him all day long. He clearly loves football and seems like a great personality to be around.

So far, I have seen the Locker and Dalton shows. I was impressed with both and would have no problem picking either with our second round pick.

Same here. I love gruden. I like chan so far, but i really wish he was our coach.

I agree, Nickel City.

The short clip I just saw of his session with Gabbert was brutal...Too much trying to get a laugh and showing Peyton Manning coming away from center a million times...OK we get the point Coach...

In that clip he barely gave Gabbert a chance to speak...It was pretty lame to be honest...And I like Gruden...

Thank God! I thought I was the only one that gets the flu when watching Gruden. The guy acts like a major jacka$$ on that show. I think he's overated as a coach also. Tony Dungy got TB in the super bowl and won.

Phew. I really was worried I was the only one who couldn't handle that show.

P.S. I went back and watched the end of the Mallett segment (you know, the part where Mallett speaks). He really was impressive when discussing plays. Very enthusiastic and what appears to be an honest love of the game.