Bills in Lancaster County?

I recently moved to a small town in the northern part of Lancaster County (PA), and I haven't had any luck hunting down a promising site for the Bills games in September (if there's actually a season). Is there any sort of backers bar that I'm not discovering, or does anyone have any suggestions on a place that will at least throw the game on the TV? Thanks!

If I was you I would just get the Sunday ticket. I think it is $360 for the year but you could usually get them down to half price & bring it down to about $180. Adds an extra $30 on your bill for 6 months so your paying about $7 per week to watch the Bills game. When you break it down like that it is not bad & in the long run you would save money by not going out to the bar every Sunday & dropping $30-$40 on booze & food. Plus you get all the other games too so when the Bills season is over & they have no shot at making the playoffs, which usually happens around Columbus Day weekend, your not locked into their games & could watch the other NFL games that actually mean something.

Edited by Gordio

If I was you I would just get the Sunday ticket. I think it is $360 for the year but you could usually get them down to half price & bring it down to about $180. Adds an extra $30 on your bill for 6 months so your paying about $7 per week to watch the Bills game. When you break it down like that it is not bad & in the long run you would save money by not going out to the bar every Sunday & dropping $30-$40 on booze & food. Plus you get all the other games too so when the Bills season is over & they have no shot at making the playoffs, which usually happens around Columbus Day weekend, your not locked into their games & could watch the other NFL games that actually mean something.

i live in montgomery county, outside philly and i was going to suggest the above. sunday ticket, but i know, it sucks that you have to get direct t v to get it, but, you can google buffalo bars in your area, try buffalo bills backers on google.

How are you able to get half off?! Thx!

How are you able to get half off?! Thx!

3 years ago I called & said I was going to cancel & go to Dish.(I was bluffing). After saying the price was too high & talking to the direct tv rep she gave me the NFL Ticket for half off & the kicker was she gave me HD service for free for a year. I took the advice of a poster that does not come around here much anymore because some posters give him a tough time but he gave me some great advice. So basically I got the NFL Ticket that 1st year for around $30. The 2nd year was tougher but after saying I wanted to cancel the ticket because of the cost the rep gave it to me for 1/2 off & same last year. I do not know how other posters have faired but the last 2 years they have not even given me a problem with the half off(which tells me there is probably a better deal to be had). Last year she also gave me free hd service for 2 years in which the only condition was too sign up for auto deduct. I call them in the middle of July & tell them to cancel my NFL Ticket. When they ask why I say I have season tickets to the bills games & I am at the stadium half the year & $360 is too much. The last 2 years they did not give me a hassle at all, they just knocked it down to $180. The problem is that I have now is I actually like staying home more then going to the games especially when the games do not mean anything. I ended up going to only 3 games last year for the Bills, sold 2 other games & gave the other 2 games to my church. I got 3 tvs setup in my basement & it is fun having 3 different games on watching them all at the same time. Hopefully I will get the same deal this year because if it is $360 along with the $650 or so I pay in season tickets that will be a tough sell to the wife.

3 years ago I called & said I was going to cancel & go to Dish.(I was bluffing). After saying the price was too high & talking to the direct tv rep she gave me the NFL Ticket for half off & the kicker was she gave me HD service for free for a year. I took the advice of a poster that does not come around here much anymore because some posters give him a tough time but he gave me some great advice. So basically I got the NFL Ticket that 1st year for around $30. The 2nd year was tougher but after saying I wanted to cancel the ticket because of the cost the rep gave it to me for 1/2 off & same last year. I do not know how other posters have faired but the last 2 years they have not even given me a problem with the half off(which tells me there is probably a better deal to be had). Last year she also gave me free hd service for 2 years in which the only condition was too sign up for auto deduct. I call them in the middle of July & tell them to cancel my NFL Ticket. When they ask why I say I have season tickets to the bills games & I am at the stadium half the year & $360 is too much. The last 2 years they did not give me a hassle at all, they just knocked it down to $180. The problem is that I have now is I actually like staying home more then going to the games especially when the games do not mean anything. I ended up going to only 3 games last year for the Bills, sold 2 other games & gave the other 2 games to my church. I got 3 tvs setup in my basement & it is fun having 3 different games on watching them all at the same time. Hopefully I will get the same deal this year because if it is $360 along with the $650 or so I pay in season tickets that will be a tough sell to the wife.

Thanks so much! Good negotiating . . .

Sadly, Sunday Ticket is not a consideration. We don't (and never will) have satellite, and I tour for a living, so I'm going to be gone for a lot of Sundays. Even if we could get satellite, to spend thousands of dollars (contract + Sunday ticket) just to watch a few games would be out of the question.

I'll have to look into Ye Olde Ale House. I still don't know my PA geography - I hope Mechanicsburg isn't too far away!

There is a small group that meets at the ye olde ale house in mechanicsburg. I think there were 10 of us last year.

wow you're kidding? never knew that. used to refuel there after playing hockey all the time. in fact they were arch-rivals with our team (the jesters, of course) for a couple of seasons. A fine establishmnet.

Find a Bills Backer's bar and go. There are some around in Philly and in the outskirts. Don't want to rile up any feathers. I went to one in Philly a couple of years ago and had a good time. Should do it more often, but the team's been such a drag lately. But, unless I've lost my sense of time, I think they're playing the NFCE this next season-if-there-is-one. So, they'll be on the Philly channels for Phi. NYG. NYJ x2 and maybe Wsh. If you get the NYC channels too.

Hey Gibran, Season ticket holder from Lebanon County here...the county just north of you. Unfortunately we can't make it to all of the games but as long as you can make it to a few, season tickets are definitely worth it. Halfway into the season the NFL Replay is half price, so no you can't watch Sunday afternoon but since we tend to go to the games while the weather is more predictable its the second half I rely on listening to Murph on Rock 97 internet broadcast on Sunday, NFL Redzone and watch the game on Tuesday. NFL Replay is really a decent replay of the game.

Has anyone tried the service on NFL.com where you can watch the games after they are over. Not sure how much it costs or how it works. Just curious if anyone has tried it?

A relative of mine subscribed for a year but did not renew. He said the service worked fine, and the price was good, but he found it difficult to wait for the broadcast to be available, and sometimes wound up going out to watch the games in real time over a meal elsewhere. Before signing up, make sure you understand exactly how long after the game ends that you can start watching it. I have a vague recollection (not sure) of being told that it wasn't available the minute the game ended (next day?), and hearing the final score before he could watch the game sometimes took some of the fun out of watching the rebroadcast.

BTW, he has FIOS, so his internet connection is very fast - - don't know if the experience would be different with a slower broadband connection.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Has anyone tried the service on NFL.com where you can watch the games after they are over. Not sure how much it costs or how it works. Just curious if anyone has tried it?

I had a free trial of it for one or two weekends last year. It did work well (when my internet connection actually worked). I don't mind watching the game later, but it was kind of depressing to have to text all of my friends and tell them not to call/text at all regarding the game.

I know Philly has a few bars, but at over 1.5 hours away, it's too far for watching the game on TV. Mechanicsburg is looking like a feasible option, especially since there's a Wegmans there. The grocery stores here in town leave a bit to be desired, so it might be nice to go catch the game, then swing by to Wegmans and do my shopping for the week.

I had a free trial of it for one or two weekends last year. It did work well (when my internet connection actually worked). I don't mind watching the game later, but it was kind of depressing to have to text all of my friends and tell them not to call/text at all regarding the game.

I know Philly has a few bars, but at over 1.5 hours away, it's too far for watching the game on TV. Mechanicsburg is looking like a feasible option, especially since there's a Wegmans there. The grocery stores here in town leave a bit to be desired, so it might be nice to go catch the game, then swing by to Wegmans and do my shopping for the week.

Yep, not a bad drive. I live in Mechanicsburg...I know Ye Olde Ale House is also a Browns Backers bar as well, and I have watched a bunch of games there over the last couple years.

As others have added, I tried it this year on a whim (also have the Sunday Ticket) and it worked very well. Pix quality was actually pretty darned good overall and even watched in on a 37" LCD with reasonable quality. It look great on my PC Monitor (22").

I work mainly evenings so I'm up late on Sunday night anyway. If i move back to predominately days, Mon - Fri, it wouldn't be so enjoyable since you have to wait till midnight to view that days games.

Edited by Spiderweb

So maybe not a Bills bar, but I have been spending a good bit of time in Hershey lately, and suprisingly, the sports bar in the Hershey Lodge, the Bears den, is quite nice. Nice selection of beers on taps(almost all craft, with the local brewery Troegs featured), great people and will throw up any game you want. They put the Sabres games on for me every time I am there.

Very good food, and the manager does some very creative things like making his own syups, bitters, flavord vodkas etc.

Edited by plenzmd1