No "Mad Men" for 2011

Buftex

You could spend your hours looking for a new avatar.. Just a suggestion.

It's those wimin, I tell ya! They've been 'paradin' in the streets, carryin' signs, demanding that show be taken off the air!

Next thing ya know, they'll want to smoke..

You could spend your hours looking for a new avatar.. Just a suggestion.

It's those wimin, I tell ya! They've been 'paradin' in the streets, carryin' signs, demanding that show be taken off the air!

Next thing ya know, they'll want to smoke..

What's next ... working outside the home and bra burning ..... :unsure:

The product placement part of this is funny--I always assumed the product placement was built into the show.

Get ris of Betty and the new husband. Jettison Cooper and a few of the office lessers.

You can't get rid of those secondary characters without having a huge negative impact on the show. A huge part of Don's pysche is tied up in Betty. And I love Cooper. He's the grown-up that Don will never be, and he shows it the 2-3 times each season where he gets pissed, goes on a rant and rips Don and/or Roger to shreds with perfect insight. Cooper sees everything.

...more like crazy...

A mad man!

You can't get rid of those secondary characters without having a huge negative impact on the show. A huge part of Don's pysche is tied up in Betty. And I love Cooper. He's the grown-up that Don will never be, and he shows it the 2-3 times each season where he gets pissed, goes on a rant and rips Don and/or Roger to shreds with perfect insight. Cooper sees everything.

Yeah, I completely agree. My favorite show of all time was "The Sopranos", and Matthew Weiner was heavily involved with the development of that show. It is the style of storytelling that makes me like the show, not necessarily the subject matter...those "minor" characters are a big part of the appeal...also agree about Cooper. Great observation.

I have to say, when they wrote the pretentious hipster guy (can't remember his name, Paul something...the guy with the beard and moustache) off this past season, I really missed that character, even though he wasn't a major cog in the story.

Edited by Buftex

I keep hearing that Weiner is a real ahole........But, he writes so damn good. I hope they get this settled and it comes back in early '12, like they're saying. Those annoying young guys they added last year can get lopped off without a problem, IMO.

A mad man!

Yeah, I completely agree. My favorite show of all time was "The Sopranos", and Matthew Weiner was heavily involved with the development of that show. It is the style of storytelling that makes me like the show, not necessarily the subject matter...those "minor" characters are a big part of the appeal...also agree about Cooper. Great observation.

I have to say, when they wrote the pretentious hipster guy (can't remember his name, Paul something...the guy with the beard and moustache) off this past season, I really missed that character, even though he wasn't a major cog in the story.

The Sopranos has about 3 good seasons and 6 awful ones. Almost all of the minor subcharacters were a waste of time. JAnice and Bobby being the biggest.

No one would miss Betty or Cooper. They can develop Don and Roger just fine without them Bert dies. Betty moves to DC with that dude. Done.

The Sopranos has about 3 good seasons and 6 awful ones. Almost all of the minor subcharacters were a waste of time. JAnice and Bobby being the biggest.

No one would miss Betty or Cooper. They can develop Don and Roger just fine without them Bert dies. Betty moves to DC with that dude. Done.

Disagree on all points!

I find it sort of weird that AMC is now deciding to come into the kitchen and make demands on the ingredients. Their MO for original programming was to hire talented people and give them creative control. This has worked out great with "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad", "The Walking Dead" being the best shows on television (IMHO). Heck, even "Rubicon" was good once it finally got going. I have high hopes for "The Killing" starting this weekend.

But now you've got people coming in and telling them to lose 2 characters and cut the show by 2 minutes? The heck is wrong with these people?

Good. You can watch all the Bobby Baccala seasons. FFS. That show threw away a great franchise.

Yes, I thought all of the seasons of The Sopranos were outstanding. I am glad that David Chase never succumbed to dumb the show down for the masses...AMC is apparently tyring to do this with "Mad Men".

Yes, I thought all of the seasons of The Sopranos were outstanding. I am glad that David Chase never succumbed to dumb the show down for the masses...AMC is apparently tyring to do this with "Mad Men".

I can always tell someone who didn't understand/appreciate the Sopranos by how quickly it takes them to complain about the therapy scenes.

I can always tell someone who didn't understand/appreciate the Sopranos by how quickly it takes them to complain about the therapy scenes.

Some of the best stuff on the show....even in the Baccala years! :rolleyes: