Cinci weather forecast for Sunday

DPR4444

This is a long range forecast but I want to take into account the "weather audience" on the bulletin board

(ie: lots of Buffalonians)....to us, "snow showers" could mean as much as 4" of snow. In my current locale, 4" of snow is a "snowstorm".

To be more precise (and precision in a 5-day forecast leaves a lot to be desired), we are looking at some accumulating snows of 1-3" but the winds are the bigger factor as they wil be in the 20-25 mph range with gusts (very similar to several Bills games this year at the Ralph (Cardinal, Jets, and Browns)...Hey! Those were all wins! (how nice)

As the date approaches, and either I remember or someone kindly reminds me (duh), I will find this thread (or start a new one) to update the forecast.

RichNJoisy

Pres, CNJBBB

and oh yeah, meteorologist

To be more precise (and precision in a 5-day forecast leaves a lot to be desired), we are looking at some accumulating snows of 1-3" but the winds are the bigger factor as they wil be in the 20-25 mph range with gusts (very similar to several Bills games this year at the Ralph (Cardinal, Jets, and Browns)...Hey! Those were all wins! (how nice)

160920[/snapback]

This makes me feel a little better about the Bills' chances this week. Those three plus the Miami game (I think) had windy weather, which the Bills were able to use to their advantage (read: McGahee, McGahee, and more McGahee). Cincy's defense is allowing about 100 yards per game, so I like this matchup.

Of course, lest we forget, I think Brian Moorman knows how to punt in the wind.

This certainly seems to be a big plus for the Bills. First off, the Bills are used to this weather -- the Bengals aren't so much. More importantly, this may keep some Cincci fans home and will surely make demoralizing them easier.

"Snow showers" here in Cincy means "its snowing". Expect little to no accumulation - the ground is still far too warm for snow to stick.

Based on history (I've lived in southern Ohio my entire 23 years), it starts to get cold here early December with snow for the next couple of months. Rarely do we actually see snow accumulation until January-February.

The wind has potential to be a little rough, but chances are, all of you Buffalo natives coming down will think that it feels like a spring day. :) Meanwhile, I'll be freezing my ass off.

This one must have been brutal.

"'Freezer Bowl' thrilled, chilled fans of Bengals

Although the Cincinnati Bengals have played in two Super Bowls, the football team's most famous game may well be the "Freezer Bowl" - the AFC Championship played at Riverfront Stadium on Jan. 10, 1982. It was the coldest game in NFL history, based on wind chill factor. The temperature was 9 degrees, but the wind chill was 59 below zero. Bengals coach Forrest Gregg prepared his team by saying: "Look at this game like you're going to the dentist. It's going to hurt." In a show of bravado, Bengals linemen played with their arms bared (albeit slathered with petroleum jelly). Some fans got into the spirit by doffing coats and shirts - and cheering bare-chested. But the San Diego Chargers wore three layers of clothes under their jerseys - and ski masks under their helmets. Cincinnati thrashed the Californians 27-7, earning the Bengals their first Super Bowl trip.

Rebecca Billman - Cincinnati Enquirer"

Just finished talking to Dad - he's in Muncie IN, and said it was supposed to be 20s and dropping out there Sunday.

Guess it's time to pack the snow gear, and get ready for another dose of "Bills Weather".....

Just finished talking to Dad - he's in Muncie IN, and said it was supposed to be 20s and dropping out there Sunday.

Guess it's time to pack the snow gear, and get ready for another dose of "Bills Weather".....

163570[/snapback]

LMAO......wow, I went to college in Muncie IN. Ball State University!