With DW Waiting in the Wings .

T master

I also think Edwards will be given awile, due to poor talent, etc.

but also scheme- seems like Bills really intend to run hybrid D, and Edwards is the 3-4 guy, while DW is the 4-3 guy

Of course. Hard to imagine DW not being the D coordinator in 2012. Chan is a stand up guy, he will stick with the guy he hired as D Coord and not just can him because DW became available. If the D is great, then he will deal with it a year from now.

Possibly. But I can see Chan maybe relegating him to a smaller roll like Line Backers instead of Wanny. I think they will end up switching positions some time down the line. Then that would allow Chan to can him after that if he keeps messing up. Saying something along the lines of, "He didn't do it at D Coord. and line backers weren't responding to him at lb coach. I gave him a chance and it's sad to see him go, I wish him the beset of luck."

I see DW as Chan's replacement when he decides he's had enough of Ralph.

Chan isn't a GM. Much less Bill Polian.

I dont care how bad Edwards performs in 2011, he should stay the season. You don't fire a coordinator during preseason or the middle of the season. How'd that work out for us back in 2009?

The difference is that DW is a proven, successful DC. Alex Van Pelt had never been anything more than a QB coach.

Just thinking out loud . Now that the Bills have hired DW as assistant HC & LB coach , if the defense still sucks this year , (knowing that Chan & Buddy are not afraid to pull the plug on people that are not doing their job - see Trent Edwards)

How much time will George Edwards be given to get the D on the right track ??

Especially with DW waiting in the wings ??

not much