1. Panthers/Newton, 2. Broncos/Dareus,

1. I was reading a Carolina forum and I get the distinct feeling that the skids are being greased for Cam Newton.

2. There's almost a 100% chance that the Broncos will select Dareus.

This is a very hard decision. For me, I'm picking from the group of Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Miller, Green and Jones. These are true "impact" type guys. My gut feeling is that Quinn is going to be a star at the next level, he's a passionate football player, he has his head on straight, and he helps us in both the run and pass defense. I know his bust factor is higher than Peterson's and Green's, but I have to go with my gut for this pick, Robert Quinn.

Who do you pick (doesn't have to be from my group) if those two are gone?...

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did. That, and he doesn't want to play for a team that has tangerine in it's uniform.

Who cares what HE wants. Go get him.

So get a prima donna who is already saying these types of things before he gets to the NFL? No thanks, I'll take Bowers(if his knee checks out)or Quinn.

So get a prima donna who is already saying these types of things before he gets to the NFL? No thanks, I'll take Bowers(if his knee checks out)or Quinn.

I remember a certain QB who was saying these types of things before he got to the NFL. He seemed to acclimate (pun intended) to Buffalo just fine.

You'd actually take an inferior player over your feelings being hurt that he said he didn't want to play for a cold weather team? HAHA. You know who else didn't want to play for the Bills? Jim Kelly. Worked out pretty good for all parties involved in the long run.

He came right out afterwards and claimed he was just joking. Fairley doesn't seem like a prima donna at all, rather a good kid who happens to play the game with one hell of a mean streak. He's the best player in the draft, way better than Dareus IMO and he would be an absolute steal at #3.

Here's the video of him saying he doesn't want to play in the cold (minute 4). As you can see, it shouldn't have been made into the big deal it was:

http://wkrg.com/a/1204035

Edited by Stl Bills

He came right out afterwards and claimed he was just joking. Fairley doesn't seem like a prima donna at all, rather a good kid who happens to play the game with one hell of a mean streak. He's the best player in the draft, way better than Dareus IMO and he would be an absolute steal at #3.

Here's the video of him saying he doesn't want to play in the cold (minute 4). As you can see, it shouldn't have been made into the big deal it was:

http://wkrg.com/a/1204035

If Fairley was the best player in this draft then he wouldn't be falling on pretty much everybody's boards. Apparently he has real maturity issues.

If Fairley was the best player in this draft then he wouldn't be falling on pretty much everybody's boards. Apparently he has real maturity issues.

You make it sound like he is falling out of the first round. He won't get past the top 5 and could still easily go in the top 3. I don't consider that falling. And how the hell do you know what anybody's board looks like? Its all smoke and mirrors at this point, nobody is going to tip their hand to another team.