1. Panthers/Newton, 2. Broncos/Dareus,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I was reading a Carolina forum and I get the distinct feeling that the skids are being greased for Cam Newton.

2. There's almost a 100% chance that the Broncos will select Dareus.

This is a very hard decision. For me, I'm picking from the group of Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Miller, Green and Jones. These are true "impact" type guys. My gut feeling is that Quinn is going to be a star at the next level, he's a passionate football player, he has his head on straight, and he helps us in both the run and pass defense. I know his bust factor is higher than Peterson's and Green's, but I have to go with my gut for this pick, Robert Quinn.

Who do you pick (doesn't have to be from my group) if those two are gone?...

Geeze man, you've been riding Quinn all day everyday on these boards.

If it's Cam #1, and Dareus #2...we would have to go with Fairley, IMO.

Geeze man, you've been riding Quinn all day everyday on these boards.

If it's Cam #1, and Dareus #2...we would have to go with Fairley, IMO.

Everyone has their favorites. I could change my mind and go back to Fairley. I've changed my mind a few times already...LOL

I just like the look of Quinn. He just seems to fit all of the requirements (except the one that he didn't play last season). He's big (we're looking to get bigger, right?), he looks great in the clips I've seen of him, he's got those long arms you look for in a pass rusher, natural deep bending moves, he seems like a serious and mature kid who has his head on straight, he's a football player and not a guy looking to be celebrity, he would help out both the pass and rush defense. Like I said though, I'd be very happy with Fairley, I'm just a little worried about the "serious, mature, professional, put the necessary work in" football attitude with him.

If Fairley was the best player in this draft then he wouldn't be falling on pretty much everybody's boards. Apparently he has real maturity issues.

You act as if the best player is always drafted 1st. That's laughable

If the bills think Gabbert will develop under our coaching, I'd take him. We need a stud QB more than anything. Otherwise I'd be estatic to have fairley or miller.

I don't care what anyone says, when I look at Miller on the field he looks like a safety. He just looks small. He is on the small side for an NFL LB. Of course he can put on size, but they said the same thing about Maybin. Maybe I'm just gun shy.

If you want to take the debate a step further take a look at some videos:

First is a highlight video. I'll save you some time and fast forward to 1 minute in. The first minute is just him dancing and hooting it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=UnZSceCN5Yg

Looks freakishly fast doesn't he? My problem is he seems to have one pass rush move and I don't think it will work against NFL LTs. At least give me this much. Looking at that video the guy looks undersized.

Now let's look at some game video.

First up is against Texas

v=qoQII6vrPHE

And next against Nebraska

v=SkDdpgRn7Pk

Edit: Just use the youtube codes because it won't let me post more than one youtube link.

What I see is that the guy will make a play from time to time, but is undersized with one pass rushing move puts himself out of position and is a liability against the run. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on the kid with the second round pick, but not with three overall. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand your point. I see why you feel that way, especially considering how we got burned with maybin. I just think that a if he was asked to do other things besides line up and rush the QB, he would be highly effective. He did that in college 90% of the time, because that what was asked of him. His outside rush was unstoppable in college, so he went to work with it. He showed in the senior bowl that he can step out and cover, read the run and contain the outside. You can campare miller and maybins size and moves all you want, but Miller is a MUCH more athletic and explosive player than Maybin. Maybin has a freakish first step, but his lateral movement is below average. Millers lateral movement is among the best in football. You'll never sway my opinion, nor will I sway yours, we agree to disagree. And I hate you for it :)

1. I was reading a Carolina forum and I get the distinct feeling that the skids are being greased for Cam Newton.

This is a very hard decision. For me, I'm picking from the group of Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Miller, Green and Jones. These are true "impact" type guys. My gut feeling is that Quinn is going to be a star at the next level, he's a passionate football player, he has his head on straight, and he helps us in both the run and pass defense. I know his bust factor is higher than Peterson's and Green's, but I have to go with my gut for this pick, Robert Quinn.

:lol:

So apparently you've never heard of Blaine Gabbert... B-)

:lol:

So apparently you've never heard of Blaine Gabbert... B-)

I think Blaine Gappert is the biggest sham going and some team is going to ruin their franchise for the next 3-5 years picking him in the top 10. Ever hear of Alex Smith? Joey Harrington? JP Losman? Tim Couch? Rick Mirer?

Gabbert:

#69 in QB rating

16TDs / 9 INTs (horrible numbers for a spread offense)

6.7 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 3.25 YPA (that's worse than Trent Edwards)

Newton:

#2 in QB rating

30TDs / 7 iINTs (20 rushing TDs)

10.2 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 12.5 YPA

I will be LMAO if the Panthers pick Gabbert. I found this random link that was shocking in it's descriptions of Gabbert:

http://atomicteeth.fantake.com/2010/11/07/mizzoutexas-tech-post-mortem-time-to-jump/

"• Gabbert has to be the worst third down quarterback in college. One of 12. Throw in an 0 for 2 on fourth downs and you get the feeling why it never really felt like the Tigers were going to get back in it once down by 7.

• Texas Tech did not get any appreciable pressure on Gabbert, yet he was running around scared all night. Gabbert got sacked once.

• 12 of 30 passing. Remember when we could liken Gabbert’s accuracy to that of pre-Okie State Chase Daniel? Now he’s more like Ricky Vaughn.

• 3.2 yards per passing attempt.

• Under 100 yards passing against the 117th ranked passing defense."

Yikes!!!! So yes, I've heard of him enough to not want him any where near the Buffalo Bills unless he's on the opposing sideline…LOL

If those are the first 2 picks , I think - Fairley, Bowers , Miller , Peterson , are the top guys for the Bills in that order - because there is a good chance that Martez Wilson will be there at our round 2 pick so that may cover the early LB pick .

Plus we have a good WR corp so i think Green is out seeing as D is a priority this draft. With the signing of George Wilson, along with the Bills tender of Donte - Peterson is in there but at the back of the pack . We need a pass rush which Bowers more than Fairley can give, & the Bills in the past are not afraid to draft people with knee problems (T.T & W.M)

Seeing as we have Fitz i think QB is out entirely until the later rounds !!

Edited by T master

Fairley.

Fairly had one good year in college, don't we already have a one year wonder on the college level "Maybin" we don't need another. Miller is the safest pick here, and a blue collar type guy.

Miller is the guy.

Fairly had one good year in college, don't we already have a one year wonder on the college level "Maybin" we don't need another. Miller is the safest pick here, and a blue collar type guy.

Miller is the guy.

"a blue collar type guy"

Please explain? His fashion glasses and funky dances look a little more like an icon and entertainer to me.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think Blaine Gappert is the biggest sham going and some team is going to ruin their franchise for the next 3-5 years picking him in the top 10. Ever hear of Alex Smith? Joey Harrington? JP Losman? Tim Couch? Rick Mirer?

Gabbert:

#69 in QB rating

16TDs / 9 INTs (horrible numbers for a spread offense)

6.7 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 3.25 YPA (that's worse than Trent Edwards)

Newton:

#2 in QB rating

30TDs / 7 iINTs (20 rushing TDs)

10.2 YPA

3rd and 8-10 yards: 12.5 YPA

I will be LMAO if the Panthers pick Gabbert. I found this random link that was shocking in it's descriptions of Gabbert:

http://atomicteeth.fantake.com/2010/11/07/mizzoutexas-tech-post-mortem-time-to-jump/

"• Gabbert has to be the worst third down quarterback in college. One of 12. Throw in an 0 for 2 on fourth downs and you get the feeling why it never really felt like the Tigers were going to get back in it once down by 7.

• Texas Tech did not get any appreciable pressure on Gabbert, yet he was running around scared all night. Gabbert got sacked once.

• 12 of 30 passing. Remember when we could liken Gabbert’s accuracy to that of pre-Okie State Chase Daniel? Now he’s more like Ricky Vaughn.

• 3.2 yards per passing attempt.

• Under 100 yards passing against the 117th ranked passing defense."

Yikes!!!! So yes, I've heard of him enough to not want him any where near the Buffalo Bills unless he's on the opposing sideline…LOL

I'm gonna go with Mike Mayock's opinion...But thanks for the input anyway... ;)

head on straight he got suspended for his last year of collage??????????????????????

So get a prima donna who is already saying these types of things before he gets to the NFL? No thanks, I'll take Bowers(if his knee checks out)or Quinn.

bowers could not even work out at his pro day and skipped town,no thanks another hurt one year wonder!

Everyone has their favorites. I could change my mind and go back to Fairley. I've changed my mind a few times already...LOL

I just like the look of Quinn. He just seems to fit all of the requirements (except the one that he didn't play last season). He's big (we're looking to get bigger, right?), he looks great in the clips I've seen of him, he's got those long arms you look for in a pass rusher, natural deep bending moves, he seems like a serious and mature kid who has his head on straight, he's a football player and not a guy looking to be celebrity, he would help out both the pass and rush defense. Like I said though, I'd be very happy with Fairley, I'm just a little worried about the "serious, mature, professional, put the necessary work in" football attitude with him.

I respect that everyone has their favorites, and I'm the first to recognize that nobody on this board knows who's going to end up a good player and who isn't (no matter how hard they may thump their chest). However, I can't believe the amount of love that Robert Quinn gets on this board; it's baffling to me. I have several issues with Quinn:

- Hasn't played football since January of 2010

- Had only 1 productive season in college (as a sophomore)

- In his 1 productive season, 8 of his 11 sacks came in 3 games (against teams like E. Carolina, Virginia, and Duke)

- Played against inferior competition (i.e. Citadel, UConn, Virginia, Ga. Southern, Duke)

- He only had 22 strength lifts at the combine...now, before all you "workouts don't matter" folks jump on me, hear me out...the combine was the first chance in 13 months that Quinn had to display his abilities for NFL scouts, and he only comes up with 22 bench press reps at 265 lbs. It's not as though the guy had just come off a long season, where he had to build his body back up; he was suspended. He literally had months to prepare for this one event with no football obligations, which to me says one of 2 things: (1) he simply isn't very strong, or (2) he didn't spend a lot of time in the weight room

- He's never played in a 3-4, and his short shuttle and 3-cone would indicate that he isn't the naturally fluid athlete that you'd like to see at OLB

- Lastly, and I know I'm in the minority, he showed poor judgement in accepting benefits that resulted in a suspension.

I just don't know how many of you folks can look at all of those red flags and be convinced that the team should spend the #3 overall pick on him. I'm more than willing to hear you out if you care to explain...

Just my 1 cent.

Edited by thebandit27

Anyone find any downside to Peterson? Reading over everything about all these guys this is the pick that seems to make the most sense. CB may not be our number 1 need, but its definitely a need and this guy is as close as it gets to a sure thing in my book.

I respect that everyone has their favorites, and I'm the first to recognize that nobody on this board knows who's going to end up a good player and who isn't (no matter how hard they may thump their chest). However, I can't believe the amount of love that Robert Quinn gets on this board; it's baffling to me. I have several issues with Quinn:

- Hasn't played football since January of 2010

- Had only 1 productive season in college (as a sophomore)

- In his 1 productive season, 8 of his 11 sacks came in 3 games (against teams like E. Carolina, Virginia, and Duke)

- Played against inferior competition (i.e. Citadel, UConn, Virginia, Ga. Southern, Duke)

- He only had 22 strength lifts at the combine...now, before all you "workouts don't matter" folks jump on me, hear me out...the combine was the first chance in 13 months that Quinn had to display his abilities for NFL scouts, and he only comes up with 22 bench press reps at 265 lbs. It's not as though the guy had just come off a long season, where he had to build his body back up; he was suspended. He literally had months to prepare for this one event with no football obligations, which to me says one of 2 things: (1) he simply isn't very strong, or (2) he didn't spend a lot of time in the weight room

- He's never played in a 3-4, and his short shuttle and 3-cone would indicate that he isn't the naturally fluid athlete that you'd like to see at OLB

- Lastly, and I know I'm in the minority, he showed poor judgement in accepting benefits that resulted in a suspension.

I just don't know how many of you folks can look at all of those red flags and be convinced that the team should spend the #3 overall pick on him. I'm more than willing to hear you out if you care to explain...

Just my 1 cent.

Other than Patrick Peterson or AJ Green, I could do the exact same thing with all of the other potential #3 picks. Give me a name and I'll gladly do it.

That was a very impressive sophomore season. Let me repeat, SOPHOMORE season. There's a youtube clip of Quinn going to town on BC's Constonzo, making three huge plays with the last one of him being double teamed and still making a crucial play. Dude's a scary football player and while the year off is a concern he still did good at the combine. People here always wanted a Julius Peppers type pass rushing OLB, well this guy is it IMO.