Local World Champion

Just want to let everyone know that Rochester Native Jon Jones is fighting for the UFC

Light Heavy Weight Championship Saturday night starting at 10:00 pm and I believe he will win. Jones has only one loss and that was a disqualification where he totally was dominating the guy but threw an illegal strike which cost him the fight. I think it should be a no contest because he should have been given a warning not a DQ. He has decimated everyone he has faced and is the next Mike Tyson, Dan Gable and Hoyce Gracie of MMA. You guys don't want to miss this fight as Jones will be one of the greatest fighters of all time and we should show our support for a hometown guy.

GO BONES JONES!!!

http://jonnybones.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones_%28fighter%29

To the moderators I would ask that you keep this post up considering that there have been threads on TSW about the Sabres, fantasy baseball and MMA involving football players.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

He's mega fast and can strike from just about every angle...like a kickboxing Pernell Whitaker back in the day. Like his chances. Rua is crafty and knock out artist as well. Hope they didn't bring Jon along too quickly but all of us here in ROC City are backing our guy.

Love watching this guy fight and hope he wins on Saturday. rua has always been a favorite prob just cause I like rooting for a guy with the name shogun but not on Saturday! For ppl on the fence about mma maybe having a local guy in what should be a great title fight will help show you how great mma could be!

FIGHT OVER.........

And we have a NEWWWWWWWWWWW Light Heavy Weight Champion!!!!!!

Wow! What a show Jones put on. DOMINANT is about the best way to describe it. One of the most talented fighters I have every seen.

Congrats for "Bones" Jones!!!! You made us proud tonight!