Questionable Gabbert Stat

Kirwin from NFL.com stated that Gabbert's completion % beyond 15 yards is 30%. He issued this statement in a neagtive tone while doing a piece on Mallett. He didn't state what Mallett's % was and didn't state what it should be or what was an average %.

My question is does this bother anyone who thinks Gabbert is the real deal? Or is this just a bad stat because he didn't have much to work with @ Mizzou?

Thoughts?

Kirwin from NFL.com stated that Gabbert's completion % beyond 15 yards is 30%. He issued this statement in a neagtive tone while doing a piece on Mallett. He didn't state what Mallett's % was and didn't state what it should be or what was an average %.

My question is does this bother anyone who thinks Gabbert is the real deal? Or is this just a bad stat because he didn't have much to work with @ Mizzou?

Thoughts?

Want another questionable Gabbert stat?

His first name is Blaine.

Thoughts?

Its a mis quote and this was discussed in a Newton article.

Gaine Blabbert's Thats 30% was in a situation when the defense sent 5 blitzers in a 3rd and long.

If he was 30% on passes beyond 15 yards he wouldn't have been playing College Football.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Its a mis quote and this was discussed in a Newton article.

Gaine Blabbert's Thats 30% was in a situation when the defense sent 5 blitzers in a 3rd and long.

If he was 30% on passes beyond 15 yards he wouldn't have been playing College Football.

I watched a few Mizzou games last year and the impression I got was that Gabbert freezes under pressure. What I mean is that when a free blitzer comes at him or a rusher is putting pressure on him, he doesn’t side step it and find his hot read, he just kinda stood there and stared (down the barrel of the gun) at the defender before either getting sacked or hastily throwing the ball at some WR that was running a drag route over the middle.

That stat kinda confirms that impression, doesn’t it?

I watched a few Mizzou games last year and the impression I got was that Gabbert freezes under pressure. What I mean is that when a free blitzer comes at him or a rusher is putting pressure on him, he doesn’t side step it and find his hot read, he just kinda stood there and stared (down the barrel of the gun) at the defender before either getting sacked or hastily throwing the ball at some WR that was running a drag route over the middle.

That stat kinda confirms that impression, doesn’t it?

Yeah and Cam Newton's stat in that situation was like 70% completion % and double the TDs and less Ints.

The kinda guy that may be able to perform under a less than stellar O-Line :flirt:

Watch the Nebraska game. You can find it on Youtube. Search "Missouri O vs. Nebraska D"

It isn't pretty.

Just watched the video. He looked like every other Bills QB over the past ten years. He'd fit in just fine it seems.

I don't understand the infatuation with this guy he seems like JP 2.0, I mean WHOOO the hell even heard of him before Andrew Luck said no to the draft? He is terrible and the Bills with no doubt draft him (they seem to like the people that make me turn into an Owl and go WHOOOOO). How someone can honestly say he is better than Newton baffles me, hell he's not better than Locker or Mallet. He's on the same level as Kaspernick (who I like) a 4th rounder.

CAM NEWTON!... NUFF SAID!....

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Thoughts?

No, yes.

I don't understand the infatuation with this guy he seems like JP 2.0, I mean WHOOO the hell even heard of him before Andrew Luck said no to the draft? He is terrible and the Bills with no doubt draft him (they seem to like the people that make me turn into an Owl and go WHOOOOO). How someone can honestly say he is better than Newton baffles me, hell he's not better than Locker or Mallet. He's on the same level as Kaspernick (who I like) a 4th rounder.

Newton blows and you will see it when his Brad smith in few years.

They made me turn into an owl TOOOOOO!

More evidence that the best quarterback in a given draft class isn't necessarily the best (or even a viable) option for a team in need.

What makes me nervous is that the Bills braintrust will draft one anyway (and at #3). Buddy has already stated explicitly that DT isn't a position of need (???), and that things are looking promising-to-favorable at DE, and that they are looking for a long-term answer at QB. Pick #3 is a great place to draft one, but my issue is: 2011 doesn't look like a great YEAR to draft one. It's true that each year offers some surprises, and the QB position is no exception, but the guys at the top of the heap this year look like longshots, and the #3 pick in the draft is not the place to draft a longshot, no matter how high his upside might be. I wish it were different, and there were some consensus blue-chip prospects at QB, but that isn't the case, and I'd hate to draft a guy this year (as we did with J.P. Losman in 2004) that not only doesn't deliver, but keeps us from drafting a more promising player in an upcoming draft (as happened with Aaron Rodgers, who would have fallen to us in 2005).

I could be way off on Cam and Blaine. I could be way off on Buddy-- but if history is any indication, Buddy's not one for misdirection in the weeks leading up to the draft, and he seems to be steering popular opinion away from the D-line and toward a possible QB.

(Am I right in remembering that the only D-linemen we brought in for a visit was Bowers (who by most reports is ideally suited to play DE in a 4-3)? No Quinn (who, yes, would likely shift to OLB). No Dareus (who is scheme-versatile and could play either DT or DE in either alignment). No Fairley. No Watt. But both Gabbert AND Newton?)

More evidence that the best quarterback in a given draft class isn't necessarily the best (or even a viable) option for a team in need.

1.) Its not evidence because its not true. The percentage is not for all pass attempts over 15 yards. Its only for situations when there were 5 or more blitzers.

2.) If you think Buddy Nix was every going to draft Quinn, you're not pay attention. Buddy Nix drafted 7 team captains in 2010. I don't think that was an accident. I doubt a guy that got suspended for a year is who Nix is going to take with #3 overall pick.

Watch the Nebraska game. You can find it on Youtube. Search "Missouri O vs. Nebraska D"

It isn't pretty.

True, but you can insert any 2010 team and Nebraska killed em. I have no clue why they weren't better.

1.) Its not evidence because its not true. The percentage is not for all pass attempts over 15 yards. Its only for situations when there were 5 or more blitzers.

2.) If you think Buddy Nix was every going to draft Quinn, you're not pay attention. Buddy Nix drafted 7 team captains in 2010. I don't think that was an accident. I doubt a guy that got suspended for a year is who Nix is going to take with #3 overall pick.

Good fact. I agree. Plus Quinn is weak.