state of the qb

I have thought this type of scenario through before. If Kolb at this stage in his career was draft eligible he would be a lock #1 to Carolina – right? I personally don’t buy the thought that he is only as good as Fitz, I think he is better. How much better we don’t know. He has throw for a handful of 300 yard games and multi TD games and has starting experience. He could be a great option or he could be a Rob Johnson, but I still think he is better than gabber/Newton and is much less risky.

So if you are gonna draft Newton or Gabbert at 3, but you also believe what I said above, then you would be stupid not to trade that pick for Kolb.

Im not saying Id do it, Id rather have Fairley quite honestly, but if we were to swap 1sts with the Eagles and get Kolb then I’d think about it, or if they only wanted our 2nd Id think about it. But they wont want to do that and I don’t blame them.

I think our QB will come via next years draft. Maybe Luck, maybe L Jones, maybe Barkley. I think we are gonna be drafting top 10 again so we will have a good chance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe that buffalo can win in two ways wit that trade i said

1.kolb can be the franchise qb this team has been dreaming of

2.rading down may accaully help, as those players will firstly cost less and some may even amount to better players than those in the top 10. For example, at 23 jimmy smith may be available. He is a top 15 talent but becuz of character concerns he will drop. These concerns are bout the people around him, not him. Never been arrested. If he could handle himself back than, he can handle himself now. a great value at 23, could end up being better than amukamara and mayb even peterson

I just believe this may turn out to be the best scenario for this team

Dude, you've got to be kidding me!

Kevin Kolb isn't as good as you or the Eagles apparently think. Fitzpatrick made a huge leap in his performance last year. He's also a hundred times smarter than both Vick and Kolb combined. Kevin Kolb works well in the Andy Reid west coast system, that's it. You guys aren't going to get a 1st round pick from anybody for him, let alone the #3 overall!...LOL

I happy with having Fitzpatrick as our QB next year. Dude threw a perfect pass that should have won that Steeler game and he'll probably end up with more TD passes than Vick in 2011. You can keep your backup west coast QB thank you very much.

like i said this is my opinion, and sure vick may not throw as many, but vicks pick numbers wont be in double digits hell also have about 600 yards rushing to go along wit about 3700 yards passing, im happy wit that any day. Also he can lead my team to the playoffs so im not here to talk smack talk eagles is for other forums, rite now its about this debate over who should be the leader for buffalo next year and i am stating that it shud be kolb. he gives the bills the best chance rite now

Fitzyisagirl- All my fellow bills fans are telling you what i've been telling you all along- KOLB ISNT THAT GOOD! I laugh when you tell me he is worth a 1st round pick......Fitzy in my opinion is just as good if not better....i agree with you that we HAVE to take a chance and get Newton or Gabbet. A franchise needs a FRANCHISE QB. Okaiiiiiiii

like i said this is my opinion, and sure vick may not throw as many, but vicks pick numbers wont be in double digits hell also have about 600 yards rushing to go along wit about 3700 yards passing, im happy wit that any day. Also he can lead my team to the playoffs so im not here to talk smack talk eagles is for other forums, rite now its about this debate over who should be the leader for buffalo next year and i am stating that it shud be kolb. he gives the bills the best chance rite now

Sorry, but Kolb isn't a better QB than Fitzpatrick. His production is the product of the west coast offense and his TD% last year was half that of Fitzpatrick's. Then there's the huge intelligence gap between the two players. Enough already, you're not getting our #3 pick.

buffalo fans if u havent been paying attention is this buffalo_bills....things could get ugly ;)

you dont get it bro lets take a look at the teams who have won superbowls since the ravens

patriots-brady

bucs-brad johnson (the single exception because of another dominant defense)

pats-brady

pats-brady

steelers-big ben

colts-manning

giants-other manning

steelers-big ben

saints-drew brees

pack-rodgers

see a pattern? franchise qbs...this team needs a face in order to become great...kevin kolb could be that man

I have thought this type of scenario through before. If Kolb at this stage in his career was draft eligible he would be a lock #1 to Carolina – right? I personally don’t buy the thought that he is only as good as Fitz, I think he is better. How much better we don’t know. He has throw for a handful of 300 yard games and multi TD games and has starting experience. He could be a great option or he could be a Rob Johnson, but I still think he is better than gabber/Newton and is much less risky.

There is likely talent there. But throwing for 300 yards with the loaded offensive talent on Philly is not really a good indicator or predictor of success elsewhere.

im not worried about getting the 3rd pick 1billsfan its a matter of what will u guys do wit it....we can all voice our opinions but buffalos fo is the ones who ultimately make this decision...kolb is a very coveted player rite now, probably the most of the qbs who have been deemed available. he may not have had a better season than fitzy, but he played 3 games and a quarter. also, he didnt get to play the likes of cincinati and miami (2 times!!). He played the falcons and he tore the !@#$ out of them

if buffalo wants to return to prominence, it wont be with fitzpatrick as the qb and yes kevin kob excelled in an offence that is gushing wit weapons but that isnt the point, he was also behind an atrocious interior line with a horrible right side. btw thx for jason peters that wuz a good trade for all of us. Im saying that kolb succeeded becuz he is very calm and smart with the football. We dont kno who is better between him and fitzy, but we all kno who has more potantial and the ability to win.

i have to go ill talk later pce bills fans

buffalo_bills=you suck

im not worried about getting the 3rd pick 1billsfan its a matter of what will u guys do wit it....we can all voice our opinions but buffalos fo is the ones who ultimately make this decision...kolb is a very coveted player rite now, probably the most of the qbs who have been deemed available. he may not have had a better season than fitzy, but he played 3 games and a quarter. also, he didnt get to play the likes of cincinati and miami (2 times!!). He played the falcons and he tore the !@#$ out of them

if buffalo wants to return to prominence, it wont be with fitzpatrick as the qb and yes kevin kob excelled in an offence that is gushing wit weapons but that isnt the point, he was also behind an atrocious interior line with a horrible right side. btw thx for jason peters that wuz a good trade for all of us. Im saying that kolb succeeded becuz he is very calm and smart with the football. We dont kno who is better between him and fitzy, but we all kno who has more potantial and the ability to win.

buffalo_bills=you suck

Fitzy is better than Kolb buddy. If Kolb was so good, than why would they sign Vick coming out of prison? Just because he had a couple good games doenst make him a franchise QB. Has he ever started a full season? Why would we waste a first or even a second round pick on him? Id much rather take Newton or even Gabbert ( and i HATE Gabbert). And hey, maybe with a full offseason as the starter Fitzy can become that Franchise QB we're looking for. Check the stats bud Fitzy and Vick almost had identical pass yds, and Fitz had more TD's. Yes i know MV had much less INT's, which is the stat that really sets them apart. But i billieve Fitz can learn from his mistakes, and if the franchise believes in him enough, they may stick wit him as our qb of the future.

fitzyisagirl- you suck and so does kolb

him?

Kolb won't be a Bill. The odds are slim to none he comes here or even is traded at all. We need to draft a QB this year, but not Newton or Gabbert. I went to sports.espn.go.com and compared stats for several QB's and Colin Kaepernick is the guy we need to draft, in the 2nd or 3rd round if possible.

1) 82 TD's vs 24 picks in four solid years as a starter

2) sacks decreased each year

3) 150.46 QB rating

4) completion percentage increased every year until 64.9 percent in 2010

5) threw for 10,000+ yards and ran for 4000+ yards in four years (NCAA record).

6) Also very mobile at 6'6" and 233 pounds

7) only player in history of the NCAA to pass for over 2,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in three seasons

8) 2nd fastest QB 40 time

9) spotless record as well as academic excellence, and a quality young man

This is the kid who will be the franchise guy where ever he goes. Mark my words in this reply.

Kolb won't be a Bill. The odds are slim to none he comes here or even is traded at all. We need to draft a QB this year, but not Newton or Gabbert. I went to sports.espn.go.com and compared stats for several QB's and Colin Kaepernick is the guy we need to draft, in the 2nd or 3rd round if possible.

1) 82 TD's vs 24 picks in four solid years as a starter

2) sacks decreased each year

3) 150.46 QB rating

4) completion percentage increased every year until 64.9 percent in 2010

5) threw for 10,000+ yards and ran for 4000+ yards in four years (NCAA record).

6) Also very mobile at 6'6" and 233 pounds

7) only player in history of the NCAA to pass for over 2,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in three seasons

8) 2nd fastest QB 40 time

9) spotless record as well as academic excellence, and a quality young man

This is the kid who will be the franchise guy where ever he goes. Mark my words in this reply.

He has that longevity of success in college ball that you're looking for, that's for sure. I can see Gailey liking his mobility and other physical attributes. Very good arm. Very bright. Coachable. I wouldn't be surprised. Thanks for highlighting his career. It's impressive.

GO BILLS!!!

buffalo_bills=you suck

Not worried about getting the 3rd pick????…LOL

"thank you we see the logic the bills cant wait any longer they need a franchise qb now more than eve…well in my opinion here is an actual legitimate trade…philadelphia eagles receive: buffalo 3rd overall…buffalo receives: kevin kolb, 23rd pick, 2nd rounder, and a 5th"

Dude you not only are full of you know what, you sound like a bad used car salesman. If only you'd have the gonads to admit that you hadn't even watched a Bills game last year and haven't a clue what our team needs are.

You have your answer, we think that Kolb isn't as good, and will never be as good, of a QB as Fitzpatrick is right now. Peace.

I don't see the Bills wanting to acquire Kolb. When he was given the starting job to lose, that's exactly what he did, he lost it. He strikes me as not being a front runner. Pretty good back-up but not starting material. I'm not sure he'd beat out Fitzgibbons who had the locker room squarely behind him. I see the Bills drafting someone they can groom behind Fitz with the added benefit of pushing Fitz to play well.

Cleveland and Holmgren's WC O might be the place for him.

GO BILLS!!!

do u rlly want me to come back to you 1billsfan and tell u why i didnt watch a bills game?

i didnt need to do it becuz i wuz worried about my team getting into the PLAYOFFs...for the eagles its superbowl or bust every year and that is the kind of mentality this team requires but instead it is being built around well...rebuilding with unneccessary pieces is proper....

if u guys dont get a qb have fun being here talkin about a high draft pick again

thats all i have to say

i want to find a post on this site about how the bills are going to reach the playoffs not who they will take in the first round every single god damn year

oh and reference to the previous post, kolb never lost it, he jus got injured which allowed mike vick to ELECTRIFY THE NFL..injuries happen bro

do u rlly want me to come back to you 1billsfan and tell u why i didnt watch a bills game?

i didnt need to do it becuz i wuz worried about my team getting into the PLAYOFFs...for the eagles its superbowl or bust every year and that is the kind of mentality this team requires but instead it is being built around well...rebuilding with unneccessary pieces is proper....

if u guys dont get a qb have fun being here talkin about a high draft pick again

thats all i have to say

i want to find a post on this site about how the bills are going to reach the playoffs not who they will take in the first round every single god damn year

Well, Fitzy. It's been 10 years since we sniffed the playoffs and nearly that long this forum contained any posts about the Bills reaching the playoffs. This is the best we can do until things turn around.

GO BILLS!!!

well then thats what this team shud be looking for from u guys its loyal followers, the attitude that its ur year NOW and let nobody tell u otherwise/......

except you buffalo_bills you suck

but to all u other bills fans, look at it every year how eery fan in the nfl craves that moment of tasting the lombardi trophy being raised by ur team...that is what we all can commonly say we do right...the dream

...oh and reference to the previous post, kolb never lost it, he jus got injured which allowed mike vick to ELECTRIFY THE NFL..injuries happen bro

Sorry, Fygirl. If a QB has a solid grip on the starting job it's his when he returns to the line-up after an injury. No doubt Vick made it easy for Reid to stick with him, but still. And Kolb didn't look that good before he got knocked out in the GB game.

GO BILLS!!!

...but to all u other bills fans, look at it every year how eery fan in the nfl craves that moment of tasting the lombardi trophy being raised by ur team...that is what we all can commonly say we do right...the dream

I'll drink to that.

GO BILLS!!!

hahaha cheers bro and i think about this every day...wut if kolb never took that hit....vick would be on the open market and some lucky team would get him instead....but one hit changed the entire nfl and shaped the season....i remember watchign a bills vikings game, you kno after the eagles were in the driver seat, with buffalo_bills and watching arthur moats nail brett favre and im thinking damn....thats the kind of power and force this team needs

id pick 2 becuz kolb will be a better immediate option than both newton or gabbert, and i can see the hope my friend says about fitz..i jus dont see it.....leave some comments nd talk to someone who is non bias opinion

Riiiiiiiight....someone with the username "fitzyisagirl" proposes we "talk to someone who is non bias opinion"

No bias there, Girls.

Geez Wheez