There's a subscriber only report that the Bills are

Beerball

What can you tell me about this football player who everyone knows is an O-lineman?

The most serious discussions have been with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals, all three of which had Hairston meet with their head coach.

Hairston, a two-time All-ACC left tackle, has the frame and quick feet to develop, but is in need of a quality personal trainer who can redistribute his body mass to help him play lower and with better technique. Without better knee-bend, Hairston projects to struggle at the next level. He could be tried at offensive guard but the same issue would need to be addressed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1242839

A middle round RT or G. I have heard some good reports on him, nothing from me though. He will likely be over drafted by Buffalo.

How can any team 'strongly pursue' a mid round pick? That's the article's title though...

Likely will go #3 overall.

Where've you been hiding out? Post more often!

It’s the Bills, they will strongly pursue a middle round pick and take him 2-3 rounds too high.

This is not an exact science. There are no "round" grades on players that apply to all teams.

In hindsight if some team had taken Tom Brady in the 3rd, should they have been chastised

for taking him higher than projected? I am NOT saying that this guy, whoever he is, is remotely

close to Tom Brady. I am saying that there might be 2-3 round differences in "round grades"

on a given player from team-to-team.

This is not an exact science. There are no "round" grades on players that apply to all teams.

In hindsight if some team had taken Tom Brady in the 3rd, should they have been chastised

for taking him higher than projected? I am NOT saying that this guy, whoever he is, is remotely

close to Tom Brady. I am saying that there might be 2-3 round differences in "round grades"

on a given player from team-to-team.

Thats exactly what I am saying. The Bills will have a much higher grade on him than say the Pats, Steelers, or Ravens (aka the teams that draft weel)

Here's what Longball at DraftTek says about Chris Hairston of Clemson (6’6”, 326 lbs) . . . "maybe not the greatest body, but only allowed 1 sack his senior season and graded out over 89% for the season (with multiple “pancakes”). The two-time All-ACC left tackle has the frame and quick feet to develop, but is in need of a quality personal trainer who can redistribute his body mass to help him play lower and with better technique. Without better knee-bend, Hairston may struggle at the next level. A three-year starter at left tackle for the Tigers, Hairston has a massive frame with quick feet, is agile for his size, and exhibits good lateral agility. Can run and hit second-level targets. Extends his arms, has a good initial punch (power is no problem with 33 Combine reps) with excellent hand placement and can slide his feet in pass protection. Yep, he may end up at ROT, but old Long Ball hasn’t given up on him yet!"

post-10-1299728001_thumb.jpg