Wisconsin Union Bashing Bill Passes

I love reading this pro and anti-union back and forth. It reminds me of my years as Superintendent of Schools negotiating with the teachers union. At the negotiating table, ALL talk was about more benefits, higher salaries, fewer work days, and veiled threats of what would happen if a settlement wasn't reached quickly, e.g. coaches would walk away from their teams. Of course, these topics weren't mentioned in the union's public statements which stressed student needs and other community-caring topics that were suffering because the school district was attempting to beat the teachers into submission.

Yeah, let me know when an individual district fends off the strength and resources of a state/national union! The only reason the WI unions even mentioned a willingness to contribute more to pensions and benefits was the stark fear that future negotiations might be conducted in the cold light of day.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and are against elected officials breaking LAWS in order to get their agenda through.

What, like fleeing the state even though law says the Governor can compel senators to show up and vote?

Oh wait, wrong party. :rolleyes:

I love reading this pro and anti-union back and forth. It reminds me of my years as Superintendent of Schools negotiating with the teachers union. At the negotiating table, ALL talk was about more benefits, higher salaries, fewer work days, and veiled threats of what would happen if a settlement wasn't reached quickly, e.g. coaches would walk away from their teams. Of course, these topics weren't mentioned in the union's public statements which stressed student needs and other community-caring topics that were suffering because the school district was attempting to beat the teachers into submission.

Yeah, let me know when an individual district fends off the strength and resources of a state/national union! The only reason the WI unions even mentioned a willingness to contribute more to pensions and benefits was the stark fear that future negotiations might be conducted in the cold light of day.

Fact of the matter is that the unions DID offer concessions. That wasn't good enough for the union busting Gov. Even though polls showed that the majority of Wisconsinites thought he was going to far.

What, like fleeing the state even though law says the Governor can compel senators to show up and vote?

Oh wait, wrong party. :rolleyes:

Is that kind of like a Governor stating he believes in a true Democracy? Oh wait, he didn't want to listen or talk to anyone except billionaire donors. HAHAHA now if that doesn't make one cringe. Come on Walker be a puppet for Koch Brothers.

• Want to protect the middle-class by taxing it to death

• Want to protect voting rights for college students WTF are you talking about?

• Want to protect the rights of women to butcher unborn children at will (against people using personal faith above another persons RIGHT to choose)

• Want your elected officials to listen to the will of some people (after all they campaigned on it - filthy liars)

• Want to keep the government from vilifying an entire religious faith (muslims) lol

Fixed all that for ya.

Fixed all that for ya.

• Want to protect the middle- taxing is necessary, unless of course your wealthy and a Republican donor. How else are we going to pay down this debt? Oh that's right, cutting jobs, cutting contractual benefits, cutting funding to schools, etc., etc.

• Want to protect voting rights for college students WTF are you talking about? - College Students are allowed by law to vote in the state in which they attend school. Republicans are pushing to make that right harder by imposing stricter guidelines - again going after the Democratic base.

• Want to protect the rights of women to butcher unborn children at will (against people using personal faith above another persons RIGHT to choose) - No one person has a right to tell another what to do with their body. If that was the case, I am hoping a law can be passed requiring anyone that registers as a Republican to have a lobotomy.

• Want your elected officials to listen to the will of some people (after all they campaigned on it - filthy liars)

• Want to keep the government from vilifying an entire religious faith (muslims) lol - Glad you find the Muslim radicalization hearings funny. I don't.

Edited by pBills

TSA unionized? What could possibly go wrong there?

For the record, Federal employees represented by unions have almost no collective bargaining rights. Essentially federal employees have what WI is doing to their unions.

Yeah, you're right. The Tea Party members NEVER sent out death threats. HAHAHAHA F'ing moron. Keep those blinders on.

I still love the attack against unions. My favorite comments are along the lines of "We need to take away their power to negotiate with people they helped elect". HAHAHA can someone say hyporcites? What do Republicans do with big business? Come on, Republicans... I thought you were crying about job creation and budgets? Ummm, no. Actually it's all about union busting (attacking the middle-class), killing planned parenthood and women's rights (forcing women who want to have an abortion first submit to an ultrasound - or by forcing doctors to tell women the possibility of increased risk of breast cancer following an induced abortion and the natural protective effect of a completed pregnancy in avoiding breast cancer), vilifying all muslims, stricter voting laws (making it tougher for students and others to vote - unless your elderly and have a gun permit in TX).

So whatever happened to jobs? Whatever happened to keeping your religious beliefs out of policymaking? I should be saying thank you to Republicans. Thank you for making that line you wanted to be blurred between Democrats and Republicans so clear. It's simple really. Vote Democrat if you:

• Want to protect the middle-class

• Want to protect voting rights for college students

• Want to protect the rights of women (against people using personal faith above another persons RIGHT to choose)

• Want your elected officials to listen to the will of the people (after all they campaigned on it - filthy liars)

• Want to keep the government from vilifying an entire religious faith (muslims)

Oh and are against elected officials breaking LAWS in order to get their agenda through.

You still said:

Breaking into buildings = yelling at people.

So youre STILL a !@#$ing moron.

But Im sure all this time on TSW will ensure you have to work tomorrow and collect that OT.

Is that kind of like a Governor stating he believes in a true Democracy? Oh wait, he didn't want to listen or talk to anyone except billionaire donors. HAHAHA now if that doesn't make one cringe. Come on Walker be a puppet for Koch Brothers.

Oh please, the "Koch Brothers" argument is such a tired line. Those "billionaire donors" gave a whopping $43,000 to the Walker campaign. I'm sure that's what swayed the entire election. :rolleyes: And yes, they donated money to a general Republican fund as well -- but it's not like that money was earmarked for Walker.

People in Wisconsin voted for him. People in Wisconsin voted in republicans across the state. Walker said he was going to fix the budget. He's fixing the budget. That's the way our democracy works, and he's been following it.

A few thousand people banging drums in Madison does not represent the entire state.

• Want to protect the middle- taxing is necessary, unless of course your wealthy and a Republican donor. How else are we going to pay down this debt? Oh that's right, cutting jobs, cutting contractual benefits, cutting funding to schools, etc., etc.

News flash: You can't tax your way out of debt. Something needs to be cut. In the case of our bloated government, radical cuts are necessary.

Fact of the matter is that the unions DID offer concessions. That wasn't good enough for the union busting Gov. Even though polls showed that the majority of Wisconsinites thought he was going to far.

I swear you've gone full-goose-bozo Charlie Sheen on this issue while simultaneously pulling every stereotypical cliche-driven hypocrisy out your piehole. It's only a matter of time before you start blaming Bush.

What I don't understand is why you guys are complaining. When Walker signs this law, ALL state employees will now receive a salary increase up to about $100 PER MONTH! How is that bad for the middle class?

Granted, that raise will come now that unions dues are no longer taken out of their paycheck against their will, but hey! Look at Gov. Walker! Helping out the middle class. Putting more money in their pocket. How can you hate a guy that helps the middle class like that?

You still said:

Breaking into buildings = yelling at people.

So youre STILL a !@#$ing moron.

But Im sure all this time on TSW will ensure you have to work tomorrow and collect that OT.

Are you talking about a building that should NOT have been locked down in the first place? Sorry, I am working on a salary, no OT for me. Sounds like you are just one jealous little pup that wishes he had some union benefits and opportunity for OT. The old, hey my life sucks, I want what they have routine. :thumbsup:

News flash: You can't tax your way out of debt. Something needs to be cut. In the case of our bloated government, radical cuts are necessary.

News Flash: This country CAN"T AFFORD to be continuing on with tax breaks. So we're looking at Radical Cuts... ok, let's see if Gov. Walker will cut his salary down from $130,000+ to say... $110,000. Seems fair to me.

Sure it does but not to the extent it happens in the public sector. See the private sector has these things called bottom lines, profit and loss.

... and poison pills and golden parachutes and boards stacked with buddies of the CEO and countless lines of middle management protecting their little fiefdoms...

I mean, I get it -- you don't like what's going on in a compay, don't invest. Now, try and not 'invest' in the state and see where that gets you. I get that.

Screaming about individual cops and teachers just seems a little over the top, I guess. That's all.

I swear you've gone full-goose-bozo Charlie Sheen on this issue while simultaneously pulling every stereotypical cliche-driven hypocrisy out your piehole. It's only a matter of time before you start blaming Bush.

What I don't understand is why you guys are complaining. When Walker signs this law, ALL state employees will now receive a salary increase up to about $100 PER MONTH! How is that bad for the middle class?

Granted, that raise will come now that unions dues are no longer taken out of their paycheck against their will, but hey! Look at Gov. Walker! Helping out the middle class. Putting more money in their pocket. How can you hate a guy that helps the middle class like that?

Talk about looney. Taking dues from their paycheck against their will. Sorry it's called being a member. Members pay dues. How can I hate the guy? The guy flat out lied!!! The guy is acting like a dictator... his way or the highway. Sorry that it not how a democracy works. By the way, since he got his way did he recall those 1,500 teacher pink slips? Let me guess, nope. Why aren't Republicans going after those golden parachutes and Wall Street people that created this economic mess?

So when will Republicans actually get down to creating jobs? Come on they bashed Obama on that for MONTHS if not YEARS. Instead they are going after unions, abortion, voting rights, anything else "faith" driven. I put faith in quotes because having someone like Gingrich talk about faith is hilarious.

Edited by pBills

So when will Republicans actually get down to creating jobs?

I love this argument. Let me give you an equally impressive response:

The unemployment rate has dropped for three consecutive months -- and is finally below 9% -- since the GOP was sworn in in January. Sounds to me like the Republicans are GREAT for business. Companies finally have confidence that DC will stop spending like whores and it's increasingly obvious that Obamacare is on its last legs. We're finally back on track.

Edited by LABillzFan

I thought this would be a good place to put this.

Sundown on the Unions. By Bob Dylan.

Sung by jamesraymondsmith

Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore

My flashlight's from Taiwan

My tablecloth's from Malaysia

My belt buckle's from the Amazon

You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines

And the car I drive is a Chevrolet

It was put together down in Argentina

By a guy makin' thirty cents a day

Well, it's sundown on the union

And what's made in the U.S.A.

Sure was a good idea

'Til greed got in the way

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong

And the pearls are from Japan

Well, the dog collar's from India

And the flower pot's from Pakistan

All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"

Where a woman, she slaved for sure

Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve

You know, that's a lot of money to her

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work

I say, "Why you say that for

When nothin' you got is U.S.–made?"

They don't make nothin' here no more

You know, capitalism is above the law

It say, "It don't count 'less it sells"

When it costs too much to build it at home

You just build it cheaper someplace else

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have

They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador

The unions are big business, friend

And they're goin' out like a dinosaur

They used to grow food in Kansas

Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw

I can see the day coming when even your home garden

Is gonna be against the law

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world

You'd better get that in your head

This world is ruled by violence

But I guess that's better left unsaid

From Broadway to the Milky Way

That's a lot of territory indeed

And a man's gonna do what he has to do

When he's got a hungry mouth to feed

Sure was a good idea

I love this argument. Let me give you an equally impressive response:

The unemployment rate has dropped for three consecutive months -- and is finally below 9% -- since the GOP was sworn in in January. Sounds to me like the Republicans are GREAT for business. Companies finally have confidence that DC will stop spending like whores and it's increasingly obvious that Obamacare is on its last legs. We're finally back on track.

Did Republicans give up on creating jobs while they push their social agendas? OHHHHHH, so it was all because the GOP was sworn into office that the unemployment rate is coming down ok. Any good trends happen because of Republicans, any downward trends all Democrats and the Unions fault. Makes sense... only to the right. Yes, Wall Street and the wealthy is on track. Middle-class not so much. Face it, it's not trickling down.

Edited by pBills