Hey Chef....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. The wife's gonna take it out when she gets home at 3.

That'll be 6 hours on low.

Think it's enough?

I've never used a slow cooker. I typically cook it in a 350 oven for about 1.5-2 hours. But then the dish is not done, only the chicken is done. I remove all the chicken and vegatables and slowly reduce the sauce by 1/3 or more our until it's thick. That's the key.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm not cooking it over two days, it's a slow-cooker version.

I think you should break the torch out and do some creme brulee to finish in classic French style! :thumbsup:

I've never used a slow cooker. I typically cook it in a 350 oven for about 1.5-2 hours. But then the dish is not done, only the chicken is done. I remove all the chicken and vegatables and slowly reduce the sauce by 1/3 or more our until it's thick. That's the key.

I know, I'm doing that when I get home. Gonna have her take it out of the cooker at 5 and refrigerate so when I get home at 7 I can reheat, then reduce the sauce. Damn I'm hungry. :lol:

The green (fresh thyme) is the key ingredient. I'm not sure if Joe knew that he probably just put it in there becaues Betty Crocker told him to.

Gimme a little credit. I can't do much right, but I CAN cook. And, as a fatass, I do know food :P

Edited by joesixpack

The green (fresh thyme) is the key ingredient. I'm not sure if Joe knew that he probably just put it in there becaues Betty Crocker told him to.

Just curious, do you have your own *herb garden? It is so much easier having the stuff on hand when you have it outside. There is vegetables...and then there is simply produce. I prefer vegetables.

*not marijuana

Just curious, do you have your own *herb garden? It is so much easier having the stuff on hand when you have it outside. There is vegetables...and then there is simply produce. I prefer vegetables.

*not marijuana

I'm planting one this spring. Soon.

Wife and Kid both tried it and loved it! Looks like I'm trying Osso Bucco next!

Wife and Kid both tried it and loved it! Looks like I'm trying Osso Bucco next!

Or awesome bucco as my wife calls it. Here's the trick. Tie a string around the shanks so they don't fall apart. Take them out of the pot and place them on the saffron rice (Milanese style) and then cut the string off. Otherwise you'll have a pot of sauce, shank bones and meat floating around.

*not marijuana

Not at this time. I used to in have a large rosemary bush in Orange county and used it for everything.

Or awesome bucco as my wife calls it. Here's the trick. Tie a string around the shanks so they don't fall apart. Take them out of the pot and place them on the saffron rice (Milanese style) and then cut the string off. Otherwise you'll have a pot of sauce, shank bones and meat floating around.

Good tip. Was going to try making risotto to rest it on. But yeah, that'd work too :worthy:

For those short on space to grow stuff (herbs, vegetables, a few fruits, and not marijuana as it is a killer drug which has wrecked the lives of billions), check out aeroponics. DIY types can make one for a few hundred dollars. I have seen commercial units that can grow 44 separate plants (say 44 heads of cabbage) for say $700.00. They grow things faster and healthier, so bigger. The mentioned heads of cabbage grow in say a month.

The produce is better, as it is allowed to fully ripen, as opposed to produce purchased in most supermarkets. Get grow lights (expect a visit from the police) and you can grow your own produce in your house year round. I should also note it is very green w/o the grow lights if you set up some sort of greenhouse, but that takes serious cash.

Edit - Forgot to add the downside to aeroponics, if you lose power to the mister that sprays the roots, you can lose the whole crop in a few hours as the roots dry out.

Edited by Booster4324