best and worst draft year

brenty

but thomas smith was a big bust to me

thomas smith was an excellent cb aside from his first year starting 94. he was a big reason we went to the playoffs in 95 and was replaced with a first round pick when he left as a high paid free agent (how is that a bust?), like the rest of them, thats what we always draft first round it seems.

anyway, he did have stone hands but defended many a third down pass.

1981 was a bad draft.. I remember Booker Moore being announced and felt like I was punched in the stomach... I know people at the time said we needed a FB and compaired him to Franco Harris, but I saw this guy play at Penn State and I knew he was NO Franco Harris.. It wasn't until the 9th pick of that draft that we got a keeper in Rob Riddick... It was just a really bad day for the team and the fans..

1995 was a great draft. Sadly, Kerner, Covington and Holocek got hurt. All 3 of them were very good players, especially Covington, who I think would have been every bit as good as London Fletcher.

2006 was absolutely sickening, and we actually traded away a first day pick to wind up with that mess.

2005 has to be the worst. The 1st rounder was traded for JP Losman, making Roscoe Parrish the only player who proved to be worth anything, and even that is only as a punt returner and 4th WR.

1995 was a great draft. Sadly, Kerner, Covington and Holocek got hurt. All 3 of them were very good players, especially Covington, who I think would have been every bit as good as London Fletcher.

2006 was absolutely sickening, and we actually traded away a first day pick to wind up with that mess.

One of favorite training camp memories was Covington body slamming Glen Parker.

The McCargo trade was bad, but 2006 also garnered Kyle Williams, arguably the best player on the team.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

The McCargo trade was bad, but 2006 also garnered Kyle Williams, arguably the best player on the team.

Absolutely.

What bugged me about 06 was the fact that it was an extremely deep draft at positions in which we had desperate need. Instead, they took Whitner, Youboty and Ko Simpson along with McCargo.

Really, ya can't make this stuff up.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=0610&type=team

There is a list of all our draft years, we had a couple really good ones and looking over it... wow a lot of bad ones.

whats your pick?

best i would say 85 is for me

worst (so many to pick) 93 (i know its an odd pick) but thomas smith was a big bust to me

85 was the best by far and 2000 could be the worst but there are so may to choose from!

Also does anyone remember how we ended up w 2 1's, 2 2's, 2 3's & 2 4's in 1985? that looks like NE* this year.