Packers cut hawk

dailar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AdamSchefter

Here's a shocker: Packers cut LB A.J. Hawk today.

Actually this move had been expected and speculated about months ago. Thus the trade rumors at the trade deadline involving the Bills.

Per his contract, Hawk is due $10 million on March 4th (two days from now).

It was expected that if he wasn't moved that he would likely be cut.

Get er' done. This would fill just one of the many holes on defense but it would be a position we can finally say we're somewhat deep at. These are the kinds of players that the Bills need to target. He's not coming with a huge price tag, making it a realistic signing that would fill a need on defense.

Yeah, do it.

I think I owe someone on this board an apology for calling them nuts when they posted we should trade for him. Now he's free!

All you people, clamoring for Hawk just because he's a known name...... I got a name for you... A name the league won't soon forget. Aaron Maybin :wallbash:

All you people, clamoring for Hawk just because he's a known name...... I got a name for you... A name the league won't soon forget. Aaron Maybin :wallbash:

huh? Don't you think there's a difference between a 2nd stringer without a position and a guy who was a captain for the Super Bowl champs?

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

huh? Don't you think there's a difference between a 2nd stringer without a position and a guy who was a captain for the Super Bowl champs?

I think you misunderestimate the powerhouse-to-be that is the Aaronator

Donald Lee just got cut as well. Would be a good pickup for us if we were to sign em.

These next two days are going to be one big tease, a lot of cuts but no further negotiations after midnight tomorrow.

AdamSchefter

Here's a shocker: Packers cut LB A.J. Hawk today.

now there is a guy i would sign befor the fourth. dont love the guy but he is a much better 3/4 ILB than anyone we have except poz.

i would make a very large effort to sign this guy fast because ILB is the weakest position in this draft.