Supreme Court upholds Westboro Baptist Church's right to be !@

Easy to say. How would you feel if you are at your loved ones funeral and a bunch of people are protesting. Very easy giving advice sitting in front of your laptop sipping a beer.

You're missing the point. The protests are hard to ignore for the few people directly affected. But if the media and world at large ignored them, they'd go away, or just protest funerals and only bother the families. Not great...but a helluva a lot better than all the attention they get now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the point. The protests are hard to ignore for the few people directly affected. But if the media and world at large ignored them, they'd go away, or just protest funerals and only bother the families. Not great...but a helluva a lot better than all the attention they get now.

So true. The strange thing is that if what you said did happen... You just know the families would be bugging the media to cover it. I know it is easy to say what I am saying in the chair I sit today... BUT sometimes you have to let go and realize that this is something that is better left being silent about. Yet, everybody still wants their story to be heard and these idiots FEED off of that trait. One must simply not give it to them no matter how tempting or satisfying it may seem to "get your message", no matter what that entails, back to these dolts. Doing this truly lops the head off the beast. Total silence is golden in this situation no matter what or who your loss is about. One has to have inner faith and confidence. The second somebody reacts... The other side wins. I understand, this has got to be the toughest thing in the world to do.

Anyway, the USSC made the right call. What is with Alito?

I make it a strict point never to agree with EII.

:blush:

Easy to say. How would you feel if you are at your loved ones funeral and a bunch of people are protesting. Very easy giving advice sitting in front of your laptop sipping a beer.

It'd be hell getting all that skin and bone out of the grill of my van.

So true. The strange thing is that if what you said did happen... You just know the families would be bugging the media to cover it. I know it is easy to say what I am saying in the chair I sit today... BUT sometimes you have to let go and realize that this is something that is better left being silent about. Yet, everybody still wants their story to be heard and these idiots FEED off of that trait. One must simply not give it to them no matter how tempting or satisfying it may seem to "get your message", no matter what that entails, back to these dolts. Doing this truly lops the head off the beast. Total silence is golden in this situation no matter what or who your loss is about. One has to have inner faith and confidence. The second somebody reacts... The other side wins. I understand, this has got to be the toughest thing in the world to do.

Anyway, the USSC made the right call. What is with Alito?

PPP is this issue in a microcosm. The conners of the world get all the attention.

They want attention and they know how to get it. If the media would actually smarten up and ignore these stories, I'm sure they'd find a whole new way of getting that attention.

PPP is this issue in a microcosm. The conners of the world get all the attention.

Not quite as much since he was banned, though his name still gets mentioned a lot.

Why did conner get banned anyway?

Edited by Gene Frenkle