Marcus Easley

JPicc2114

With all of these receivers.. kinda looks like one of them may be traded...

God, I see this every year. We were third worst team in the NFL guys. Nobody is sallivating over our awesome core of receivers. I like the guys and they did a good job last year but I don't believe the Bills phone is ringing off the hook to trade any of our players.

God, I see this every year. We were third worst team in the NFL guys. Nobody is sallivating over our awesome core of receivers. I like the guys and they did a good job last year but I don't believe the Bills phone is ringing off the hook to trade any of our players.

Why is it that any time a position group is better than "bad" we start trying to trade people off of it? Right now I'd say we are very much middle of the road.

Lee is a average to less then average #1 right now. I'd put him.... 12-18?

Stevie is in the same boat for #2 - probably a starter on 15 teams? Roughly.

Roscoe is terribly undersized, more explosive then average, but less physical the. Average 3. I think his role on any team is spot duty, and gadget at best.

Easley is a 4th rounder with no regular season snaps.

David Nelson is probably an average 4.

Anyone else is hard to measure up as they are 5s which some teams use for development, some for special teams etc.

When you start looking at other good teams we are light at the top end and maybe a little strong on our bottom half. Not great for trades.

Some posters really have irrational expectations for Easley. As a 4th round pick who missed his entire rookie season, he's not even a lock to make the final roster. Plus, it takes 90% of WRs a few years to even get to the point where they can be counted on as a starter. The talk about dumping Evans because Easley will step right in completely dumbfounds me.

I agree he has very nice potential, but anything Easley can give in 2011 should be considered gravy. 25 catches & 2-3 TDs would be a nice first season for him.

I am very optimistic about Easley too, but he is last on the depth chart at this time. So Buffalo has WR depth. 3-4 guys who would be solid second or third WR’s on a lot of teams, but none of them are exceptional. It seems unexceptional solid role players have little trade value as they are easy to find in free agency.

Our standards have gone way down. Our WR's don't strike fear in anyone and have a lot to prove that they are a "Strength on the team".

It would be more fair to say they have the most potential on the team maybe.

1) Lee Evans can be easily contained (as demonstrated in the past few years) and hasn't shown to be more than a situational deep threat.

2) Stevie Johnson displayed his chemistry with Fitz (due to extensive practice likely as they were 2nd stringers), but teams will game plan for him next year. Let's see how he does next year.

3) Roscoe Parrish is fast... but also apparently very brittle and easy to simply take the ball from.